Community Deity Game #1 - Persia

It depends on the AI tech level, if they're in information era with 250 def cities, you won't be able to take with XCOM alone. Also plastics is the safer route, as it offers you more late game tech choices.

Apparently, you need vision of the cities to start dropping XCOM's, and I had a lot more scientists that I needed. While I am able to take cities, the AI's are not signing peace and fiercely fighting back. I don't think it's exactly a "rush" anymore. Perhaps, given all of my scientists, I should have just nuked them down before attacking. Unfortunately, there is only 1 cs with 2 uranium sources on the map, and no one is selling it. But I think I will reload and go the nuclear weapons route. Gandhi already had 2 spaceship parts by t230.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 195
Actually, I looked up nuclear missiles, and their range is only.. 12? And how much damage do they do? I am thinking of reloading and bulbing Stealth go get Stealth bombers, which at least will allow me to take 4-5 caps without committing too many XCOM's.

In Civ3, Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM) had global range.

The idea is that you can put nuclear missiles on nuclear subs, I was pretty sure you can reach every AI capital this way. Stealth bombers also work, you just need a spy in capital to get vision.

From my many failed attempts, I have plenty of experience with some of the nuance! Yes, unlike nukes, XCOM need sight to drop into a city. As other pointed out, spy or sub (which maybe launched the nuke) can provide that.
Perhaps, given all of my scientists, I should have just nuked them down before attacking.

I find I need to drop 2x nuke missiles plus 6 XCOM per cap -- to take it in one turns. It is quite the investment. This is assuming tech parity, raw XCOM with two promotions, and that the AI civ does not bomb shelters (which they probably do not).

First nuke reduces the city to half strength -- which seems like it should be enough for the 6 XCOM to cap on the next turn -- but that is not how it works for me, because the city recovers pretty well between turns and the XCOM cannot attack on the turn they land. Plus you will lose 1 XCOM to the city attack.

Two nukes and the city will be at about quarter strength and still in the red at the start of the next turn. So five XCOM can take it no problem. If the city has an airport, the next turn you evac out all wounded XCOM, and airlift in up to seven fresh Mobile SAMs or Rocket Arty or whatever, so the city is yours to keep.

Also worth mentioning is that the AI loves to react by nuking the city you just took from them. So units you airlift in, need to start moving ASAP, put 2 hexes between them and the city. Hold off on moving in air units until you have a Bomb Shelter.

or nuke their cities with nukes using multiple nukes to nuke them before they nuke your nukes :lol:

A. Keep 10 Immortals alive to the turn of victory. You can upgrade them, obviously. - 3 pts.
Yes.Never had the option to upgrade other than Lancers so I parked them in my cities
B. Raze 15 cities throughout the whole game - 2 pts.
I razed a lot did not keep track .
Toward the end of the game I resurrected Monty and kept giving him the cities I was conquesting to avoid unhappiness
C. Enjoy 100+ turns of Golden Age across the game - 3 pts.
Did not keep track of it but the GA was awsome with my artillery
D. Win a DomV without ever having built trained (including bought) a ranged unit. - 5 pts.
Yes .Also the end I bought some planes and afterward realized I had no way to bring them to the front
E. Finish with a (base) points score of over 3000 - 3 pts.
Nope came short
I plaid by Pedroe's book
3 cities
liberty opener then Honor tree ,commerce then autocracy.
Started stealing workers from Egypt ,started war till i wiped him out so I had free renes to go after Russia that was running fast on top of everybody.
Everyone but ~Monty DOWed me as he was already waring with everybody else.
Happiness was a Yoyo aas I was back in culture when I got to the tenets
Finished the game with artillery Landship and Great Waar infantery
Great game
Thanks

Attachments

• persiaa1.jpg
    persiaa1.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 162
  • persia3.jpg
    persia3.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 132
No achievements, but it was a nice Blitzkrieg with op stealth bombers and some XCOMS. And thanks to AI always accepting white peace. :lol: It was the briefest domination war I fought. :king:

Attachments

• dario.jpg
    dario.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 205
I think I finally figured out how to download mods on my Mac, so I'm going to continue working my way through the older challenges in this series (I'll be finishing up the Spain game sometime soon, but the end-game warfare is so time-consuming I need to find a 4 hour window to concentrate). This will be my first time using EUI, and I'm really looking forward to the additional info that some of you have been flaunting in my face for more than a year.

I think I finally figured out how to download mods on my Mac, so I'm going to continue working my way through the older challenges in this series (I'll be finishing up the Spain game sometime soon, but the end-game warfare is so time-consuming I need to find a 4 hour window to concentrate). This will be my first time using EUI, and I'm really looking forward to the additional info that some of you have been flaunting in my face for more than a year.

I am fairly certain that EUI is the only reason I can win on Deity. I never thought a simple rearrangement of where things are on the screen would help so much! Good luck, and I hope all the mods work out since this map was really nice.

Good luck, and I hope all the mods work out since this map was really nice.

"Really nice" looks to be a bit of an understatement.

Spoiler :

25 turns in and I've stolen 2 workers, was 1st to find El Dorado (immediate settler purchase to try to grab the faith Wonder), founded DF, and anyone who has ever read one of my write-ups KNOWS I'm suiciding for Petra. I think I'll make it a hard build and save the Liberty GE for Chichen Itza for endless happy hour (my term for a Golden Age). This probably eliminates the goal of 10 Immortals, but Say La Vee.

Spoiler :

I got Petra in my 3rd city on turn 95 or something. It was a real game changer

Spoiler :

I got Petra in my 3rd city on turn 95 or something. It was a real game changer

Spoiler :

Petra usually is a game changer. Any time I see the lovely sight of glistening white desert sand i start figuring out how I'm going to get it. The extra trade route is very underrated. My biggest peeve with this game is that you sometimes need the extra trade route to pay for the desert tiles you have to buy because the game isn't smart enough to realize the extra value those tiles have once the Wonder is built (same complaint with Incan Terrace Farm tiles). But I digress......I am a Petra-wh*re after all.

Good to know it went on t95. I won't change my strategy of beelining and hard building it (I want to save the GE for Chichen Itza if I can), but it's nice to know that there isn't some other desert civ waiting to pluck it one turn before completion. I've rage-quit more over that happening than for any other reason.

Oh
Spoiler :

that just means it MIGHT hold on until T95. Check the write-ups, people saw it gone in the mid 70s

Oh
Spoiler :

that just means it MIGHT hold on until T95. Check the write-ups, people saw it gone in the mid 70s

Spoiler :

I'm up to t82. Hard built Petra t68 and Oracle t82. Sadly, Chichen Itza went in the early 70's (Egypt) so I'm not going to give them peace until I have that Wonder. I've got a GE now just waiting for the right Wonder. 4 cities up and NC by t90. Since Chichen is gone, I may build those 10 immortals if my economy can handle it.

The East part of the map is pretty violent. Brazil got Great Wall and Terracotta Army so they were able to survive Monte's rush. Brazil just volunteered to be victim #2. Cathy and Monte are busy picking on Hiawatha, and I'm hoping he can hold them off so we get some attrition and no runaways.

My Immortals are being given the option of upgrading to Pikemen. Does this mean that the mods aren't working? I'm on a Mac if that impacts anything. Thoughts?

EDIT: I just re-read the OP. "Pikemen upgrade to Musketmen".....so I guess I'll see if mods work when I research Gunpowder.

Top Bottom