Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Sorry for the double post, but I seem to be having some issues with the mod, or at least using it as part of the modpack.

Whilst starts such as 'Beginning with a Market' or 'Begin with X technology' are working fine. Starts such as 'Extra 2 population', 'Start with Spearman and +10exp' and 'A whole lot of gold' aren't working. Does anyone know why some might be working but the others are not?

Sorry for the double post, but I seem to be having some issues with the mod, or at least using it as part of the modpack.

Whilst starts such as 'Beginning with a Market' or 'Begin with X technology' are working fine. Starts such as 'Extra 2 population', 'Start with Spearman and +10exp' and 'A whole lot of gold' aren't working. Does anyone know why some might be working but the others are not?

Database, Stopwatch and Lua log - but chances are it's a mod conflict.

playing with Vox Populi enabled, Siam doesn't seem to get its opener bonus. Anyone else confirm this?

I really like the ambition of this project and may try it in the not too distant future, but (and I don't want to offend here because this really is a cool mod) could the unique era splash screens be a separate mod in themselves? With or without the gameplay changes, that just sounds really darn cool, and something I'd always want to have regardless of what mods I may or may not be using.

I really like the ambition of this project and may try it in the not too distant future, but (and I don't want to offend here because this really is a cool mod) could the unique era splash screens be a separate mod in themselves? With or without the gameplay changes, that just sounds really darn cool, and something I'd always want to have regardless of what mods I may or may not be using.

Starting bonuses can be disabled in the UserSettings file.

v11:
  • Made some Lua changes necessary for the upcoming RtP update.
  • UnitPromotions_JFD_UnitDialogues can now work for non-Mercenaries.
  • Added the option to disable the Embarkation graphic changes.
  • Removed redundant dummy policy.
  • Added sound effect for startup.

Thanks for the newest update. Great work!

Hey JFD,
I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for making some incredibly detailed mods. Your code work, along with the artists and other coders here, are what brought me back to the Civ series after a couple years hiatus. I look forward to your RtP update as well as any work (if you continue on) you will do on Civ6. Keep up the great work! :)

Getting LUA errors:
Code:
[147738.375] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 11)\Lua\JFD_CulDiv_Events.lua:13: attempt to call global 'JFD_IsUsingRTP' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 11)\Lua\JFD_CulDiv_Events.lua:13: in main chunk
	=[C]: in function 'include'
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritacts Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/RandomEventsPopup.lua:175: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?

I'd really like to know how to fix these kinds of errors, I've got several of them and no idea if/when their respective mods will be updated.

Getting LUA errors:
Code:
[147738.375] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 11)\Lua\JFD_CulDiv_Events.lua:13: attempt to call global 'JFD_IsUsingRTP' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 11)\Lua\JFD_CulDiv_Events.lua:13: in main chunk
	=[C]: in function 'include'
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritacts Events and Decisions (v 3)\Lua/UI/RandomEventsPopup.lua:175: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?

I'd really like to know how to fix these kinds of errors, I've got several of them and no idea if/when their respective mods will be updated.

This should fix the CulDiv error - the file to replace will be in the Utilities folder.

If you're lucky, the E&D bug might fix itself.

Attachments

• JFD_CulDivUtilities.7z
    2.9 KB · Views: 61
Hey JFD,
I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for making some incredibly detailed mods. Your code work, along with the artists and other coders here, are what brought me back to the Civ series after a couple years hiatus. I look forward to your RtP update as well as any work (if you continue on) you will do on Civ6. Keep up the great work! :)

Thank you :)

This should fix the CulDiv error - the file to replace will be in the Utilities folder.

If you're lucky, the E&D bug might fix itself.

The main download has also been fixed, but feel free to use Chrisy's fix here as a way to circumvent downloading CulDiv again.

Hi JFD!

I'm looking forward to playing the latest update, however, I'm unable to download it completely. I've used three browsers and each time I get three files in my Download Folder and none of which can be expanded nor they are 122 MB. I do get a page before the download from Google Drive stating that the file is too big for a virus scan and if I want to download it anyways. I press to continue, it asks me to save it and then the three files appear as I mentioned before, but they cannot be expanded. Do you have any other download site I can get it from?

I appreciate your help in advance.

EDIT: Never mind. I tried again and it worked.

Sounds like an issue with your ISP.

Top Bottom