Colonization: All MODs crash on loading

mastalouist

Chieftain
Hello all,

I could use some help! I've been trying to get a number of mods to run in Colonization, but each ends in a CTD when I attempt to start a new game (the game runs perfectly without the mods). I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and this is the Steam copy of the game.

I tried it with version 1.0 (steam doesn't recognize that there have been any other patches, and the update checker in-game doesn't detect any updates either).

I installed Dale's no-installer 1.01f (was that it?) patch, as the "official" installer doesn't detect Colonization.

I've tried placing the mods both in the /My Games/.../Mods directory.

I've tried creating and using a Mods directory with /Steam/etc.../ install directory.

Mods tried: AoD2, Modular United Mods, Colonization 2071... and a few minor mods...

In all cases I can load the mod in-game, and can go through all the steps of creating a new map with all the mod options, but every time I try to actually create the game, I get a CTD.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks for any help,

Louist

... as the "official" installer doesn't detect Colonization.

Never heard of that problem. :dunno:

But that is probably the reason why the mods don't work.
I guess, if you get the official Patch 1.01f installed properly, the mods will work, too.

Well, from my searching about the internets I've found that it's a fairly common problem for anyone using online distributions. Which, I wager, is why Dale created the non-installer version of the patch. There's not much I can do to get the official installer to work if it absolutely refuses to acknowledge my install of the game.

Oh well :(

You can get the Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Ultimate for about 5 Euros (used) or 8 Euros (new).
Simply get the DVD-Version and your problems should be solved. ;)

You can get the Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Ultimate for about 5 Euros (used) or 8 Euros (new).
Simply get the DVD-Version and your problems should be solved. ;)

Yeah, in my case I paid $19.99 for a legitimate download edition from a reputable online store. Can't update.

Does anyone have the link to the no-install updater? every link I find on this site or elsewhere on internet is dead. I'd be much obliged.

windows ten, 64gigs of memory, nvidia 1080 ti card -- i have the original disk, and loading a mod crashes me to desktop just as it does the thread's author. this is only happening now, with the windows ten install.

Dear all,
first - to all mods (TAC; RR) I've played (a time ago :cry: ) an the Modders behind: Great work!
But now - second: Since two years I' tried several times to play a mod (TAC; RR dif. versions; WTP) - and everytime during startig a game I have problems:

first (new when starting the generall game - thats new; I installed COL) during the week again after a long time) Please see FEHLERMELDUNG-01

teh main problem since longer time: please see FEHLERMELDUNG-02

Maybe someone has any idea and could help me?!
... I would like to have a look into WTP...

Greetings from Potsdam, Germany
Dino

Attachments

• FEHLERMELDUNG-01.jpg
    FEHLERMELDUNG-01.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 267
  • FEHLERMELDUNG-02.jpg
    FEHLERMELDUNG-02.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 247
Top Bottom