DaftNES 2: Throne of Destiny

I would love to take a decent nation, suggestions?

Republic of Utica I suppose, somebody needs to take over that area once TerrisH is wiped out :lol:

Hai guiz, the update is now up on those posts I reserved (page #50 on default settings)

The Articles of Reanimation 2009:

#1: There are no stats yet. I've been focused on writing, and you know, I already have my own ideas about things. I guess stats and rules are much more important to other people, than me as the mod. I want to change the whole stat/rule system here, which will take some time, so for a while there will probably be missing or simplified stats for minor nations. Here is a proposal, please feel free to make your opinions known:

Spoiler :
EXPERIMENTAL / TOTALLY OVERBLOWN / INACCURATE:

Great Thulean League = Kol.7
Sphere: Yssosphere
Leadership: Lord Protector Gustharii (appointed ruler, elderly), Guild Council (merchant nobility, strong)
Ruling Faction: pro-Thulean unionists
Rival Factions: Yssian separatists (weak), Pictish separatists (weak)
Epic: 1 (The Great Harbour of Ys)
Power: 3/2 (plutocracy, finance, legalism, republic, artistry)
Population: 3/3 (Thulean / Old Yssian, Pictish / Geldish, Freisish)
Religion: 2/2 (Ultimism / - / Levanquism, Aeonism)
Belief: 3/3 (individualism, representation, trade, enlightenment, science)
Vices: 2/1 (smuggling, piracy, subversive cults, gang warfare)
Infrastructure: roads 4/5, rail 1/1, ports 6/5, forts 4/3, gov 3/4
Economy: 3/4 (trade, finance, forging, farming, textiles)
Industry: 2/2 (shipyards, forging, armaments, furniture, textiles)
Surpluses: furniture, metal tools, textiles, boats
Shortages: food, spices, gold, silver, tobacco, dyes
Army: 2/2 (firepower, discipline, gunnery, tactics, siege)
* 125,000 Conscripts (arquebusiers, pikemen, light cavalry, melee infantry)
* 20,000 Regulars (musketeers, pikemen, longbowmen, gun crews, medium cavalry)
* 1,000 Elites (grenadiers, halberdiers)
Navy: 4/3 (leadership, tactics, navigation, discipline, gunnery)
* 300 Light Ships (light frigates, armed merchant ships, yachts, steamboats)
* 150 Medium Ships (war frigates, bombard ships)
* 10 Capitol Ships (heavy frigates)
Description: The Yssians have been a strong seafaring culture since the dawn of recorded history, spreading their culture and ideals far and wide. Together with the Picts under the Thulean League (86 AD to 590 AD) they opened up the 'Eastern Americas', and pioneered trade routes between Europe and the rest of the world. The ancient city of Ys has emerged as a centre of power again after the dissolution of the Thulean League, which collapsed following a long and costly war with what is now Rove and Vengano, combined with a rebellion by some of the American colonies. However the League still exists in the form of common trade customs and trade routes across the Euris Ocean and beyond. Some now wish to revive the great Thulean League, with the peaceful or not-so-peaceful annexation of other Leagues. Others are happy to maintain the status quo and enjoy the fruits of trade and industry.

Imperial Republic of Antalya = Thlayli
Sphere: The Golden Empire
Leadership: Bazilevs Demetyr I (ruler, mighty, mature, several heirs), Kuzma (hereditary nobility, notable), Municipal Councils (appointed urban officials, weak)
Ruling Faction: Rationalist-Imperialist
Rival Factions: Antalese traditionalists (weak), Mycenean liberalists (weak)
Epic: 1 (The Ancient Monuments of Argos, The Great Canals of Antalya, The Golden Conclave of Agre)
Power: 2/2 (monarchy, militarism, feudalism, monotheism, enlightenment)
Population: 6/5 (Antalyan, Skovyan, Mycenean, Turuk)
Religion: 2/2 (Rationalism, Phosism)
Belief: 2/2 (militarism, enlightenment, imperial ideal, monotheism, industry)
Vices 3/2 (gang warfare, subversive cults, terrorism, narcotics, smuggling)
Infrastructure: roads 8/10, rail 1/1, ports 4/4, forts 7/6, gov 5/6
Economy: 1/5 (farming, forging, trade, manufacturing, artistry)
Industry: 2/3 (armaments, forging, chemicals)
Surpluses: metal tools, artworks, wine, dyes, antiquities
Shortages: food, spices, silk, gems, furs
Army: 5/3 (leadership, morale, organisation, tactics, strategy)
* 2.25 million Conscripts (urban militia, musketeers, pikemen)
* 150,000 Ethnic Recruits (horse archers, bowmen, lancers, spearmen, melee infantry)
* 150,000 Regulars (musketeers, pikemen, gun crews, siege engineers, light cavalry)
* 5,000 Elites (mounted musketeers, heavy cavalry)
Navy: 2/3 (organisation, discipline)
* 300 Light Ships (armed merchant ships, galleys, yachts, steamboats)
* 20 Medium Ships (war frigates, bombard ships)
Description: The descendent of a line of great empires reaching back to the dawn of history. The centre of gravity has shifted many times, but now rests again upon the ancient city of Altyn Sarai, city of the golden lakes. A common culture in the heartland has been developing since Aahnad times. The later Agrinese Empire, at is height, has never since been surpassed in terms of size and glory. In comparison, Antalya is a much more modern state, with a fearsome and experienced military, though this has come at a cost. After 450 AD, a devastating civil war was fought, as traditional Phosist nobles tried to overthrow the new Rationalist regime being imposed by the Bazilevs. Foreign powers became involved, Videssos in particular. Antalya eventually emerged as a vengeful and fiercely Rationalist state, with reduced territory and a brutalised population. Phosism took the blame for all the trouble, and is still a tightly suppressed religion. After a century of recovery, Antalya remains a largely militarised society with economic problems, though it has proud achievements in technology and engineering. Foreign powers are increasingly nervous, as they fear the battle-forged might of Antalya being used to export the Rationalist 'enlightenment' to the rest of the world.

Pangan Republic = Lord_Iggy
Sphere: Pangari Zeyris
Leadership: Ri-Panga (elected assembly, strong), Dosu Tahan-Kira (appointed sub-ruler, weak, mature)
Rival Factions: industrial reformists (notable), Pangari militants (weak)
Epic: 1 (The Diamond Conclave of Panga: 90%)
Power: 1/3 (republic, academocracy, plutocracy, science, artistry)
Population: 3/3 (Pangari, Taej)
Religion: 2/2 (Orhadism, Taoism, Rationalism, Phosism)
Belief: 2/2 (enlightenment, peace, science, representation, trade)
Vices: 2/1 (smuggling, subversive cults, official corruption, narcotics, terrorism, gang warfare)
Infrastructure: roads 6/5, rail 1/1, ports 5/5, forts 3/3, gov 4/4
Economy: 3/2 (farming, trade, logging, textiles, manufacturing)
Science: 1/1 (biology)
Industry: 1/1 (shipyards, armaments, textiles)
Surpluses: furniture, timber, furs, metal tools, artworks
Shortages: porcelain, spices, gemstones, dyes
Army: 1/2 (firepower, defence, siege)
* 100,000 Conscripts (pikemen, arquebusiers, melee infantry)
* 15,000 Regulars (musketeers, pikemen, gun crews, medium cavalry)
Navy: 4/3 (navigation, discipline, gunnery)
* 125 Light Ships (armed merchant ships, steamboats, yachts)
* 40 Medium Ships (war frigates, bombard ships)
* 1 Capitol Ship (super frigate)
Description: The oldest surviving state in the world, if the brief episode between 40 and 47 AD when it was annexed by the Taej Empire can be ignored. Ancient Pangans were as warlike as any other people, but since civilisation began, Panga has been untouched by war and unrest for most of its history. The ongoing threat of absorption into the Taej Empire led to a rare period of militancy between 350 and 450 AD, during which time Panga regained territory from the Taej in South Asia, and fought wars in South America to safeguard its colonial interests there - Pegu is now the most developed and independent of any colonial state. More importantly, Panga is credited with advancing science more than any other civilisation, and together with the Taej, they have exported South Asian ideas and customs around the world. Yet, as developed and civilised as it is, Panga almost seems like a stagnating nation, a left-over from a bygone age. It is no longer such a dominant trading power, and its army has suffered from two centuries of inactivity. Panga's legendary scientific and philosophical institutions have actually become something of an obstacle to further progress, and have gained an unhealthy amount of political influence.

#2: I want to make a fresh start on a new thread, with new stats/rules and a new front page. When I look back at this thread, and the one before that, it causes me pain. Real emotional and mental pain. It hurts even more to know that other people spent a lot of time on orders and stories for this. I'm hopeful that I've found a better update style now, even if its still slow. It was actually kinda fun and rewarding to do, and it doesn't hurt me so much to re-read it. But your opinions matter most. I guess the update is too big (lol), and I don't know if I can keep producing that, even every three months. Although, I felt I had to make up for some missing details, and the year long-hiatus encouraged me to write more :)

#3: As mentioned, all former player nations will remain locked/NPC, until I have express permission to open them for new players, except if the original players have since left NESing altogether. Currently that's only Symphony D, I'm not sure about Disenfrancised or jalapeno_dude.

Anyways, once the rules/stats are finalised, I want to continue in a nice new thread. But I don't think I should make a pre-NES thread. I propose that any comments and proposals be posted here.

Thankyou lots :salute:

YAY!

I'd like to claim, as I've said before, Ceinurissian Aonsaise if Dis doesn't show up and seems to have left.:)

I'll very tentatively take the Yihamco League as it's the only thing I know nobody has reserved :p

Jesus... what the heck happened while we were all gone... uh, is anyone in the world not suffering from food shortages and natural disasters around here?? Bah, back to the drawing board of trying to fix my country again :lol:

It's alright Daft, at least you made everyone else around me suffer roughly equal amounts of pain :p

#3: As mentioned, all former player nations will remain locked/NPC, until I have express permission to open them for new players, except if the original players have since left NESing altogether. Currently that's only Symphony D, I'm not sure about Disenfrancised or jalapeno_dude.
I'm here, though you may have to deal with fairly minimal orders. I believe Symph is uninterested, but as he and I were playing the same country it shouldn't matter much.

I'de take my Daran league... though I seem to recall a sort of alliance/union with fuscia?

I'd read the update if I were you thomas, you're now the Bastorian League joined together with the Asturians. You two best work something out I'd imainge :p

So eh... Daft, how long are you going to make us all suffer this recent wave of natural disasters exactly? :hmm:

BTW, how did my mercenaries go?

I'd read the update if I were you thomas, you're now the Bastorian League joined together with the Asturians. You two best work something out I'd imainge :p

So eh... Daft, how long are you going to make us all suffer this recent wave of natural disasters exactly? :hmm:

Yup, just did. Fuscia, are you still here? do you intend to continue?

I think Fuschia voiced that he would continue a few days ago, I'd send him a PM if I were you.

Yup, just did. Fuscia, are you still here? do you intend to continue?

I'm still around. I'll probably PM you with some ideas tomorrow or the next day.

OOC: Great update as always. Checking over the new possible stats they look good and interesting. Eagerly awaiting the new thread for this. :)

@NWAG, PM sent

I will probably have a few PM's to send to people, depending on who's still interested. I think a few peeps are away right now, serves me right lol.

FYI, I made some minor cosmetic fixes/changes to the map.

Lord_Iggy said:
Oh wow! The update is great, and the satellite photo is... how the heck did you do that!?!

I took photos from my spaceship. This is all occuring on a real planet that I got the Space Hamsters to terraform and seed with terrestrial-style lifeforms ;)

PS: three-metre-tall killer flightless seabirds invade Pangari southern territories:

Top Bottom