Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

What's with the Spanish leader statues?
There's an Ibero American Plaza near Central Station in Sydney, it commemorates contributions of Spanish and Portuguese speaking peoples to Australia. We have something similar but with less statues in Canberra too. It appears to be an initiative of Australian Hispanophone and Lusophone civil society organisations and those countries' diplomatic missions.

Australia has about 110,000 Spanish speakers mostly from Latin America, and 80,000 Tagalog speakers, so it's not that strange.

Maybe TPang will make statue colonial building.

I wonder if there are any resources that could appear only in Snow, to make it sometimes more tempting to settle.

Walruses. Actually.

Also possibly Diamonds, which are found in Canada's Northern Reaches as well as in places like deep Africa.

I took those photos at the Ibero-American plaza. When I was on my way to this event, (on my way to support Wellington Phoenix in the A-League) there was at least 20 or so Filipinos around the Rizal statue taking pictures. They asked me "are you familiar with Doctor Rizal?". I explained I was part Filipino, and we had a pretty decently long conversation.

It turns out that they all knew my grandfather, who in Australia is a rather well known Filipino doctor that serviced the Filipino community.

This is not an uncommon occurance. In Sydney, whilst this may be anecdotal evidence - there are a lot of Filipino citizens of significant importance to Australian society.

I think the 80,000+ or so people appreciate a statue in Sydney. I also assume that the people in Sydney may also appreciate a statue of Benito Juarez.

Regardless, I love statues - especially of great leaders from abroad, and since Australian culture is made up primarily from those abroad, I think these statues are not unwelcome.

Now begins the search for the Henry Parkes statue in Sydney!

double post

I literally just realized that Chapultepec has nothing to do with Faith, so instead of +1 Faith per defensive building, it should be +1 Culture from defensive buildings. Dunno why it just hit me, though lol

Kinda too similar to Newschwanstein though, I'd say it should have an effect more similar to La Alhambra, it was the Location of the Colegio Militar after all, so it'd make sense if it gave extra experience or an unique Promotion to units trained in the city.
Then it could have slots for great works of art too to reflect its current use as a Museum.

2badass5me

Spoiler :

For a second I thought it was Pedro, but then I realized, duh, it's Australia. :blush:

Now everyone shall have the time to listen to his fine poetry... ;)

I took those photos at the Ibero-American plaza. When I was on my way to this event, (on my way to support Wellington Phoenix in the A-League) there was at least 20 or so Filipinos around the Rizal statue taking pictures. They asked me "are you familiar with Doctor Rizal?". I explained I was part Filipino, and we had a pretty decently long conversation.

It turns out that they all knew my grandfather, who in Australia is a rather well known Filipino doctor that serviced the Filipino community.

This is not an uncommon occurance. In Sydney, whilst this may be anecdotal evidence - there are a lot of Filipino citizens of significant importance to Australian society.

I think the 80,000+ or so people appreciate a statue in Sydney. I also assume that the people in Sydney may also appreciate a statue of Benito Juarez.

Regardless, I love statues - especially of great leaders from abroad, and since Australian culture is made up primarily from those abroad, I think these statues are not unwelcome.

Now begins the search for the Henry Parkes statue in Sydney!

Nice find with the Rizal bust in Sydney!

There even a Rizal statue in Madrid, ironically enough. Apparently, that one is an exact replica of the Rizal Monument in Manila.

Hey guys, we're getting very close to releasing the Cree (and Afghanistan!)

At this point, (and as a bit of a teaser,) I'd like to spend some time thanking people!
The Cree has almost been a year in process, and so if your name should be in this list and it's not, please let us know because we don't want to leave anyone out!

TPangolin for carrying the torch and vision for Colonialist Legacies, for his excellent PR/hype train, design ideas (like dynamic city naming,) Icons, and Cree Nation Icon work!
Me for my coding and design ideas.
reedstilt for giving us long lists of city names (over 100!) for design ideas and for catching any cultural faux pas before we can release them (or soon after)
Leugi for design ideas and technical know-how (especially for the Gunstock Warriors!) and also for 3d models and especially for our gorgeous and impressive 2d leader art.
Sukritact for his amazing help guiding me through his Events & Decisions and Modular City Information Stack mods, without which this mod would be too confusing to play. Also thanks for his enthusiasm and Cree Nation icon work.
SuperWaffle247 for drafting the Cree Civilopedia entries.... looong ago. He may not even remember.
JFD for answering annoying questions about Lua and in-game functionality. Without him, we'd probably have had to settle for a much simpler mod. (It's all your fault, JFD!) Also, JFD has a much better in game diplomacy script set than we do.... so we used his.
LastSword: This mod has gone through a lot of different processes and one of those was me learning anything about Lua. LastSword has been instrumental in that process.
JFD, Leugi, Sukritact, Tomatekh, Pouakai: whenever I'm stuck, I look at your mods. You guys are an inspiration and a resource!

Again, if anyone is missing from this list, let us know! We've got a lot of credit to give. Thank you all so much, this would not have happened without you.

Thank you sir. I learned a lot doing those Pedias. Looking forward to release!

For Colonial Buildings - how about Statue of {GreatPersonType} that increases points toward that kind of great person in that city? Instead of Statue of Great Person, though, let each civ name it after some famous GP from their civ, even if it's not a name used by the game.
So Portugal could build a Statue of Vasco da Gama to get Great Admiral points, while England builds a Statue of Wellington to get Great General points.

Or you could unlock them based on Policy Trees :)

Yep. So x policies adopted in Honor would give you the option to build Statue of X (which gives GG points).

Top Bottom