CiVUP - CiV Unofficial Patch

Have you written him a personal message or contacted via his site?

I am sure he will answer you and I am sure there is some reason for this. The way you describe it, the whole thing certainly is not okay. But then, we know Thal as someone always referencing everything, so I find it hard to believe.

Thus, write him directly, it's a better way than over the forum.

There is any way to active or deactivate the features of this mod? There is two things that troubles me, the fact that every title that I buy a notification opens, making my game slower and when I need to choose a new research it opens the table research, I would like the "vanilla" way.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any english mistake.

There is any way to active or deactivate the features of this mod? There is two things that troubles me, the fact that every title that I buy a notification opens, making my game slower and when I need to choose a new research it opens the table research, I would like the "vanilla" way.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any english mistake.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first request. When I buy a tile in GEM I don't get a popup notification.

To open research in the sidebar try right clicking the research text instead of left clicking.

If you are having performance issues try using my patch to make LuaJIT work and see if you have any performance increases.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first request. When I buy a tile in GEM I don't get a popup notification.

To open research in the sidebar try right clicking the research text instead of left clicking.

If you are having performance issues try using my patch to make LuaJIT work and see if you have any performance increases.

Sorry for any english mistake, strange but somehow the pop-ups disappeared, don't know what I did, but still the game slow down not only I buy the title but when I select the capital, your suggestion to right-click the research text worked, thanks, I will also give a try to your patch and see if it will fix these slow downs.

Sorry for any english mistake, strange but somehow the pop-ups disappeared, don't know what I did, but still the game slow down not only I buy the title but when I select the capital, your suggestion to right-click the research text worked, thanks, I will also give a try to your patch and see if it will fix these slow downs.

If you are using an older windows cpu then you may want to set EnableGameCoreThreading to 0 in your config.ini file, as shown here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Civili...its_or_end_turn_.28EnableGameCoreThreading.29

Meh, with update yesterday VEM v167 doesn't work anymore and even reinstalling doesn't fix it. Ot doesn't add money / research, "end turn" reads "please wait" and does nothing, when pressed it ends the turn but it's non-playable. :thumbsdown: Now what, do I have to buy G&K or play other mods, as I don't think Thal would fix a mod that old...

GEM isn't working properly either (as with many other mods). It's not just a vanilla related issue. It might take a few days or weeks for either to reach a playable state after the release of the patch/BNW. The patch was, somewhat predictably, extensive.

The same 'please wait' problem is in GEM and VEM, so the problem is probably somewhere in civup. Fixing one should fix the other as well. I'm sure everyone agrees that VEM can't be left in an unplayable state either.

@Kilandor
I'll remove the code and include you in the credits. I apologize for the mistake. I thought I'd included your name in the credits. I'm also sorry for the delayed reply - I was away from modding for several months.

Hi,

are there any plans to make CivUP compatible with BNW ?

Hi,

are there any plans to make CivUP compatible with BNW ?

I think that will be part of CEP Advanced due to lua coding.

I believe the plans are to release CEP basic which will be more simple things and also more compatible. Then work on CEP advanced with more complex coding etc.

I expect to adapt to the interface parts of the project sometime within the next week or two. It's an important priority for me. However, it takes a lot of time to accomplish, so I'm focusing on simpler and quicker stuff in the short run. I'll get to the hard stuff too. :)

I still have yet to purchase BNW. I noticed that CivUP hasn't been updated and I am wondering if authors of certain components have.

There are a few features I like and I'm wondering if there is another place for me to obtain them.
1. Growth notifications that don't stop when your city grows.
2. Culture growth notifications.
3. The luxury trade window.
4. The alt+hover resources for different upgrades.
5. The culture indicator on city name label.

Thanks!

Edit: I've now upgraded to BNW and using Cat and Cin. Sadly, I didn't find those features in those.

Hi, how do I redownload this mod? I don't have BNW yet and I can't find it anywhere D:

edit: Seems like it really is nowhere to be found, ended up just rebuilding the darn thing along with GEM in modbuddy.

Mhm, do i see correctly that nearly none of the GUI features (shown in the OP post in the screenshot) work anymore? The only thing that seems to work is the tile info (but without improvements) :(

edit: Got most of it to work by downloading it directly and not via workshop. However, one of the most important features to me, the improvement preview in the tooltip is still not working. anyone got ideas? (and yes, i pressed alt, and altgr and a lot of other buttons^^)

Top Bottom