Continent of remaining Civ?

What continent should the remaining Civ be from?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's Portugal (hence the ;) ), I just think the pants look Portuguese.

It was a colonial power, it fought alongside Germany in both world wars and was a founding member of the EU the worlds largest economic bloc. No-one gives italy their due credit.

Not that there aren't better candidates, but Italy has every right to it's own civ rather than being represented by a people from 2 millenia before that spoke a different language.

But we aren't going to have 2 civs with the same capital.

Well, at least not while they have the same name

The addition makes perfect sense though.

FWIW, the poll question wasn't which continent it will be, it was "should" be. I believe I stated somewhere that Europe had a decent odds in the "will" category.

Looks like the 12% of the people who voted "Other" in this poll will be happy. The other 88% of the people are going to be upset, and I think for good reason.

What are you talking about?
The poll was simply wrong, it isn't really representativ this way
A lot of people didn't even vote, because there was no option for Europe
Actually I'm sure if Europe was an option, it would have got at least as many votes as Africa or the most popular contitents in the current poll

EDIT: And just to be clear, I was hoping for Kongo
Nevertheless it was a huge mistake to leave Europe out of the poll...

Actually I'm sure if Europe was an option, it would have got at least as many votes as Africa or the most popular contitents in the current poll

"Other" represented Europe. That was pretty clear by the way the poll was set up. There were four options: 1. Africa. 2. Americas. 3. Asia. 4. Other. Anyone with a brain could figure out that Other represents continents that are not one of those three, but considering the poll was for "what civilization SHOULD be in the game?" I didn't think it was necessary to include Europe, since I didn't think many people believed they were most deserving to be in the game.

Based on the results, with "Other" representing Europe and Australia, receiving 29 out of 226 votes (which is a good amount of votes for this forum), I think it's fair to say that most people did not believe Europe was the most deserving continent to be added to the game. If I added Eurpoe and Australia separately, Europe probably would have gotten less than 12% since I'm sure some of those "Other" votes were for Australia or the Aborigines.

Perhaps I should've included Europe and Australia separately to show how few people believed Europe were the most deserving civ in the game. I don't think the fact that Europe was part of "Other" diminishes the poll's results because "Other" clearly represents, well, the other two continents not included in the poll, and I believe anyone who is intelligent enough to play Civ is also intelligent enough to figure out how to read a simple poll.

Also: it's an open poll, so I can see you voted for "Other." You were smart enough to figure out what "Other" represented, and I think we can assume most people could figure that out.

Why you wanted the Kongo, but believed "Other" deserved to be included the most, I don't quite understand, but that's none of my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom