College Football 2008

That efficient game-planning really worked for Oklahoma last year...

Are you saying Oklahoma is a good team now??

Today its "hopes to be back for opening game"--thats not day to day.

Who cares! Virginia might as well be a warmup preseason game and as a ND fan you should know how well USC backup QBs can play

Are you saying Oklahoma is a good team now??

90 wins over 8 years to go with 5 Big 12 Championships, 6 BCS appearances-including 3 title games-as well as a national title. Yeah, I know that isn't much to separate them from the Baylors of the world, but that ain't half bad at all.

Clemson wins a big game every year too. They then fall back into their mediocre, two steps forward two steps back mode. Much like Tech. They find a way to beat OU, but still lose to a really bad Colorado team.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned both those teams. This is such a critical year for the both of them. This Tech team is the most talented and experienced that they have seen in a long time. They have to step up this year and show that.

For Clemson, this is as weak an ACC as they could hope for. Boston College lost it's leader in Matt Ryan, GT has a new coach, VT has a ton of holes on both sides of the ball, Miami and Florida State are both still in transition, and Virginia has lost several key players to academic ineligibility. Anything below an Atlantic Division championship should be considered a disaster and anything less than BCS berth a failure.

Tommy Bowden is coach though, so anything (bad) could happen.

I'd frankly prefer to start with a fresh hand than continue on with Olson without Cowan (already out for the season).

BYU's on the receiving end of a lot of hype, being at the top of the non-BCS teams and expected to do more than just sweep another conference title. "Their chance to break into the big leagues" or whatever. This could either push the team to excel, or as in the past they might crack under the pressure. The Washington and UCLA games will show whether BYU has the grit to play with the big boys at all, much less manage a BCS bowl game.

I think BYU could have joined the Pac10 a long time ago, but they refuse to play on Sundays. Right?

The Washington and UCLA games will show whether BYU has the grit to play with the big boys at all, much less manage a BCS bowl game.

Washington just sucks and UCLA's on their 3rd string QB--BYU better win easily.

And more importantly, they refuse to be a research institution.

Where do you stand on it?

I would take BYU over some of the lessers in the Pac-10 any day....probably to the point of giving them a few accommodations.

Texas should've joined the Pac-10. That's my stand. Totally fits, because it is actually a reputable research institution and has lotsa Asians.

Texas should've joined the Pac-10. That's my stand. Totally fits, because it is actually a reputable research institution and has lotsa Asians.

And, Texas-USC Rivalry >>>> Texas-Oklahoma Rivalry

Where do you stand on it?

I would take BYU over some of the lessers in the Pac-10 any day....probably to the point of giving them a few accommodations.

Personally, given BYU's size and institutional athletic advantages (very affordable to walk-on, one of the only non BCS teams with the ability to recruit nationally, etc), it would be a better fit in the Pac-10. BYU can't change conferences without making some academic changes though, and for reasons that I don't understand, its administration has been hesitant to do that.

I would prefer that BYU met the research institution requirements for the PAC-10 independent of football, because I think the largest LDS University ought to be able to give a world-class education, given all of its advantages...but thats not my call to make.

Top Bottom