Civ5 Stories & Tales Central

Civ'ed

I ain't gotta explain a thing
Recently, I've noticed that the Civ 5 S&T forum is missing a lot of order. It's astonishingly hard to find some of your favorite stories. Inspired by Southernking's Civ4 story catalogue, I proudly present an index for all the stories here. If you start a new story, post here first! :king:
Current Stories
The War Room - Total War in Civilization V! by Lighthearter - A special total war game.
Descent Into Madness-Another Anarchy Game by Save_Ferris - Anarchy game. Nothing else.
On Hiatus (aka possible update)
Children of the Emperor: Life and Death Amidst the Clans of Japan by yahzuk – A popular forum game in which players would represent the citizens of the in-game empire. (Yes, it’s on hiatus whether you like it or not)
One More Turn: Legend of Civilization by WildWeazel – The sequel to the popular Civ3 story: One More Turn Theater. But Weazel has disappeared...
Diary of a New(b) God by yahzuk – A popular story in journal form about Egypt.
Definitely dead but worth a mention
Athens? No, this is… by R3dKnight – An amusing Deity tale about Greece (Renamed to Sparta). He was one of the bravest.
Realpolitik 2- Novus Ordo Seclorum (Beta) by Lighthearter – The beta thread for Realpolitik II (See Above)
God, War & Politics by yahzuk – Yahzuk’s first forum game. Basically, players controlled cities (what they produced and their citizens) and yahzuk would carry out their orders. It died after much of the empire was lost in a devastating war.
Rammy's Revenge, or, How to Take Over the World and Regain your Honour by Mzrokks – A story about Siam and how Mzrokks has something against England. Mzrokks has left though.
Become a citizen of the Empire! by Slowpoke – An anarchy-like game in which players took control of cities and units. It died because there were eventually too many cities and units to keep track of.
L'Histoire De La Grande Balle Bleu - a French Civ5 AAR. by Grunthex – An early AAR that eventually was said to be lost despite having no concluding update.
The Glory of Rome by charon2112 – An early story about Roman conquests.
The "United" States of America by secondsaber97 - A game similar to yahzuk's popular "God, War, and Politics one, but with America instead of France.
Finished
Civ 5 Playthru -How to Conquer the World by being Poor, Upset and Massively Outgunned by lemmy101 – The Original Civ5 playthrough. The most read Civ5 story that’s unlikely to be passed anytime soon. Like lemmy's other story (see below), it was hilarious.
Lemmy the Indecisive and his Plucky British Advisor Sidekicks by lemmy101 – It was kind of an Anarchy Game in how it was played. And like (almost) all anarchy games, it ended early. Just as funny as anything lemmy.
First Attempt in AW games- Rat’s Warmongering by ThERat – The first documented AW game for Civ5 by the Civ3 Succession Gamer.
One city. One Large Deity game. Always War. by Slowpoke – Another AW game, but the game was lost after an unlikely run of existence. His cannon has gone down in Civ5 lore.
How to lose tragically after approximately 20 turns by Mzrokks – Originally a short tale about Egypt, it eventually evolved to have several alternate endings with different styles of play until he actually won. Mzrokks started the Rammy meme of civfanatics.
Babylon Diety NO IRON by Vanjito: a game where the player has... no iron!
Coming up...
The First Civ5 Anarchy Game by Sparthage – Sparthage, founder of anarchy, presents you... ANARCHY!!!!

Update log and important events in the forum:
April 6: Southernking starts the Civ 4 version of this thread. It is stickied and replaces the old forum index.
May 2: The Central is started in Civ 5 as a desperate attempt to bring all the crashes in order. Sparthage sends his list.
May 3: Sparthage's additions are added and the update log starts. Civ'ed announces this will only have the categories mentioned.
May 4-5-ish: Thread is stickied :goodjob:!

guy, sorry if this is off topic but we should start a thread for anarchy games

Cool, now it's stickied. :goodjob:

Civ'ed, there's some more of my summaries coming soon to a PM box near you.

Good to see that my ideas spread rapidly. :king: Just an idea, I think it would be a good idea to have a social group, called like the "Storytellers Lounge" or something like that, where everyone who has a story/AAR or frequents the S&T forums can spam each other chat. What do y'all think?

Just made one (I've been thinking about making one for us in the Civ3 forums, but one for all of CFC is better).

And remember folks, the Civ4 forums are now up to 4th most active on CFC! (dont know why I put this here, maybe I want y'all to go there?)

And add my only Civ5 Story, Ghandi the Reporter! Of course, being me, it's gonna go in the "Possible Update" section :D

Yours is part of my sent updates.

:bump: Hey Civ'ed, I spent over 2 hours putting all of those updates together, when will they go up?

Top Bottom