Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

Mods that come with their own custom DLL file WILL crash. That has been the case with all patches... the DLL really is the game's core, and the mod's author needs to update it for 3.17.

Wow didn't realize my sig would cause so much discussion. I was just quoting one of those "Inspiring" Posters.

People, I would be surprised if the mods that involve DLL changes ( like the Revolutions or 34 civs ) would not get broken with the patch. Check the respective threads/forums to see if there is/will be a 3.17 update

And I would like a real editor too ( far more than a half baked MesoAmerican mod.... )

too bad that all those huge space mods will have to be downloaded again, and unlike you, i have no happy hour... :(

and a real editor is surely needed (half baked MesoAmerican mod? was it even started to be "baked"?)

3.13 Bug: Event will name a 3rd-party civ that hasn't been met yet. For example, I know civ A but not civ B but the "marriage-gone-bad" event between A and B gets announced.

Would I need to undo the 3.13 patch to update?

Sounds like BH patch with some bugs added. Besides the buggy/broken no espionage option and limit to siege off of ships, is there anything in this patch worth all the bugs? Most of the issues BH addressed in his patch (meaning Firaxis copied his patch then added bugs, I mean "features")

Well since your sig, says we can't call you an idiot. Just don't use the patch.

I'm not. Just wondering if there is anything else not documented that might be beneficial.

i am using a Direct2Drive version, and downloaded the patch from Direct2Drive, and when I run the patch it says it successfully installed it, but it simply DOES NOTHING. My version stays as 3.13.

anyone else with D2D have this issue?

For those that are having TXT_PLAYER_(something ) stuff, especially in the espionage screen, I made a corrected version of the defective file ( CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml , that is in Assets\XML\Text ). AFAIK it is working well....

Check it here, in post #9 ( and don't forget to backup the original file ;) )

I have one word to say, just one word...

CYLONS!!!

WHOOT! :woohoo::woohoo:WHOOT!

anyone else with D2D have this issue?

i have similar problem with d2d copy

hi guys, i have the same problem with the installer not recognising that the game is on my system. i downloaded the game from direct2drive.com so i don't have a CD and its on my D drive because there wasn't room on my C drive for the whole game, can anyone help with this!?!

I made a corrected version of the defective file ( CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml , that is in Assets\XML\Text ).

Due to how Civ4 handles game text XML files (loads all it finds--modular XML loading is not necessary), you can actually create a new file (e.g. "CIV4GameText_Objects_Missing_317.xml") with just the missing tags from 3.13. This way you don't need to back up the original or include all the originals.

Also, you could put it in "My Games/BtS/CustomAssets/XML/Text" in either case to keep it out of the install directory. I recommend this route for the "unofficial" patch.

^^I know, but I'm still old school on that ( no modular XML and the old mantra "Always backup" ( "Jesus saves. So should you...." like one of my Network Engineerirng roommate used to say :p ).... )

But putting it in costum assets is a must :hammer2:

In fact the code is not missing... it was pasted in CIV4GameText_BTS.xml. But it looks that some Vista computers can't load it from there.....

i have the steam version, no scenario maps work. Civ 32, civ 18, none of them. Uff......

I have noticed ( missed desparetly) that the glance screen has been removed due to this new patch. I understand that it was removed in 3.13 as well because it was ugly, but it provided a ton of useful information. Is there a fix for this? It was posted that there was a fix for the 3.13 patch. Is this compatable with 3.17? Up to half my kindom and a horse for the return of the glance screen!

OK, Got it! Bhruic's supplementary patch IS compatable with 3.17 and works just fine. Now I will happily run off to play!

downloading via the in game menu, been waiting over 2 hours but whenever I try to proceed, I get "cannot proceed until patching is complete" or something to that effect. i recall 3.13 took over an hour but this is getting silly. Also i don't get any kind of indicator telling me how much more to go...
Should I pull the plug? sure don't want to have download everything from scratch. this could be the end of civilization for me.....Help !

downloading via the in game menu, been waiting over 2 hours but whenever I try to proceed, I get "cannot proceed until patching is complete" or something to that effect. i recall 3.13 took over an hour but this is getting silly. Also i don't get any kind of indicator telling me how much more to go...
Should I pull the plug? sure don't want to have download everything from scratch. this could be the end of civilization for me.....Help !
Try downloading it from the Downloads section in here... the auto update function of the game sometimes don't work very well

Top Bottom