Civ4 Pitboss Launcher - For Pitboss players

OK, I found a little bit of time just now and made the changes. If you want a copy of the modified source, I can email it to you. (The changes allowed me to completely eliminate all 'resolution' support).

I'm confused...why are you futzing about with resolutions when this could all be done with keystrokes? Also, your app fails to move my mouse (I waited a full minute). I'm running the current version of warlords on a fully updated xp install. Anyhow, it wouldn't be that difficult to rewrite your program as a sequence of 'down,' 'tab,' and 'enter' keystrokes, would it? Not knowing AutoIT myself, I don't want to invest the time to change your code...
Actually, I really don't know. I seem to recall wanting to do that originally, but turning away from that method because there was something I couldn't get past. It could be that whatever it was changed in a patch, or it could be that I was just wrong. I hope it's not the latter, because the mouse click stuff took far more effort that it would have to do it with keyboard presses!

OK, I found a little bit of time just now and made the changes. If you want a copy of the modified source, I can email it to you. (The changes allowed me to completely eliminate all 'resolution' support).
I'm glad! I'd love to have the modified source to use as the next release. You can email it to me at Overload@planetunreal.com

You can't on your end without modifying the code. I will update this very soon. I will also roll in the changes kepler made.

New Version Released
Download link in the Original Post.

As you probably guessed, this adds support for Beyond the Sword. Enjoy!

I haven't made the changes to have it use the keyboard instead of the mouse quite yet; I only had time to quickly add in the BtS stuff.

This is a modified version of the Pitboss Launcher 2.5, instead of using mouse clicks this program now uses keystrokes as input method.
With this modification the program now works with all ingame screen resolutions.

Have Fun with it.

Thanx to OverloadUT for the program, because its always easy to adept, but it takes a lot more effort to make something. :D

I would like to thank HakTom and Sepgod for Beta testing.

Attachments

• PitBossLauncher 2.5.1.0.zip
    237.5 KB · Views: 278
Hello Boys and Girls,

a new update is here.

Now it provides also a "Version Mismatch" override switch, which is selectable for each profile.

So ever getting nerd by that warning, remove it quickly and sane with PitBossLauncher 2.5.2.0. :D

Attachments

• PitBossLauncher 2.5.2.0.zip
    353.4 KB · Views: 451
Thanks Moby. I actually use a modified version of your modified version personally; I just haven't gotten around to rolling it in as an official release!

Cool... why not post this new version here, since I know at least 3 people (me included) using that marvelous tool.

I'm going to bump this old post and hopefully get this awesome tool some attention.
I have a couple of questions about how it works.
I am using the last modified version that was updated with keystrokes instead of mouse movements. However, when I start the tool I still get a message about an unsupported resolution. Is the resolution still necissary or is it just a left over check that isnt needed anymore?
Also, how does determine the correct leader in the list? Since a logged in player does not show up in the leader list the 5th leader may not always be 5th in the list if other players are logged in.

Weird, since in my version there is no check for resolutions anymore, you are sure, you are using my version, could you post the "PitbossLauncher.log"?

I know of the problem with the already logged in leaders, but there is no way for the program to "see", if there is anyone connected, so its necessary to just press <ESC>, and log in manually on the "choose a leader" screen.

I have the problem that the program types in the password for the player but CIV would not accept it. If I type it manually, it works just fine. any ideas?

Could it be, that your using special characters or just A-Z,a-z,0-9?
If so, I dont know how this bugger reacts.

Hello Boys and Girls,

a new update is here.

Now it provides also a "Version Mismatch" override switch, which is selectable for each profile.

So ever getting nerd by that warning, remove it quickly and sane with PitBossLauncher 2.5.2.0. :D

Hi,

I got a trouble with the 2.5.2 version: my antivirus (Comodo) says it's infected with a worm (Worm.Win32.AutoIt.~NUP@87254575). I don't have this trouble with 2.5.1, so I suppose it is a real alert.
BTW, many thanks for this soft.

Top Bottom