Civ4 PitBoss Email Turn Notifier v0.1...

I'm not sure what I did different, other than maybe apply some security patches, but I can now run 2 instances of PBNotify. Strange, but I'm not complaining.

I can run two instances, and it seems to work correctly.
Sometimes pnbotify will let me start it after loading Pitboss, sometimes not. Exactly once it never found the game that started.

I've only just begun my first Pitboss game, but so far all my testing has it working like a dream.

A question... I love that it can minimize Pitboss to the tray, but is there any way it can also minimize the Shortcut to Pitboss.exe window to the tray? Or am I missing something?

Again, thanks so much for this program.

I get the same error message as Wasweissich (except in English)

It looks like the app is trying to run a debugger application that I don't have installed. I'm assuming that the debugger comes with the .net 1.1 SDK or something.

Since Scree was kind enough to post the source code I'll take a look at it tomorrow with a buddy that knows .net better than me. I'm hoping it is something stupid because I really want to use this utility for my PitBoss games.

In in game notifier does not work except for a few lucky people who have email that works on port 25.

Your options for notifiers are to use this program by scree, or use Civstats by OverloadUT. I prefer Civstats because it provides more features. The program itself does not generate the emails, instead it sends turn information via live feed to www.civstats.com, where players can see who has and has not played, conduct diplomacy, and soon have aother features.

The Pitboss Webstats Proof of Concept thread here on this page has the information you need for that.

Thanks for the clarification!

I'm running CivStats already, but I would like to allow players get notifications by emails as well (if they opt to recieve them).

Scree's tool looks promising.

CivStats.com actually does have email notification now. Players can choose if they want to receive them. All they have to do is create an account and register their leader.

Does anyone have problems with pbnotify?

It runs for awhile and then I get problems when it tries to send out mail.

Is there anything I can do to send a debug log to the author?

Thx
jonpfl

jonpfl said:
Does anyone have problems with pbnotify?

It runs for awhile and then I get problems when it tries to send out mail.

Is there anything I can do to send a debug log to the author?

Thx
jonpfl

On my pitboss server the app crashes on startup. But Civstats came out shortly after that and I haven't bothered to pursue fixings pbnotify, particularly as I locked down the pitboss server pretty tight security/performance-wise and in all likelihood the problem is on the box and not with pbnotify itself.

Hey I've found that, at least for me, Hamachi sometimes causes the turn notifier to stop working. So if you're having problems you might want to try turning Hamachi off... worked like a charm for me.

To those whose pbnotify fails to start (it tries to open debugger) - you can work around it by starting pbnotify first, and then the pitboss.
If I get a chance I'll look into what's causing the exception.

Top Bottom