Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

BUG's BULL, though it does add a couple GUI features. It doesn't fold in all the AI changes, just the bugFixes AFAIK. DLL's are becoming a bit more prevalent though - with a number of mods changing a little thing here and a little thing there. I'd love for a consensus standard 1 or 2.

Maybe they should have a public beta before the final final patch (if there is one).

That way, everything gets worked out :goodjob:

I actually don't understand why they don't do this already - they'd certainly get enough people testing it, and quite a lot who would actually be able to solve any problems as well.

Speaking from experience, it doesn't work that way. ;)

Look at the Civ3 - Conquests Public Beta test. We identified many bugs. Most got fixed. Some were unable to be fixed in the time given, others were fixed after the beta test was over, but introduced *new* bugs. :crazyeye: There are still many unresolved bugs in C3C.

I'm just happy that Firaxis was able to allocate sufficient resources to give us this (3.19) patch. Face it, we didn't expect anything after 3.17.

I am sorry if this has been mentioned in the previous 20+ pages of this thread, but what changes to a Mod's XML files need to be made to make them compatible with 3.19? Are there new tags that need to be inserted?

Could a WBS file from 3.17 work in 3.19 or does it need to be updated?

Thanks for any information.

@Padma, yeah but it definitely generated a decent amount of goodwill.

@Wotan321: Mods that didn't rely on the DLL are _mostly_ stable. And non-PBM saves and maps are compatible.

I can't understand why after 4-5 Patches they STILL make gamecore.dll with max 18 civs... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Because people still complain about speed issues, and increasing the maximum # of players increases memory usage, saved game size, and turn times.

Not sure if this has been mentioned...I just upgraded a unit and realized the unit did not get knocked back to 20 XP (or was it 10 XP?) like it used to do. I'm not sure if this was an intentional change, but I seem to like it :lol:

Does that unit have a great general attached to it?
Yes it does...By the way, a Gunship with Leadership, Morale, Blitz, and Combat 1-6 is an awesome unit...almost reminds me of Stealth Fighters from Civ 1 :D

[BtS 3.19 Mod] Culturally Linked Starts v 1.1.3
Description: "Culturally Linked Starts" reassigns the starting locations generated by a map script of your choice in a way, that they somehow ressemble the distribution of the real civilisations and the distances between them on earth. London should be near Paris but far away from Kyoto for example. You might remember a similar functionality from Civilization . You are allowed to use up to 40 civilisations. See the first screen shot below for a map with 34 civilisations reassigned solely by the Culturally Linked Starts mod.

Downloads: There are two versions available. The first is Culturally Linked Starts only and the second is a merge of Culturally Linked Starts with Better BTS AI. Both versions come with an Installer/Uninstaller and the repective source code.

Just to clarify this one. Am I right in thinking that 3.19 is unusable for those of us that downloaded the game from places like gamesplanet because they'll never add it to the dowloaders?

If there's no way round it then we're locked out of new development and new mods :(

Funny, my game was bought on gamesplanet so I hadn't installed the new patch yet. Read here that it didn't required the cd anymore and thought why not [Install the patch]? And guess what? It worked!

Just to clarify this one. Am I right in thinking that 3.19 is unusable for those of us that downloaded the game from places like gamesplanet because they'll never add it to the dowloaders?

My take on it, and insertion of the [Install the patch] for clarity.
Just download the patch from any of the available mirrors, or firaxis/2k themselves.
And you should be good to go.

Top Bottom