Civver Looking For PBEM Game...

Game: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
Scenario: Earth (Civ4)
England not available on that one

Earth18Civs could be too crowded.

I'd actually recommend we use that one mapscript ReallyEvilMuffin once gave me but whose name I forgot and which I currently can't find. You can set exactly what leaders and civs are present on the map, and they will all spawn in predetermined locations, also there have been made some tweaks regarding balance to the terrain.

What we can gain through diplomatic means.

I'm... not sure what exactly you mean by that. :confused:

That is on my mind. I will report where I'm at, where I want to go, and you tell me ways to get there. You can expect these sort of questions: can I beat Berlin with axemen, or would it be better to wait for praetorians and catapults before I declare war? In addition you can monitor my progress when we get tech for open borders and help defend my capital in case I make serious frak up.

That sounds good.

No AI teams in game setup. But during gameplay we can offer/accept open borders and defensive pact with AI civs through diplomacy screen

[edit]
Can you PM Phylhom your e-mail address so he can start the game and send you files? I will PM you mine in the morning. Now time here is 22:40 and I go to sleep.

No AI teams in game setup. But during gameplay we can offer/accept open borders and defensive pact with AI civs through diplomacy screen

[edit]
Can you PM Phylhom your e-mail address so he can start the game and send you files? I will PM you mine in the morning. Now time here is 22:40 and I go to sleep.

I don't see how Open Borders and Defensive Pacts is relevant for this. I was asking if we pair up some AIs with each other as well.

But I don't think Phylhom has the mapscript.

I'd actually recommend we use that one mapscript ReallyEvilMuffin once gave me but whose name I forgot and which I currently can't find. You can set exactly what leaders and civs are present on the map, and they will all spawn in predetermined locations, also there have been made some tweaks regarding balance to the terrain.

That sounds good.

My ears are burning ;) it's earthevolution2 and comes in many iterations (there is even a 1000ad one out now kinda like the shipped scenario, except Europe is actually enjoyable to play as there aren't 20 cities where 5 would be ideal)

If you team up with knoedal as a preset team you will hideously outtech the ai - there would be very limited point playing on noble. Whatever your current ability level I would up it one per person on the team to keep it at that same difficulty.

Btw I found the map I was talking about, it's called EarthEvolution2. I have uploaded it in this post if you want to take a look at it.

Unpack it into C:\Games\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps or whatever your path for Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps is.

Incidentally I think it is I who should host the game, seeing as I have the most experience with this map and in general.

It's just something you need to choose as a map type like Pangea or big and small rather than a scenario imp.

I know that. Doesn't change the fact it's saved as scenario rather than a mapscript.

I checked up on that from the manual. No, I had not in mind that kind of teams. No teams in game setup.

You sure about that? Not even for the human players? May I ask why?

You sure about that? Not even for the human players? May I ask why?

I quote you the manual:
During play, team-members share line of sight,wonder effects,
and technology research. They also share victory and defeat.
Team-members always have Open Borders with each other,
and they cannot declare war on one-another. If any teammember
declares war on another civilization, all are at war.

I want to learn fight my own wars without involving other players if I don't need to.

Just a thought on what's being arranged. Couldn't we get a few people around a game made up of a few competing human teams, each of them composed by one more experienced PBEM player and another less experienced one? That way the veterans would truly need to help their respective partners.

For myself, I'd sure like to work together with some of the players I see around here.

I quote you the manual:

I want to learn fight my own wars without involving other players if I don't need to.

But yesterday you wanted me to be Greece to easily come to your aid? :confused: Incidentally that's why I wanted to play England, though I've changed my mind and prefer Russia now,

Just a thought on what's being arranged. Couldn't we get a few people around a game made up of a few competing human teams, each of them composed by one more experienced PBEM player and another less experienced one? That way the veterans would truly need to help their respective partners.

For myself, I'd sure like to work together with some of the players I see around here.

Actually such a game already exists, it's called Bootcamp, though I guess we could organize another one like it.

But yesterday you wanted me to be Greece to easily come to your aid? :confused:

Come to aid if I need it. If I don't need it, just monitor my progress. And cover my flank. Also without team setup each of us can fight our own separate wars against separate opponents (if that were to happen) at separate times without all of us waging war on multiple fronts all the time.

Can you start the game and send me my turn now?

Come to aid if I need it. If I don't need it, just monitor my progress. And cover my flank. Also without team setup each of us can fight our own separate wars against separate opponents (if that were to happen) at separate times without all of us waging war on multiple fronts all the time.

Can you start the game and send me my turn now?

Just because I would officially be at war with, say, Germany at the same time as you are doesn't mean I would actually send troops to fight them.

I can monitor your progress a lot better if I actually can see what's going on in your cities, which I do from turn 1 if we are teamed up.

I can start the game as soon as we have reached a consensus on this issue.

Just because I would officially be at war with, say, Germany at the same time as you are doesn't mean I would actually send troops to fight them.

I can monitor your progress a lot better if I actually can see what's going on in your cities, which I do from turn 1 if we are teamed up.

I can start the game as soon as we have reached a consensus on this issue.

Hei guys, is it not better a specific thread for our game?

Instead AI can send its troops against you instead me. Or other way around. Which wouldn't necessarily be the case without team/permanent alliance.

Hei guys, is it not better a specific thread for our game?

If we ever get it started... What should be thread title?

Instead AI can send its troops against you instead me. Or other way around. Which wouldn't necessarily be the case without team/permanent alliance.

It won't if I'm isolated in England and just keep to myself.

The first 100 Turns of any game are the most important ones, and if we are not teamed up I can't proprely track your progress during that critical time without you providing a bazillion screenshots.

How about a compromise: We don't play in a team but I give myself a bazillion espionage points against you and spies in your territory via Worldbuilder at the start of the game?

The first 100 Turns of any game are the most important ones, and if we are not teamed up I can't proprely track your progress during that critical time without you providing a bazillion screenshots.

Does it need be that detailed? Wouldn't occasional screenshot of cities & surroundings and description what those are doing be adequate? Also read this again

Does it need be that detailed? Wouldn't occasional screenshot of cities & surroundings and description what those are doing be adequate? Also read this again

We're gonna out tech the AI without preset teams anyway unless we turn off Tech Trading too, or just make it a house rule to not give each other techs or something.

Yes it needs to be that detailed because I'm a control freak.

A bazillion espionage points and spies for me is gonna save you so much effort in taking and uploading screenshots, at least give me that if you won't have me as a teammate.

Top Bottom