Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
With new culture mechanics, the territory UHV of Persian and Mongols seems impossible now. Anyone succeeded?

pretty sure I have done the Mongols with the new culture, yeah

Loaded up Persia earlier, but I have no idea how to play them^^
Do I instantly go for Babylon/Carthago and/or India? Because Babylon had 5+ Archers + 40% culture in every city and on the other save I had to deal with Hoplites which made mincemeat of my army. So do I research Math before really conquering?

Will Persia have conquers for Egypt? Or are they inclined to attack Egypt?

pretty sure I have done the Mongols with the new culture, yeah

Loaded up Persia earlier, but I have no idea how to play them^^
Do I instantly go for Babylon/Carthago and/or India? Because Babylon had 5+ Archers + 40% culture in every city and on the other save I had to deal with Hoplites which made mincemeat of my army. So do I research Math before really conquering?

Skip Babylon, they are too hard even without bronze weapons. OB with them, conquer Jerusalem and Sur with 2 immortal & 2 chariots & 1 archer instead. All other unit go east and conquer India, Skip Lahore, attack Delhi - Varanasi - Patna, collapse them, then take Lahore to gain access of precious marble. Build the Oracle in Jerusalem, bulb currency. Research math - calender, you can get other techs by trade.

I did this before Greek conqueror events, and game crashed in turn 118.

OK, I got Persia 3/3 UHV in turn 148, 2 turns before 150, the key tech is drama, save money for final 100% rush.

I kept peace with Babylonians, they collapsed by themselves eventually around turn 128.

Construction after currency, war elephants against Roman Legion. Conquered Tamils around turn 146.

This was not easy, but the game is much better without annoying Parthian horse archers!

why not Estakhr?
Greek Persepolis becomes Estakhr when the Persians acquire it again. It's not something I thought worth mentioning.

Will Persia have conquers for Egypt? Or are they inclined to attack Egypt?
No, yes.

OK, I got Persia 3/3 UHV in turn 148, 2 turns before 150, the key tech is drama, save money for final 100% rush.

I kept peace with Babylonians, they collapsed by themselves eventually around turn 128.

Construction after currency, war elephants against Roman Legion. Conquered Tamils around turn 146.

This was not easy, but the game is much better without annoying Parthian horse archers!
How much trouble did the conquerors give you? I still want to change how they work.

New commit:
- moved location of Parsa (Persian spawn tile) 1S
- Persia starts with one additional settler and worker
- Parthian barbarians will only spawn if Persia is dead
- reduced Babylonian inclination to build units, research Bronze Working and Feudalism and build the Oracle

:goodjob: Good, Persia will be present in more games from now on.

But, Why? Even America gets conquers for mexico from what i heard.
Obviously the reason is because I hate Persia.

I know.

Then I suggest you stop spamming this thread.

New commit:
- moved location of Parsa (Persian spawn tile) 1S
- Parsa/Persepolis will be renamed Shiraz on Arab conquest
- added Balkh as a city name in Bactria
- moved wheat near Sirajis north to Aspadana
- moved sheep near Aspadana east to Balkh
- Persia starts with one additional settler and worker
- Persian Immortals start with the March promotion
- Parthian barbarians will only spawn if Persia is dead
- reduced Babylonian inclination to build units, research Bronze Working and Feudalism and build the Oracle

I think the "official" city placement for Persia now is Parsa/Persepolis/Shiraz, Aspadana/Isfahan and either Artacoana/Herat or Balkh/Bactra.

Can someone kindly post the new map here? I can't access the game for quite a while but I'm curious about the map change:).

Can someone kindly post the new map here? I can't access the game for quite a while but I'm curious about the map change:).

Attached to this post.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 124
Greek Persepolis becomes Estakhr when the Persians acquire it again. It's not something I thought worth mentioning.

No, yes.

How much trouble did the conquerors give you? I still want to change how they work.

Not much. Greeks can be countered by catapults + HA and axemen, Romans too, and I have war elephants by that time.

Now that Balkh is more likely to be in the game, I'd like to have it as the Zoroastrian holy city, but the way the religion is currently founded that doesn't seem to be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom