Crazy DOWs

Guru-Meditation

Warlord
Hello,

i am Playing the newest verison of the Magister Modmod, which has its AI from here, and i have encountered some crazy DOWs since testing out Magister Modmod.

The April 16 version is based on Tholal's More Naval AI v2.7Beta4 and Platyping's Worldbuilder v4.17b.

I am on my 2nd game with the newest mod, and i have been getting a lot of random DOWs lately.

At first it was just a feeling that a DOW came out of the blue, but now i am quite sure that something strange is going on.

Some DOWs i could source to a civ being bribed into war (by the explicit message), a civ not liking me, or even being a backstabbing bastard warmonger (perhaps). But more and more were right out of the blue. Good relations, no obvious warreason. Not even a leader popup where he tells me to die in a ditch or so. Just a "XY has declared war on you."

I know that something strange is going on. For example their armies are not in place for a strike but took one or two turn to reach my border, and some workers are still happily bulding farms right at my border when it is my turn.

For example the last one because of which i am writing this post was by Lanun's Falamar right now. We were at Friendly, i am significantly stronger than he is in military, size and economy, my border is properly defended, no armies in place, workers still in peace-positions, we are both together in a war against the infernals i nominally joined (just sniping some infernal units with my hasted speed 4 commando rangers to delay the infernals progress while building up my cities), and suddeny - WAR! (No Underconcil Resolution. I am head of it.)

What is going on?!?

Also some other DOWs i experienced in this game were outright suicidal. For example i had about 20 good cities and Tasunke had 1 city under heavy culture trouble left. He DOWed me when my parked defensive army near his border consisted of a dozend rangers with 4 mages and his military was 8 swordsmen and one archer in total. He send 1 swordsman in a surprise raid and killed a lone mage casting bloom on DOW, and then two turn nothing, so i walked in and took his city the same turn. - He hated my guts, but this was outright suicide.

And then a turn later Minister Kuahn DOWed my, too. He was Pleased with me, and together in a war against the infernals, whom he hated. A Two-City-minor with a military of 10 swordsmen, 2 mages and 3 archers. When my slightly injured stack was still right at his border chilling in Tasunke's last city. Two turns later he is gone, too.

P.S.
Something i find strange but not really that big a problem is that very often AIs will chancel Open Borders or Embassies, and then be willing to accept them right again when i ask them for it on my turn again.

Top Bottom