Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

Maybe a bug report:

I don't know if it started with 3.17, but Charismatic leaders bonus +1 :) with monument doesn't work anymore. Instead monument does the normal +:)...

Maybe I will just wait for the Unofficial Patch and BUG Support before moving up...

"France-Surrendering to just about everyone since 55 BC."

Excuse me? France did not actually exist until the Franks created that country in the so called dark ages, centuries later. Would you care to disclose how many instances you think there were of France surrendering to another nation?

"France-Surrendering to just about everyone since 55 BC."

Excuse me? France did not actually exist until the Franks created that country in the so called dark ages, centuries later. Would you care to disclose how many instances you think there were of France surrendering to another nation?

Hoho just what he was waiting for. By the way, no link with 3.17 patch.

(Answer to your question: For purpose of defeats Celts (Gauls) are to be considered French, for purpose of victory they are British and American. It is a simple rule, isn't it? :crazyeye: )

---

I have a question, because I never noticed that before. Ressources have a +1 bonus (hammer,food or coin) listed but it seems it never applies... Does anyone know how it does work? Maybe it has been discused elsewhere before :blush:

Maybe a bug report:

I don't know if it started with 3.17, but Charismatic leaders bonus +1 :) with monument doesn't work anymore. Instead monument does the normal +:)...

Er . . . what normal happiness? Monuments don't give any happiness at all unless you're charismatic. They give +1 culture.

I just checked. I had Boudica build a Monument, and the Happiness in the city went up by one, just as it is supposed to with a Charismatic leader.

Hoho just what he was waiting for. By the way, no link with 3.17 patch.

(Answer to your question: For purpose of defeats Celts (Gauls) are to be considered French, for purpose of victory they are British and American. It is a simple rule, isn't it? :crazyeye: )

Very simple; that's probably why there are Celts, Franks and French as different Civ4 civs.:mischief: (France surrendered in 1813, 1815, 1871 and 1940. The Franks never surrendered, I think. Present day England - and English - ows a lot to the surrender in 1066 AD to the French Normans, the most succesful invasion since the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Norwegians, Danes...)

BTW, on topic, I wonder if Dale, Kael and Rhye were informed of this upcoming patch...:confused:

Very simple; that's probably why there are Celts, Franks and French as different Civ4 civs.:mischief: (France surrendered in 1813, 1815, 1871 and 1940. The Franks never surrendered, I think. Present day England - and English - ows a lot to the surrender in 1066 AD to the French Normans, the most succesful invasion since the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Norwegians, Danes...)

Correct. There are basically three big hiccups in French history: the end of both "Empires" (Napoleon I and Napoleon III), and WWII. The first two are the sequels of the French Revolution -- which England has not really experienced.

Franks are considered the founders of "France." It's ironic that they came from the other side of the Rhine. :lol:

Yup... it is better to start a list of things to fix ;)

- XML tags text showing in some parts of the game due to poor editing ( easily fixable )
- No demographic info in No espionage game ( fixed by Solver )
- Barrage promos make no effect in units without native collateral ( like tanks or gunpowder units derived from MGs ) ( fixable with some lines of code )
- Worst enemy feature gives spoiler info ( easily fixable, I think )

BTW someone can confirm:
- if the claims of no WW in AI are true?
- If 3.17 saves load on 3.13?

Er . . . what normal happiness? Monuments don't give any happiness at all unless you're charismatic. They give +1 culture.

I just checked. I had Boudica build a Monument, and the Happiness in the city went up by one, just as it is supposed to with a Charismatic leader.

Er... OK, I was checking on Civclopedia and it stated the culture bonus, a :) bonus (right of the picture) and in additional effect +1 :) for charismatic leaders... I guess it's because I was playing with a charismatic leader that he displayed the bonus in the box.

Sorry for this...

@JEELEN humm Franks, like everybody surrendered lots of time:

- 'french' franks surrendered to the Norman by selling them Normandy
- 'german' franks & wallons were beaten by 'french' franks at Bouvines (1214)
- 'french','german','english' & 'norman' franks surrendered during crusades

But as they were the only one to keep the Frankish language, frenchs are probably to be considered as the descent of Franks, more than the germans. BtW in German, France is Frankreich -> Empire/Kingdom of the Franks

Ok,ok I love to be off-top and that's bad :(

Okay guys, please keep documenting bugs... if someone can keep a list in one post, many thanks in advance. I am probably going to try and whip up a fix for the issues but I need to be able to find them to do it ;)

Also, if anybody encounters reproducible crashes or buggy behaviour, please post a save, ideally in the bug report subforum, I am monitoring that.

I'm having a problem with the patch that I hope someone here can help me with. I can download the patch just fine, but it has problems with the Install Shield. I have Civ 4 on my removable harddrive, not my C drive, and the Install Shield Wizard tells me that no version of Civ 4 can be found. I suppose that it is looking for it on my C drive, but it never gives me an option to select a drive. Is there a way around this?

hi guys, i have the same problem with the installer not recognising that the game is on my system. i downloaded the game from direct2drive.com so i don't have a CD and its on my D drive because there wasn't room on my C drive for the whole game, can anyone help with this!?!

All this sounds like: great attempt with the best intentions... BUT still a lot of things to fix. And after all: I'm not a friend of patches crashing all my mods if it is not really necessary...

btw: I'm still waiting for a real editor like in the old civ III. Will there be any in CIV V?

People, I would be surprised if the mods that involve DLL changes ( like the Revolutions or 34 civs ) would not get broken with the patch. Check the respective threads/forums to see if there is/will be a 3.17 update

And I would like a real editor too ( far more than a half baked MesoAmerican mod.... )

Top Bottom