Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I don't think we've ever actually made a civ just for the Battle Royale. We have prioritized civs due to the Battle Royale, though.
Which works out in my favour because all the blind spots are where the super cool cultures are, and I can't play a civ unless I'm intrigued by the culture as well!

I sorta like more the design I made for Pinochet's Chile than the one I made for Allende... but don't tell anyone I said that... :scared:

I kind of agree with you there - I think that part of the issue is that whilst I love the simplicity of Allende's UA, and what it represents - it really feels lacking in some light. I'm not sure if it just needs an addition, or to be reworked, that's just what sticks out to me.

I, uh, I still don't think we're gonna do a Chile any time soon/whatsoever :/

I guess the discussion has sort of run away with the thread, apologies for that.

So, erm, what do we do when not discussing alternate Chilean civs in this here? Something to do with the Murri right? :p

I guess the discussion has sort of run away with the thread, apologies for that.

So, erm, what do we do when not discussing alternate Chilean civs in this here? Something to do with the Murri right? :p

Oh my god yes the Murri are so cool man they're gonna expand sooo much the world will be covered in green it'll be beautiful

So are the Anangu still a planned civ? IIRC they had a pretty fleshed out design with both uniques - it's interesting that the Yolgnu would be ahead of them in development given that the latter's design is supposedly still in flux.

So are the Anangu still a planned civ? IIRC they had a pretty fleshed out design with both uniques - it's interesting that the Yolgnu would be ahead of them in development given that the latter's design is supposedly still in flux.

Some of us at CL are pretty passionate about the Yolngu. Very passionate. A bit TOO passionate, if you catch my drift. Hence why the design is still in flux :/
In my opinion, patriotism only ever makes designs worse.

To tangent slightly - we just need Decisions for Nigeria before we release them. Before I go ahead and design them - are there any special requests for inclusions?

(And yes, something regarding the 419 scams will be referenced within Events).

Neirei - I'm running your Wonder Randomizer, but it doesn't seem to have any affect with the wonders installed from City-State Diplomacy. The Roman Forum is visible under Mathematics, but I don't see any Firaxis wonders removed from any Classical tech. Am I misunderstanding how this should work?

My idea at the moment is:

Comission a new Capital

Player must be Nigeria
Must have knowledge about every civ in the game (or even meet every civ in the game).
May only be enacted at Atomic Era
May only be enacted once per game
Must be happy.

Costs: 2 Magistrate
5000 Gold
-500 for every Great Engineer, Merchant or DoF

Reward: In the center of your empire appears a completly new Capital. This new capital gets every building which you can build and 15 citizens.

____

My second Idea is something like the "international Games" from the world congress could be started with this decision. The winner of this project could gain a ton of influence in Nigeria like a DoF, which will last over the whole game and some great peoples or gold.

Soo that means Nigeria gots a new awesome city and another civ a new best nigerian buddy.

Neirei - I'm running your Wonder Randomizer, but it doesn't seem to have any affect with the wonders installed from City-State Diplomacy. The Roman Forum is visible under Mathematics, but I don't see any Firaxis wonders removed from any Classical tech. Am I misunderstanding how this should work?

I'd need a bit more information: Are you running with more Classical wonders than the Firaxis ones?
Also, I'm not sure how CSD adds its wonders. If they're associated with Policies, then the won't be removed.

What about a decision relating to the Nigerian film industry? They are one of the biggest film producers in the world (From what I've read). Not sure what the specifics could be, though.

What about a decision relating to the Nigerian film industry? They are one of the biggest film producers in the world (From what I've read). Not sure what the specifics could be, though.

Yes!!

Yeah, film industry would be a good choice. Another, more complex idea might be some way to represent the transition from an illiberal military dictatorship to today's democracy. Finally, a source of ideas might lie in the tensions between the three major ethnic groups which AFAIK is not present in the main design as is.

I'd need a bit more information: Are you running with more Classical wonders than the Firaxis ones?
Also, I'm not sure how CSD adds its wonders. If they're associated with Policies, then the won't be removed.

The only wonders I have right now are from Firaxis and CSD. To my knowledge, they don't require any policies to build.

lol can't wait for the Nigerian prince scams

OK, I have an interesting bug:
after installing your anishinaabe civ, all my games with other civs still let me buy a Midew instead of an Inquisitor.
Annoyed by this, I disinstalled your mod, cleared the cache, verified the integrity via steam, but in my games now I can't buy an Inquisitor at all, either a Midew.
Is that a known bug, or something?

This bug at the moment is purely graphical - if you purchase the Midew, it will automatically become an Inquisitor.

Top Bottom