Conquests Basic Israel Mod

Originally posted by farrakhan
I thought this was a modern MOD. Is there no original map. It has me picking my starting civ as well as the world/temperature/age, and has me starting in 4000 B.C. Perhaps I've misread the threads but I was under the assumption that this was a modern Isreal Mod with a map of the middle east. Perhaps I've misundrestood or havn't placed the proper files in the proper place. On the bright side the problem with Trevor Rabin has been fixed.

This should be intersting, if you take the modern army setting in the middel-east and convert them to civ3, it would be like f-15 vs/ jet fighters, modern armor vs armor, modern infantry vs rifleman or gurialla, missle crusiars vs privateer, about 10 time more GNP economy, its no match at all. Not to mention ICBM(jericho), vs no nuke. and so on...

Luckly, in real life we dont live in civ world.

Originally posted by TheArchon

Ariel Sharom a great Leader :mad:

This lowly gangster, should be in prison with both his sons.

If you want great leaders of modern era, they should be Menaham Begin. David Ben Guion and so on. Next you gonna say Bibi is a great leader...:confused:

áìé ôåìéèé÷ä áá÷ùä

Originally posted by erez87
Markava is built for defense, not attack... so change the mech infantry and give it better attack (and that will be defense+attack).

Sorry dude. The Merkava is probably one of the best MBTs in the world. It is definately an offensive weapon

Originally posted by erez87
Sharon as a great leader (but not THE leader) is just ok!
He led us to many victories at the battlefield.
Bibi (binyamin netanyau) is a VERY rich dude that takes from the poor and give the rich, and mostly himself... You know the regular strong human being... DON'T ADD HIM! he did nothing good.

Ehud Barak as a miliatery great leader can also be added, he did some good miliatery stuff.

And add Izhak rabin, as a SGL and GL as he was a wariar when we needed wariars and a peacemaker when we needed peace...
I know he was assasinated and all that... :(

Need more people? Scientific leader could be einstain... he was a jew, and almost the first president of Israel... lol

Bibi was an officer in the sierat matcal

Well, I can't get it to work.

I have downloaded the version 2.2 file and changed all the files that are included with the old ones.
The new files I just added where I guess they should be (according to your tree structure).

However, when I start a game including the Sumerians I get an error after a couple of turns saying that something is wrong in the pediaIcons.txt file with ANIMNAME_PRTO_Enkidu_Warrior
(I guess it was missing)

After the message, CIV III aborts.

And, yes, I do have Civ III Conquests.

Maybe I just need a guide telling me EXACTLY how I should install the Israeli civ...

/// Kurt

Originally posted by Gogf
No comments on the new version?

Welcome to CFC!

The Sumerians are still included? That's a bug. All you should need to do is unsip the contents of Version 2.2 into your "Scenarios" folder, and then go to "Civ-Content" and then "Basic Israel." If you want to make it your default game, then I believe that is where the problem lies. I'll try to get it to work. I hope to have a 2.3 out by the end of the next week (next friday). I'll probably get it done this weekend though :). Thanks for your responses.

Also, in light of overpowering it, I'm removing the "ignores all terrain penlties" from the Merkavah 4. One extra HP on the best unit in the game is enough to make a good UU, IMO. Any one else have an opinion on this?

Thanks !

It works now.
I just didn't know that I should use "Civ-Content".
I tried by starting a new standard game.

/// Kurt

Originally posted by Gogf
Welcome to CFC!

The Sumerians are still included? That's a bug. All you should need to do is unsip the contents of Version 2.2 into your "Scenarios" folder, and then go to "Civ-Content" and then "Basic Israel." If you want to make it your default game, then I believe that is where the problem lies. I'll try to get it to work. I hope to have a 2.3 out by the end of the next week (next friday). I'll probably get it done this weekend though :). Thanks for your responses.

Also, in light of overpowering it, I'm removing the "ignores all terrain penlties" from the Merkavah 4. One extra HP on the best unit in the game is enough to make a good UU, IMO. Any one else have an opinion on this?

Oh, okay :). BTW, I'm setting up a "PMing list," of people who want to know of updates via PM. Anyone want to sing up?

Current Members:
None

Bibi is a crook but his brother, Yoni Netanyahu the hero of the Entebbe rescue operation, definitely deserves to MGL status.

==Need more people? Scientific leader could be einstain... he was a jew, and almost the first president of Israel... lol ==

Einstein should be a GSL for America, or if you're feeling sarcastic, Germany. (I don't have Conquests yet, but I would assume he's an American GSL?) Young David ben Gurion for a GML, and Old David Ben Gurion for a GSL?

The mod still bugged, it kicked me out at the start of the game because of a missing file. That i cant recall its name now(I've got no time to play).

But anyway, when i pick a civ, its never for its unique units or who is the civ, but for its trait, i prefer india for religion and commercial.

Originally posted by Praetorian

Sorry dude. The Merkava is probably one of the best MBTs in the world. It is definately an offensive weapon

It is offensive, but mostly because of its greater speed, that also gives him great defensive capability.

You should know thou, that the US M-2 tank, got more armor then the Merkava.

Originally posted by a4phantom
==Need more people? Scientific leader could be einstain... he was a jew, and almost the first president of Israel... lol ==

Einstein should be a GSL for America, or if you're feeling sarcastic, Germany. (I don't have Conquests yet, but I would assume he's an American GSL?) Young David ben Gurion for a GML, and Old David Ben Gurion for a GSL?

@The Archon: once you get a chance, can you tell me which? I don't have time to test it right now. Thanks :).

I Have another suggestion...

How about other uu ???

I think that the thing which mostly gives the Israelies Edge is
their Airforce...!!!!

As seen at off of theirs wars...
As seen by the percentage of budget it gets...

I think that they should get some kind of new place maybe (F-16 or Lavi ???) which would have better Air supperority strength, general & bombarment attack strength, range & defence.

They should get it instead of jets.

Tell me what do u think ???

:crazyeye:

Thanks for the link. Not done reading it yet... but on the LAVI, in Civ3, fighters are vastly underpowered, and IMO, a fighter UU would drastically underpower Israel. Is there any way you can think of to make it sort of powerful as an air unit? If you can, I'll definately consider it!

The one problem with using Israel as a civ, is their units have been better than the standard in many fields since 1948 :crazyeye:.

quot from the link above :
"With the objective of reducing the development time to a minimum, it was adopted a philosophy of "telescopic development" process. This method is characterized by the start of serial production, based on prototypes, before completion of all development and demonstration stages. So, the last development stages were happening as the production process itself was going on"
Maybe instead of all these things we should lower shield cost for merkava? Lets say that a strong modern city could make it in 1 turn? 90 shields or so?

Top Bottom