Continent of remaining Civ?

What continent should the remaining Civ be from?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually hoping for Italy as an alternative to Rome.
Portugal is also a civ I would like to see.

So Europe, which is not a poll option.

I'm actually hoping for Italy as an alternative to Rome.
Portugal is also a civ I would like to see.

So Europe, which is not a poll option.

That is what "Other" is for. But adding Italy would be ridiculous.

I'm going to say either a European civ, for the two scenarios that are quite Eurocentric (Steampunk one and the Renaissance one), or Zulu, because people will always love to have them back (some definitely won't though).

I'm still holding out for Brazil, solely because of the fact that South America is sorely underrepresented in a modern sense.

Europe, sweden. This because one of the scenarios will take place during the protestant reformation (according to the latest Ed Beach interview) which the 30 year war was a huge part of and sweden was a very important part of that war. This does not guarantee in any way that sweden will be the last civ but I would be very surprised if they was not in the scenario.

That is what "Other" is for. But adding Italy would be ridiculous.

Why? Italy isn't represented at all by Rome and the Byzantines (eastern rome) overlap with the ottomans.
And if overlapping is the problem, then we also shouldn't have England, SPain, France, Greece, Carthage or Egypt because they all were part of Rome.

I think their is every logic behind (eventually) adding italy.

Why? Italy isn't represented at all by Rome and the Byzantines (eastern rome) overlap with the ottomans.
And if overlapping is the problem, then we also shouldn't have England, SPain, France, Greece, Carthage or Egypt because they all were part of Rome.

Adding Italy would be like adding The Holy Roman Empire, or East Germany or South Korea

Leave Italy for mods or even for a remote expansion,which would be named "Reincarnations of our favorite Ancient Civs",which would also contain Iraq with Saddam Husseim to represent Babylon and Iran with Ruhollah Khomeini to represent Persia,among with other guests .

I agree that Africa is most deserving of a new civ. I think that it is completely underrepresented in civ. America is represented enough in my opinioon.

The civ Id like to see most added is Australia. I suppose you could make the argument that Polynesia is part of Oceania. That means that the Oceania regions is the least represented of the world's regions.

There's a reason they've been holding out on this specific 9th one, right? Got to be a weird and/or 'new' one.

There's a reason they've been holding out on this specific 9th one, right? Got to be a weird and/or 'new' one.

Brazil fits perfectly in this category . Right now,The USA is the only Civilization in Civ series who has been founded in renaissance era and got Independence in Industrial era and also they are the only post colonial civilization as well . Breaking this tradition would be too shocking for some people,as I could notice lately .
But some of you would wonder that if Brazil falls in the same category of USA,then they would have only Presidents to represent them and the name of the expansion is Gods and Kings and because of the "Kings" in the expansion,their inclusion would be a mistake . But the best leader to represent Brazil is a Monarch with the title of Emperor .

Brazil fits perfectly in this category . Right now,The USA is the only Civilization in Civ series who has been founded in renaissance era and got Independence in Industrial era and also they are the only post colonial civilization as well . Breaking this tradition would be too shocking for some people,as I could notice lately .
But some of you would wonder that if Brazil falls in the same category of USA,then they would have only Presidents to represent them and the name of the expansion is Gods and Kings and because of the "Kings" in the expansion,their inclusion would be a mistake . But the best leader to represent Brazil is a Monarch with the title of Emperor .

Yeah, I'm starting to come around on it possibly being Brazil as well (or the dark horse, Inuit). See, Zulu would not fit the weird/new definition and I think will be a DLC. If the 9th is revealed as Zulu I'll kind of wonder why they were holding out revealing that one. Huns would certainly have been one to keep under wraps, but Atilla's on the box so that cat had to come out of the bag. I could see why they held out revealing Brazil, though.

The Kings in Gods & Kings is a reference to the Renaissance scenario according to Ed Beach. Whether or not a leader will be a King is irrelevant to the analysis. We have two Queens, two Empresses, and a Stadtholder.

ETA:
Maria Theresa - Empress
Theodora - Empress
Dido - Queen
Boudicca - Queen
Haile Selassie - Emperor
Attila - King
Pacal - Ajaw (King)
Willem - Stadtholder

I say it's Gustavus Adoplhus of Sweden, a real king and an innovator and goes smoothly into the Renaissance scenario.

If it's him, some people will go "too many europeans" but I don't care, besides I don't think Celts and Austrians have anything in common, even though you could say they are europeans.

Adding Italy would be like adding The Holy Roman Empire, or East Germany or South Korea

It was a colonial power, it fought alongside Germany in both world wars and was a founding member of the EU the worlds largest economic bloc. No-one gives italy their due credit.

Not that there aren't better candidates, but Italy has every right to it's own civ rather than being represented by a people from 2 millenia before that spoke a different language.

I think it's more liekly we'll get an Asian or African civ in the final slot though.

Looks like the 12% of the people who voted "Other" in this poll will be happy. The other 88% of the people are going to be upset, and I think for good reason.

Shows what a fool I am that I didn't even bother including "Europe" in the poll because I thought it was so far fetched to have yet another European civ, so I just put them under "Other."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom