COTM106 Mongols - Final Spoiler - Game submitted or abandoned.

it is! however, in Austria typically you will find HEAVY TRAFFIC in both. :D
t_x

So, yes, the culture victory limit should be 80,000 for this size map, and yes, it is 100,000 for this game. It has in fact been wrong for every COTM that was not played on a standard size map.

While looking for something else, I accidentally stumbled across my old COTM spoilers and noticed that it must have worked correctly at some point in the past: in COTM58 I reached an 80K culture victory in 1465 AD. (The final save file should still be on record, so you can take a look if you want to.)

Older games used the standard, default BIQ. MB has changed the BIQ to remove settlers from huts. This has created a custom scenario, and I suspect the 100K requirement becomes locked when you create a custom scenario.

Yes, that might be an explanation.
(Should I now look in the CAII archive for the first auto-save where I overstepped 80K...? :mischief:)

PS: I went back to COTM 97 (which I think was the first game played with mad-bax' modified .biq?), and there have been exactly 6 submissions that got affected by this bug:
COTM 97 (Large), cerajo, 100K in 1745 AD
COTM 97 (Large), Garvarg, 100K 1816 AD
COTM 99 (Small), The Professor, 100K in 1840 AD
COTM 102 (Small), Kuningas, 100K in 1395 AD
COTM 104 (Large), The Professor, 100K in 1660 AD
COTM 106 (Small), Lanzelot, 100K in 1255 AD

(The other games either were a Standard size map, or did not have a 100K submission.
I'm not sure, what ignas refers to here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13074393&postcount=15, because the last China COTM was a very long time ago: COTM 73, and it was a Standard size map?!? :confused:)

I guess, it would not be fair to retrospectively adjust the dates and scores of the people who played a Large 100K, and it wouldn't have much influence on the standings anyway, but perhaps we can at least adjust the dates/scores for the three games played on Small?

... but perhaps we can at least adjust the dates/scores for the three games played on Small?

I do hope you are joking? :mischief: emoticon should have been here. :)

Well, it's allowed to dream isn't it...

Especially as 1255 AD is nothing special, while 1130 AD may even allow my 100K(80K) game to compete with the Domination/Conquests games...

could we also start to dream of the results for this game? ;)
t_x

I'm sorry this is late. I have been very busy over the last couple of weeks. I'll try to get to it before the end of the week.

no worries at all. just thought it would be a fitting wish after Lanzelot´s demand to recalculate the results of the last 10 years... :D
t_x

I haven't had time to post a thread yet, but I have published the results.
Perhaps Lanzelot will stop moaning about the 100K issue now. ;)

thanks.

but there you have it! this Jason scoring model is totally imbalanced! it illegitimately prefers Lanzelot´s 100k-victory, even though it happened 1500 years after my conquest! we need to re-evaluate everything now! :gripe::nya::ack:

:D

very nice results by the first 4 in my eyes...

t_x

Thanks a lot. And don't worry: real life of course has priority. This is only a hobby.
(Or as I use to say: "Civ is not a matter of life and death to me -- it's much more important than that..." :D)

Perhaps Lanzelot will stop moaning about the 100K issue now. ;)
Me? Never...! That bug spoiled a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get a 12K score from a 100K game. :gripe:

But seriously: when I noticed the 11977 score on submission, I was 100% conviced, that a well-played Con/Dom game on this map would score 12K. I'm very surprised, that templar's excellent 150 BC date scored lower?! :confused:

Perhaps the "problem" is like this: whereas I was quite late with my commencement of military action (due to having to invest 500 shields into Artemis), templar attacked "too early"... :crazyeye: What I mean is: The AI was rolled over so early that it didn't have enough time to develop a bit and settle some land... So templar_x captured only very little territory/population, which in turn resulted in a lower score?! :think:

very nice results by the first 4 in my eyes...

In particular, I'm most impressed by Kuningas' space ship victory in only 8 hours!! :eek: How on earth did you do that? It was a very good date, so must have been played very well. I don't get it, how you can do some detailed planning, some warfare, some trading and the research of 4 full ages in only 8 hours?? :confused:

Top Bottom