Complete list of Steam Achievements

I just popped the '1000 Temples Built' one. This indicates that I've played far too much CiV and I'm an addict.

Either that or you are extremely determined to be top CiV player.

That sounds better than addiction so I'll run with that instead.

;)

Even then it is 334 towns. I did not use the modern age though, just 500+ hours.

Here is my final list of broken or unfathomable achievements.

"Hundred Years War" Another I haven't tried personally but there doesn't seem to be a counter in the log for this.
"Cat Fight"Tried this many times never unlocks.
"Manifest Destiny" tried to get this one a few times never seems to work.
"I Have the Power" Have had many units win 20 fights never unlocked.
"Model of a Modern Major-General"Lancers and lancer replacement UU don't seem to register on the log
All for All Super Brawl Have every Civ declare war on you at the same time.
"Can't We All Just Get Along?"I've done a few games with no wars and never unlocked.
Inconceivable! Lose a Game to someone not on your friend's list.
Six Degrees to Sid
"Diplomat" Ditto
"Knowledge Is Good" haven't tried reports of broken.
"The Elephant Battle" Tried this against different UU never seems to work.
"Tomb Raider" Many times taking over the Egyptians never seems to work.
"War Canoe Attack" Not sure if I've tried this yet or not myself but have read many have and no joy.
"The Paul Murphy Award for Excellence and Attractiveness" log doesn't seem to keep track of civolopedia entries read.
"Panzer "Shafernator" General Spawn over 100 Great Generals, build an army of over 100 standing units, and beat the game 100 times.

The 13 starting with qoutes are all confired as broken. The three others I have no idea what is needed for them, but they are probably broken as well as no one has claimed to have done them.

The other 104 all work.

Or you know that founding a modern age city = three temples.

No, this is all Ancient starts. And my wife is hot too. ;)

Oh, and this is with ~270 hours play. ICS is a horrible, horrible disease. Haha...

You = 500+ hours
Me = Modern era, same achievement, hot fiancee.

Him = Dedicated (maybe excessively so ;) ) player.
You = Bragging (blind? :p ) exploiter...

Me = Lazy, annoying idiot, who hasn't got the achievement yet...

;)

He was not a coding when Civ3 came out as we played together in some Poly games. I think he did work on PTW and for sure Civ4.

The notice was the article he wrote "everything you want to know about corruption" for C3C.

Alexman was employed at Firaxis during Civ4 development, and may have even been one of the leads on BtS, I'm not sure. That achievement seems very weird to say the least. He deserves better than Warlord.

Good to see you post Aeson. I still remember your invasion getting lava dropped on it all those years ago, even more than the so very cold game. Yeah I knew he was involved in IV, but he said he had access to the C3C code for the article on corruption. I guess that could have been after the release.

I just remember some of those old Poly AU games, well not real good on the remembering any more. Do you recall the PTW demo game, what an super invasion that was with the whole thing hinged on a transport sinking a battleship to clear the way.

Some fine work by you and Deepo in that game. It took nearly 2 years to play.

I circumnavigated the globe last night, but didn't get the achievement.

This is bugged and has already been noted at least twice in this tread alone, there is a way to change one of the XML files to fix this but I forget how to do it. Please read a thread before posting in it next time.

This is probably a silly question but.. how do I unlock and access these achievements? This is like PS3 trophies I guess, right? I have certainly done some of them but never seen any pop up or anything of the sort in my games to indicate I did.

You have to be connected to Steam for them to record. If you play offline, they are not marked as achieved.

Ok, thanks. I think I have possibly played online several times but never noticed anything. I assume you are ‘online’ if you have an internet connection, right?

What happens when you are online and fulfill one of the conditions? Is there a pop up or something to signal it?

What if you start offline and then go online?

I realise these must be quite basic questions, apologies.

Online does mean an active internet connection and being logged in to the Steam client. If you are online and get an achievement, there's a small popup that shows briefly at the lower-left of the screen. You can also see the most recent achievement earned on the Steam overlay screen that you can activate via Shift-Tab.

I have no idea on starting offline and then going online but I assume that it wouldn't matter for some achievements (e.g. winning with a certain leader you probably only need to be connected on the turn you win) but probably does matter for those that are counter-based (e.g. the 1000 roads.)

Top Bottom