Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Idk then, maybe you can try asking other VP-users whether they've experienced similar issues and have found solutions for themselves. Like I've said, with the current information I have now I can't see what the source of the problem is and I haven't been experiencing any issues with CulDiv myself.

Does this link work for you? I've put the files on Google Drive.
Well I was right that the word "null" is being used instead of the actual null value
This obviously shouldn't be the case, and isn't the case in my version of the mod.

I don't think you have logging enabled because your Stopwatch log doesn't record any information, but I suppose the alternative is that you're using some kind of DLC-modpack rather than a normal mod activated through the modding system. My guess would be in that case that whatever process you've used to create the modpack has somehow improperly interpreted the mod, and that the fault lies there. Either way, your database log contains qute a concerning number of errors regarding missing art models and duplicated DLC content so you'll want to review whatever you're doing to resolve those issues before you come back to this.

Well I was right that the word "null" is being used instead of the actual null value
This obviously shouldn't be the case, and isn't the case in my version of the mod.

I don't think you have logging enabled because your Stopwatch log doesn't record any information, but I suppose the alternative is that you're using some kind of DLC-modpack rather than a normal mod activated through the modding system. My guess would be in that case that whatever process you've used to create the modpack has somehow improperly interpreted the mod, and that the fault lies there. Either way, your database log contains qute a concerning number of errors regarding missing art models and duplicated DLC content so you'll want to review whatever you're doing to resolve those issues before you come back to this.

Hmm I've checked that I've set ValidateGameDatabase = 1 and LoggingEnabled = 1 in my config.ini, did I miss any other step for enabling logging? Yes I have been making and playing with modpacks this whole time, just played a game on 3.10.7 and still have the same issue, and also got a mid-game crash. I think the missing art model errors come from Dolen's Ethnic Diversity, seems like the errors are for models for units that are in the Enlightenment Era and Future Era mods, which I don't use. I was able to play full games with Dolen's Ethnic Diversity on VP 3.7.X, but I have been getting mid-game crashes from 3.8 onwards, and even on 3.7.X I was getting a strategic view crash, which also may have something to do with the errors in the Database.log.

How would I go about resolving these errors? I don't really have modding experience but thanks for your continued support! I've linked my latest log files if you still want to have a look.

Update: Just tried a modpack with only VP 3.10.10 and Cult Div, still getting the splashscreen error (and starting bonuses error).

***Update 2: Looks everything works fine in singleplayer, sorry I should have checked this sooner. Any idea how to make it work in a modpack?

Last edited:
Hmm I've checked that I've set ValidateGameDatabase = 1 and LoggingEnabled = 1 in my config.ini, did I miss any other step for enabling logging? Yes I have been making and playing with modpacks this whole time, just played a game on 3.10.7 and still have the same issue, and also got a mid-game crash. I think the missing art model errors come from Dolen's Ethnic Diversity, seems like the errors are for models for units that are in the Enlightenment Era and Future Era mods, which I don't use. I was able to play full games with Dolen's Ethnic Diversity on VP 3.7.X, but I have been getting mid-game crashes from 3.8 onwards, and even on 3.7.X I was getting a strategic view crash, which also may have something to do with the errors in the Database.log.

How would I go about resolving these errors? I don't really have modding experience but thanks for your continued support! I've linked my latest log files if you still want to have a look.

Update: Just tried a modpack with only VP 3.10.10 and Cult Div, still getting the splashscreen error (and starting bonuses error).

***Update 2: Looks everything works fine in singleplayer, sorry I should have checked this sooner. Any idea how to make it work in a modpack?
I don't know what method you're using to make your modpack or why it's somehow misinterpreting a NULL value as a string, but CulDiv's problem seems to lie in that method rather than anywhere else. If you're using a modpack to play in multiplayer I would simply recommend that you don't use CulDiv because I don't think the aesthetic effects it offers add anything to the multiplayer experience, and if you're using a modpack for the sake of getting achievements with mods then I'd just reconsider whether you hold more interest in the modded gameplay or your achievement progress and treat the two as exclusive.

As for the database errors, I'd point out that there are errors relating to things such as DLC improvement and feature models so the issue feels more extensive than what a unit model ethnic diversity mod could cause. I would again expect it to be something modpack-related.

Top Bottom