Community Patch - How To Install

Since joining this thread, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it at least once every day. The last time, I made sure to scrub out the DLC folder, so it would download fresh.
Is there any other manner of going about this?
Is this about the bestiary I have baying out of my MODS folder?
I'm not sure how I would install the game and it not download all the mods. I mean, that's automatic as soon as I click "Mods". And that I must, to switch on CP and VP. But when earlier I stated that I had started the game with only CP, only CP and VP, or only CP, VP, and 3a, I was very literal. Only those mods were enabled when I collected those logs.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/post-16550841
1. This looks suspicious to me, because of the English/German parts. I am not sure the game and/or VP can handle this correctly.
The CiV install should be completely in English: On Steam, go library, right click Civ5, choose Properties, then English language.
2. In that menu you can also verify your install and the installed files. First empty your cache and mod folder completely.
3. Install your desired VP version. Choose "VP with EUI" when prompted. Check destination folder.
Good luck!

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/post-16550841
1. This looks suspicious to me, because of the English/German parts. I am not sure the game and/or VP can handle this correctly.
The CiV install should be completely in English: On Steam, go library, right click Civ5, choose Properties, then English language.
2. In that menu you can also verify your install and the installed files. First empty your cache and mod folder completely.
3. Install your desired VP version. Choose "VP with EUI" when prompted. Check destination folder.
Good luck!
Thank you. The language issue had been brought up, I had actually done what you suggest earlier (see bunch more screenshots downthread from the one you are referencing).
But I only noticed that I had already done all of that after I had already uninstalled Civ5 and scrubbed MODS and DLC. So What The Hey, here I go again.
Results remain unsatisfactory. See screenshot (taken just now).
2024-01-08 12_50_32-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png
I managed to start up a game (and snap a screenshot) before the game started downloading my subscribed mods, which is a first, so I grabbed log files, also, for whomever it may concern.
2024-01-08 12_49_50-Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11).png

@azum4roll had mentioned that the folder structure of my DLC stuff looks all wrong. He hasn't been since, so may I ask you:
Could you relate to me the structure of your DLC folders, so that I might try to manually emulate it and help VP find what it needs?

Attachments

• 2024-01-08 12_50_45-Greenshot.png
    2024-01-08 12_50_45-Greenshot.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 66
  • LogsWithEmotyModFolder.rar
    35.3 KB · Views: 6
VP requires all DLCs (excluding map packs) to be functional, but you're missing a lot of them (Mongolia, Korea, Babylon, Polynesia, Denmark, Inca are all missing).
@DerGolgo It looks like you still have numerous DLCs missing, check Steam or whatever you use to see if you have them, if they are disabled etc.

EDIT : I'll be checking this evening how the DLCs look like, I'll be posting if I find something different from your installation.

Last edited:
Strangely, I get DLCs both in the DLC folder (01) and in the Expansion folder (02). However, in game, when looking at DLCs, they are all display, unlike you.

Also, there is a lot more stuff in the folders contained in the base DLC folder. I'd say your intallation is not done right, for whatever reason.

Attachments

• DLC_Folder_02.png
    DLC_Folder_02.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DLC_folder_01.png
    DLC_folder_01.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DLCs.png
    DLCs.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 51
Okay. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game once again, scrubbing Mods and DLC folders again. And bullied the Steam client by basically checking and unchecking every option I could find, I don't even know what all I did.
But it finally did download all the DLC!

And yay, when I start a game and found a city, it looks like it should!! SQUEEE!!! 🥰😍:dance:
Now I can go about breaking the game with a few dozen other mods.🤪

THANK YOU, @Anarcomu, @azum4roll, and everybody else, for sticking with me and helping me figure this out!

...or you get rid of all that ancient stuff. There are so many interesting new mods for VP :cooool:
I confess: a significant number of the mods is there because I enjoy building a unit... and then spending the next five minutes picking instant promotions. 😝
I'll be scrolling through more recent mods, maybe. Any recommendations? Or a link to any top 10 lists?

Hello, i cannot start game, i installed withautomatic installer, i choose "Vox Populli with EUI", in the game all i can choose is 4 different mods, Community patch, VP, and 2 more (can't remember but also depens on VP).
And game has like half black screen and i get an error while loading game of missing textures

This is what happens when it tries to load a match, there is like 4-5 load texture fails
1704995624041.png

Hello, i cannot start game, i installed withautomatic installer, i choose "Vox Populli with EUI", in the game all i can choose is 4 different mods, Community patch, VP, and 2 more (can't remember but also depens on VP).
And game has like half black screen and i get an error while loading game of missing textures
You installed the mod in the incorrect location, it's missing the EUI. Please check your CIv 5 installation folder on Steam, then copy that folder to the installation part where it asks for the game location.

Hi it's my first time posting in this thread. I used to play VP all the time several years ago. After reinstalling, for some reason the text for some of the extra wonders is messed up (see screenshot). Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

1705277292060.png

Is the RED unit mod not working for anyone else? Textures are missing on some units. I cleared the game cache and reinstalled community patch, but no dice.

Has anyone else's spy UI broken? I just noticed it, and I know I installed VP/CBP correctly - I just fixed a prior UI issue with it.
I can hit "move," but that doesn't actually do anything - I can't click any of the other buttons, and the city list only shows 1 city (I started an England game just to show the UI, but this is essentially what it looks like no matter how far along the game you are, as I first noticed this issue about 200 turns into a Korea game after getting the first spy).

Update: The "Civ Name by Policy" mod messes with this UI, so I had to turn it off and that fixed the issue. Strange, but oh well.

Attachments

• spyegh.png
    spyegh.png
    574.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
You installed the mod in the incorrect location, it's missing the EUI. Please check your CIv 5 installation folder on Steam, then copy that folder to the installation part where it asks for the game location.
could you write a step-by-step guide how to fix this. I cant get it - it just doesnt work

I've installed mod, but I noticed two issues with it. When I try to see what building does before building it, the text is all messed up. And the bigger issue is that I can't adopt policy at all, which means I can't progress to next turn. Can anyone help me with this?

could you write a step-by-step guide how to fix this. I cant get it - it just doesnt work
Open Steam -> right-click on the Civ 5 game -> go to "Manage > Browse local files" -> copy the entire folder address to the installation path on the step where it asks for the Civ 5 installation folder.

As for the location where it asks for your Civ 5 mods folder, the installation should automatically detect your Documents folder. If not, then you go to the Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 folder and do the same thing as above.

Open Steam -> right-click on the Civ 5 game -> go to "Manage > Browse local files" -> copy the entire folder address to the installation path on the step where it asks for the Civ 5 installation folder.

As for the location where it asks for your Civ 5 mods folder, the installation should automatically detect your Documents folder. If not, then you go to the Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 folder and do the same thing as above.
Thanx so much! It helped!

Top Bottom