Civ4 Pitboss Launcher - For Pitboss players

Didn't work on mine , just found out why.
My mouse was set for left-hand. If I change it to right-hand it works fine.

I just released a new version that adds support for resolution 1680x1050. Thank you portuga for providing me with the coordinates!

There are no other changes in this version except a couple code cleanups that don't matter to you. :D

It would be great if something similar could be made for hosts - like: start pitboss, enter smtp password, enter admin password, load last save game... :p

netbjarne said:
It would be great if something similar could be made for hosts - like: start pitboss, enter smtp password, enter admin password, load last save game... :p

That is already in the works and will be part of the CivStats Uploader. If you haven't checked that out yet, you should do so!

This sounds good... would love to try it out.

404 Not Found, however. Something amiss with the hosting place? :confused:

OverloadUT said:
Ah! Yes, I need to upload it to a new location.

I'll upload it to CivStats and post here when I do.

Jolly good! I've just started to use CivStats, thats great piece of work, man. :goodjob: Any plans of releasing the php script & other stuff its running on, at some point? I might be interested to run it on my own server for my small civ gamer group...

New version!
Warlords support!

This is a long overdue update.

Warlords is now fully supported and some tweaks have been made that speed up the process.

Enjoy!

Oh this is definitely getting used for the 32-player game then... :goodjob:

Hey Overload,

I can't seem to make this work. After reading some of the posts you have here, it appears you are moving the mouse by coordinates on the screen. I would guess the problem I am having is that I have a dual monitor setup. I only use one for the game. They are both set at 1280 by 960 set side by side. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Chad

NYURDRMS said:
Hey Overload,

I can't seem to make this work. After reading some of the posts you have here, it appears you are moving the mouse by coordinates on the screen. I would guess the problem I am having is that I have a dual monitor setup. I only use one for the game. They are both set at 1280 by 960 set side by side. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Chad

That is definitely a case I haven't tested, but it should still work...

What exactly happens when you press "Go!" - it should launch the game and then several seconds later the mouse should start moving and doing its thing. Be sure you're giving it enough time to get started, and don't press ESC to skip the videos - that will stop the process.

Would it be possible for you to add something to your pitbosslauncher so that it will be possible to use it for version 2.00 and 2.08.
I like you launcher but with this patch has put a spanner in the works.
I look forward to any assistance.

richm said:
Would it be possible for you to add something to your pitbosslauncher so that it will be possible to use it for version 2.00 and 2.08.
I like you launcher but with this patch has put a spanner in the works.
I look forward to any assistance.
If you mean making it work for 2.08 - it should still work just fine, unless they changed one of the menus around. I haven't installed 2.08 yet so I'm not sure.

If you're talking about using it to handle two different Warlords installations, there is a way to do this. You need to create a second directory and copy PitbossLauncher.exe and PitbossLauncher.ini to that new directory. Open up PitbossLauncher.ini and change the WarlordsExe variable to point to the location of your second Warlords installation. Unfortunately then you'll need two shortcuts to PitbossLauncher: one for each version.

I might add a feature that makes this a little easier, but that will work in the mean time.

Edit: You don't need to do this anymore. See the post below. :)

Version 2.1 Released
Some features I had been meaning to implement for a while now are finally here!
  • Added the ability to directly launch a particular profile by adding the profile name as a command line parameter. The profile name must be enclosed in double quotes, "like so." The profile name is case sensitive.
  • Added a "ExeOverride" variable for each profile that can be used to make a certain profile use an exe that is different from the rest of the profiles. This is for people who maintain multiple installations of Civ4 so that they can connect to servers running different versions.
  • Added a button in the GUI to create a shortcut for you that will directly launch the profile selected.

I cant make it work...

Just does nothing at all when I launch... Well it launches the game, but nothing more.

I run windowed in 1280*1024

tried waiting 5 mins.

Oh wow, I never noticed this before, and it looks really handy, thanks for this Overload!

This thread should definitely be stickied.

I'm confused...why are you futzing about with resolutions when this could all be done with keystrokes? Also, your app fails to move my mouse (I waited a full minute). I'm running the current version of warlords on a fully updated xp install. Anyhow, it wouldn't be that difficult to rewrite your program as a sequence of 'down,' 'tab,' and 'enter' keystrokes, would it? Not knowing AutoIT myself, I don't want to invest the time to change your code...

Top Bottom