CivIVor - second season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robboo

Deity
oh crap...ahhh

so we are picking balanced teams i assume based on BC's rating. Its too dam early for me to think...I need coffee.

IglooDame

Enforcing Rule 34
Supporter
Retired Moderator
oh crap...ahhh

so we are picking balanced teams i assume based on BC's rating. Its too dam early for me to think...I need coffee.

Maybe Team Caffeinated Cold Cajun Californians?

Anyway Robboo, Shane, and I are teamed up and are preparing to destroy you all even as you read this.

robboo

Deity
bwhahaaaaaa..
Laissez les bons temps rouler....

(Team C4 ????? for short)

It will be nice not to have to kill you ID. :)

IglooDame

Enforcing Rule 34
Supporter
Retired Moderator
bwhahaaaaaa..
Laissez les bons temps rouler....

(Team C4 ????? for short)

It will be nice not to have to kill you ID. :)

Oooh, I like that - Team C4 it is. :cool:

And the feeling is entirely mutual, though let's not count our kills before they're hatched, eh? :mischief:

IglooDame

Enforcing Rule 34
Supporter
Retired Moderator
Oh, and yet one more thing to decide, folks - civ selection.

I'm partial to "pick anything you want, but only one financial civ per team" or something like that. I'd also suggest as a matter of course here, that gifting/ungifting/regifting be allowed 100%, regardless of motive or Aggressive civ status - I'd imagine most every team will have Aggressive among one of their six traits, thus every team have the opportunity to combat1-upgrade their units.

BCLG100

Music Master
Financial isn't imo the 'best' trait so by all means allow more than 1/2 per team- it is upto the respective teams how they want to play it tbh :)

I'm partial to "pick anything you want, but only one financial civ per team" or something like that. I'd also suggest as a matter of course here, that gifting/ungifting/regifting be allowed 100%, regardless of motive or Aggressive civ status - I'd imagine most every team will have Aggressive among one of their six traits, thus every team have the opportunity to combat1-upgrade their units.
I really dont like that idea.

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
I would agree if you're playing individually. What you're saying is correct but as a team you're working to maximize the group so all three are really one.

IglooDame

Enforcing Rule 34
Supporter
Retired Moderator
I don't like gifting units for promos. Seems like way too much of an exploit to me.

The alternative is to say "you can't be gifted units if you're Aggressive" or you can't gift units at all, neither strikes me as particularly nice in a team game...

robboo

Deity
I like the regifting rule..but its not enforceable. If its a team game whats the difference...just make sure every team has an aggressive civ IF they want one.

Rhymes

Drive 4 25 is back
Ok so I'll make a public offer to Darkness and Javy since the list is shortening. (randomly picked among the 2 per category left)

How does that sound?

Lord Parkin

aka emperor
The alternative is to say "you can't be gifted units if you're Aggressive" or you can't gift units at all, neither strikes me as particularly nice in a team game...
Why? I don't understand why everyone is so against this. The exploit where a unit gained promotions when gifted to an Aggressive (or Charismatic, for that matter) civ has been gone since at least the latest Warlords patch (and possibly before), to my knowledge. :confused:

I'm partial to "pick anything you want, but only one financial civ per team" or something like that.
I disagree. People have different preferences and priorities, and not everyone prefers Financial. I'd say that all teams should be able to pick any three civs they want, although personally I'd add a rule that those three civs can't all be the same one.

BCLG100

Music Master
I still dont really care tbh.

Meli you wanna make up the cdz b team? not sure who else is in the other group of players :)

Raisin Bran

Cereal Killer
I wanna be with BCLG! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom