Contact info.

Hey all, I did set up an msn account, same as my email, I'll find you on there.

Certainly, if anything major comes out of a discussion then it will (and have) end up on the board. Much of what's been posted in the Starting Location thread went a loop thorough an IM discussion before (or in some cases after) being posted, for instance.

If there are major discussions on IM, could someone post an edited/summarized log of the chat so those of us who can't be on can see whats going on?

We are mostly posting summaries of all major decisions on the boards anyways... It is not like things are actually progressing that rapidly (yet) anyways...

How come you can't get msn though? It is free to download http://get.live.com/messenger/overview here or you can just use webmessenger without downloading anything http://webmessenger.msn.com/ , though that doesn't support group chat.

Ooh, we got Methos too? This is really getting promising!

@Methos: Welcome, please take a peek in the "Your first stop in Team 4!" thread aswell. Glad to have you here.

Would anyone be interested in using Skype instead of msn. I just feel chatting on msn is often annoying. My Skype name is fokko.van.de.bult and I could be online mostly 6-10pm Pacific Time, i.e 2-6am GMT.

We are 15 people on msn so getting one to switch to msn instead of 15 to switch to skype would be easier don't you think?

Dear Oyzar, as I said Skype is better for me (I find typing is a lousy way of communicating; that is really much less good than real talking, moreover I have skype installed and setup anyway). I would not really mind installing msn, except that I read that people are online at times when I'm not, so unless we get a US crowd doing conversations as well I don't really see the point. And then, even if people in the US talk up, we don't have to use the same program used for the discussions in Europe, do we?

Not that I want to not talk to you or something, but I just don't see it happening (unless you have nightshifts that is).
So you may say there are 15 people on MSN, but I'm counting just 3 in the USA (and none other close in timezone to the US), and they are the ones talking about what to do when they can't participate in the talks.
Off course anyone can use any program they want, and I just figured in the thread "contact information" I could post information with which one can contact me ;-).

They do stay up late, sometimes 5-6 PM my time, sometimes longer (getting oyzar specific here). You could always catch them on the weekends, if you got nothing better to do in the early afternoon.

Voice chat is more efficient for direct communication yes, but text chat is much more efficient for casual communication, for several reasons. It allows people to leave the computer for shorter or longer periods, and come back and read up what has been said. It also makes parallel communication with and between many people a lot easier, 15 people in a voice chat would be outright chaotic. I've used skype for gaming sessions with up to 6 people without a problem, but when you start going above that it gets messy. You can also log the chats and read back on prominent parts of the discussion, which makes it easier to relate back to the board. Plus, the virtues of text chat aside, voice chat isn't work safe, nor family safe, since you're to some extent cutting yourself off from your surroundings. Voice chat is great when it's great, for instance I use Skype a lot for work to communicate with my supervisor in particular. But it's certainly not better than text in all cases.

Also like slaze says, a lot of us Europeans are night owls anyway. I seldom go to bed before 2 AM, which would be 5 PM in California.

For the record I have 6 different IM clients installed on this machine, so if anyone feels like using something else then I probably have it :p. Though MSN is my definite favorite.

Also like slaze says, a lot of us Europeans are night owls anyway. I seldom go to bed before 2 AM, which would be 5 PM in California.

Yeah, we seem to not sleep a lot in general... but anyway, I will also add that written format is easier for some people not totally fluent in english :mischief:
Still, i hope we can see each other on msn soon ;)

I prefer msn. I have a Skype though, mostly because I had to use it for guesting Polycast. I have no mike for it, so I am limited to texting over Skype aswell...

I prefer msn. I have a Skype though, mostly because I had to use it for guesting Polycast.

Same with me. I have Skype for Polycast, but that's about it. I don't even have it running anymore, just turn it on when I'm a guest co-host. Granted, since I turned it off, I haven't been getting the last minute (want to co-host) questions. :lol:

Well I caved it and installed MSN. Now you all have a moral obligation to be online at 6pm my time (i.e. 3am CET) ;-). Because, unless I don't have any plans in the weekend, I can't be online earlier.

The address is Celebithil@hotmail.com. I don't use this for email, so pm me instead.

Top Bottom