Current avatar choices are the worst

yeah, I like the pic and all, but man...could you imagine surfing this site at work. :D I can avoid the babe thread while at work but if an avatar like that pops up....something else might also! ;)

I like your avatar TF :

Okay, how did PH get that avatar?? Has the decision been made, and if it has, how do we go about getting a custom avatar?

monk, you are not helping Matrix quest for custom avatars by posting that pic. :D
I like your avatar TF
Yours looks pretty cool too also. Is it from a Romance of Three Kingdoms game?

Yeah, it is Sun Jian. I think you disabled the ability for me to change....I still have this one but I was trying out other ones and all the options were gone.

No fair, why is PH the only one with a custom avatar (apart fr TF)? :)

I've seen this pix somewhere. Can't remember which RoTK ver though.

TF, I would bet 10 000 $ that your avatar is stolen from Shi Huangdi (sp?) aka
Black Dragon, from Apolyton.

KD : Maybe the avatar limit is 4 000 posts? :satan:

Seriously, Custom avatar limit should be 1 000 post's and 100 days.

NOOOO!!!!! WHY ARE YOU BREAKING DOWN TF!!!!!?????? YOU SAID NO!!!!

I thought you were TF the unchangeable! You are dissapointing me!! Floppa21 come here! I need backup, our great leader is falling to the rebels. It must be yuri, mindcontrolling him.....

Actually custom avatars are fine as long as they require 9999 posts and are only 1 pixel, much like they are now :D

Originally posted by Juize
KD : Maybe the avatar limit is 4 000 posts? :satan:

Well I just checked, but there doesn't seem to have been any changes...Perhaps you have to be a former Moderator as well or be top of the spam league.

Actually custom avatars are fine as long as they require 9999 posts and are only 1 pixel, much like they are now

What the dell to you have against Custom Avatars, anyways?

Seriously, Custom avatar limit should be 1 000 post's and 100 days.

Admit it, you chose the 1000 posts number to keep me outta your weird custom avatar club... *sniff*
you're always so mean to me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Admit it, you chose the 1000 posts number to keep me outta your weird custom avatar club... *sniff*
you're always so mean to me

You're weird... and a dirty spammer. :p

52 post's? 2 points:

(1) It's easy as dell by that spam rate :p
(2) You gotta earn it, like everyone else

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
I have had to change my avatar a few times because people picked it where I was posting. Now I am the giant pulling a glowing dildo from his bum! :D

No wonder you didn't want to be a 'möd' any more :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Thunderfall
what do you think should be the size and dimension limits

I don't care, as long as I can fit my avatar :D

Ok ok, so I've changed my tone, but I'm still happy if you don't want to add custom avatars...I've become quite attached to my AEGIS Cruiser, which is used by 1 other user I think...

Originally posted by Becka
If you did nudge on custom avatars, will you implement a certain number of posts you'd have to have?

Spam! This one doesn't get my vote, a day limit would be a better idea :)

Originally posted by Fez_Monk

:goodjob:

Sorry about the long post with a lot of quotes, I came in late :(

What the dell to you have against Custom Avatars, anyways?

Look at PH's and you will see. They are hideous, and that is one of the nicer ones. I like avatars that use basic colors like the civ avatars, when you go photo quality and add more and more pixels to the mix it looks like **** when mixed with all of the nice, neat looking avatars. Not to mention for people on dial-up, all the custom avatars are stored in cache and loading is realatively quick, with custom there will be new avatars to load a lot more often and will slow downloading.

Look at PH's and you will see. They are hideous, and that is one of the nicer ones. I like avatars that use basic colors like the civ avatars, when you go photo quality and add more and more pixels to the mix it looks like **** when mixed with all of the nice, neat looking avatars. Not to mention for people on dial-up, all the custom avatars are stored in cache and loading is realatively quick, with custom there will be new avatars to load a lot more often and will slow downloading.

LOOK AT THOSE TOT -AVATARS! AND CIV3 -AVATARS! THEY DON'T HAVE THE CARTOON STYLE THAT WE LIKE!

Goddammit. If I add a EU-flag to Civ2 unit, could I use it? :love:

That 100 posts/100 days is a good idea, TF! ;)

And I'll change my avatar once and never again myself. ;)

By the way, I think it's a good idea not to allow animated gifs. However, that GIMP looks very nice and quiet. ;) 60x60 or 80x80 doesn't matter much. 4k or something like that should be the limit. :)

Originally posted by Matrix
By the way, I think it's a good idea not to allow animated gifs. However, that GIMP looks very nice and quiet. ;) 60x60 or 80x80 doesn't matter much. 4k or something like that should be the limit. :)

Well, I can prevent his eyes from twitching :) . Plus that would bring down the size to just under 2 kb :D . I am willing to compromise ;) .

NO animated avatars - No compromises.

I agree, 80x80 and 4kb.
Is it possible for people to not to see other's avatars? :hmmm:

Is it possible for people to not to see other's avatars? :hmmm:

Yes, there is a option for that in the user cp.

Originally posted by Dell19
Well I just checked, but there doesn't seem to have been any changes...Perhaps you have to be a former Moderator as well or be top of the spam league.
TF and PH are testing it out. ;) No official word on it yet.

Top Bottom