Civ5 & Earth maps

Regarding the features, when releasing cIV, firaxis didn't have a time machine to check what stuff they would include in BtS. But while developing ciV, they did have BtS, didn't they?

This is absolutely true but it is some kind of a tradition in civ (unfortuantely). Since Civ3, they always has been made 2 expansion and a lot of contents they publish with this expansions where part of previous civ version (I can't remember about this in civ2, I think in civ2, the expanisons where primarly about scenarios). In civ4, even multiplayer was not part of vanilla! The same for great generals as I remember... At least they break with the tradition in civ5 when it comes to bugs, it was at least playable with the release.

Since civ5 was released, I was nearly sure that religion and espionage will be part of an expanison, this is just the way they make money with civ (like I said this is very "unfortunately" and it wouldn't work for most titles. But hey, it's civ).

However, civ5 ist not that bad, it's just not exactly what civ was before but I had my fun with that game (even not on the long run till now as with civ4). Even some of the changes can be discussed, I think changing the game in some core aspects from version to version is a good thing. I don't want a "new" civ which is like civ4 just with up-to-date graphics. And the developers listen to the community as some of the patches proof (comparing to games like Silent Hunter5 but that's a different story ;) )

Top Bottom