Civilization Revolution for Wii Postponed

Thats a very minimal system. I doubt it will match a 360/PS3 in frames per second, or run games on high graphic settings. Hell, Vista alone will cost $100 (im still running XP on this computer).

Im talking about building a real gaming rig.

Dual 8800GTs, 4 gigs RAM, etc etc etc.. I was looking at a nice rig, it was $2,000 without a monitor. Thats when I started looking at consoles. A XBox 360 will set you back $350, $450 if you get the Elite.

To me, it was a better deal then building up a new PC. Your mileage may vary.

Head tracking isn't anything new to PC gamers as I have a TrackIR for years now. In fact TrackIR can track 6D (directional) movement. I found head tracking is most useful for flight sims since you can't turn your plane around on a dime like a FPS. So for most games head tracking isn't very useful and some cases more of a hindrance.
In order for the wii-mote to track depth as shown in this video you not only have to keep your eyes centered on the TV but also your head still and pointing straight toward the screen without turn any to the right or left. This is because when you using only two point of reference there are two different ways of getting the two points closer :
A) moving farther back from the camera
B) by turning your head some either to the right or left.

Your missing nothing, but a PC that runs FPS as well as a 360/PS3 would cost between $1,500 & $4,000. Thats one of the main reasons why I bought a 360, cost effectiveness.

A Nvidia GT8800 video card alone cost $450.

I'd look for a different store. 8800 GT should only cost about $250 or so. More or less depending. You can get a 9600 Gt for less than $200. $450 will get you an 8800GTX/GTS.

But, the Wii was slated for a later release. I think Wii people weren't sold on this reason (in the news item) for this... reason.

Now this is what the Wii community needed to hear, to understand, but... (working on a credible response).

Civ players are generally only concerned about Civ. Whether these projects are cool or not is irrelevant...to us.

You big baby! :cry:

;)

so, basically, all the achievements and innovations Sid has made in the last 20 years for gaming hasn't given Firaxis enough mooolah to afford manpower? Team up with Nintendo. The would like it. Sid is a legend.

Hmmm... Have you seen the screen shots of the XBox 360 version vs the DS? Sorry, the DS looks like a joke. The Wii doesn't have near as much graphics processing as a 360 or PS3, im not surprised that it couldn't handle CivRev. Mario Galaxy looks like a PS2 game... a bad 5 year old PS2 game at that.

If your into graphics, and high fps, you need a 360, PS3 or a $1500 PC. Sorry, but hardcore gamers consider the Wii a novelty.

Or are you saying that its ok for the Wii version of CivRev to look like DS?

What they hey; most of the critics (and me) say that Mario Galaxy has hands-down the BEST graphics on the Wii. Though I personally think Twilight Princess still has the best gameplay.

@Dojoboy: Look, just because you're a civ player doesn't mean that all you have to care about is Civ; that will only lead to disaster. Look, Sulla is a civ player, but he plays stuff like Master of Orion, Diablo II, Tetris, Final Fantasy, Dance Dance Revolution, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Metroid Prime 3, Radiant Dawn, Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Galaxy, and he lives in a cramped apartment. And besides, maybe Sid is going to make Dinosaurs for us! Or maybe even a sequel to Alpha Centauri!

@Dojoboy: Look, just because you're a civ player doesn't mean that all you have to care about is Civ; that will only lead to disaster. Look, Sulla is a civ player, but he plays stuff like Master of Orion, Diablo II, Tetris, Final Fantasy, Dance Dance Revolution, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Metroid Prime 3, Radiant Dawn, Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Galaxy, and he lives in a cramped apartment. And besides, maybe Sid is going to make Dinosaurs for us! Or maybe even a sequel to Alpha Centauri!

Play those as well. You missed the point that not having the Wii version of CivRev is more important to me than any other project they may have. Doesn't mean I don't play other games. If they make a sequel to SMAC, then I'll be pleased. I'm a consumer and I spend my money on what I want. If I don't care about their projects over a Wii version of CivRev, then I don't care. If they come out with SMACII, I'll do a 180...because I can. :p

Top Bottom