Civ4 PitBoss Email Turn Notifier v0.1...

I just wanted to mention that this still seems to work perfectly on the new "v1.0" Pitboss that works with 1.61.

Awesome!

OverloadUT said:
I just wanted to mention that this still seems to work perfectly on the new "v1.0" Pitboss that works with 1.61.

Awesome!

thats because there is virtually no difference between beta PB and 1.61 PB

I need to load up a 2nd instance of PBnotify. I've tried doing this two ways, but neither seem to work for me.

If I just start it using the same icon as my first instance, I get an application fault message.

Next, I tried copying the .exe to another folder so I have 2 pbnotify.exe's and starting the 2nd, but it still generates the app fault.

How is everyone else running the 2nd instance? I'm assuming it's something with my setup so any info on how someone else's is configured may help me out.

Thanks,

Jarn

Scree: I run PTBS on my home computer. For months now at least i don't have 2 screens up, your notifier minimises 1 to the system tray. Is it possible that your program can minimise the "PTBS" screen too?

Jarnhestur said:
I need to load up a 2nd instance of PBnotify. I've tried doing this two ways, but neither seem to work for me.

If I just start it using the same icon as my first instance, I get an application fault message.

Next, I tried copying the .exe to another folder so I have 2 pbnotify.exe's and starting the 2nd, but it still generates the app fault.

How is everyone else running the 2nd instance? I'm assuming it's something with my setup so any info on how someone else's is configured may help me out.

Thanks,

Jarn

I'm having this same problem, but now if I close both pb games, and just open the 2nd, pbnotify will still crash. So there must be something dodgy about the second game, as oppose to having it run twice at once (because I had that working before too)

having real issues with this :( keep getting a cant connect to server thing now, and randomly crashing.

AHHH how do u clear the settings for this? I've cleared the registry, but it seems certain games will just crash pbnotify on loading.

A problem that I only just noticed yesterday. Have been using this for weeks now, so I don't know how I missed it. When I use the notifier to minimize the PitBoss window the timer stops ticking. I don't know if this has been mentioned or if I'm the only one. Just thought I'd point it out.

Strange, I keep mine minimized and don't have that problem. Is the timer stopping completely or just going really slow? Can you see it in game, or just on the server console?

I have noticed that the timer seems to take longer than it should (ie. a 24 hour turn finishes later on one day than the day before) but I don't think that (for me at least) it stops completely while minimized, since I have it minimized most of the time.

That's probably not a problem with the Notifier, it's a Pitboss problem. Pitboss is probably using CPU cycles to keep time and when programs are minimized Windows will typically throttle back the CPU cycles they get. You can probably fix it by setting the thread priority to high in the Task Manager process list. It should help it, at least.

Is the boxed used for anything else? My box is dedicated and I think I see an 24 hour timer usually take 25 hours.

It definitely stops. It happens when I click on anything in the pitboss window as well. The timer stops until I let go of the mouse button. It's incredibly strange. Not really a problem, though. I just won't minimize it anymore. It's just me, though?

The clicking thing is a different issue. Mine does that as well. I can think of a few more applications that behave that way too.

Top Bottom