Deathmatch: the Bears' enclave

Beorn-eL-Feared

Idiot riding pedals
Niklas, cubsfan, Council roster list ...

zyxy
Aigburth
Niklas
peter grimes
fe3333au
Nikodemus
AutomatedTeller
General_W
Paul#42
tomasjj
donsig
TheLoneMan
dl123654
tonyf12
Judge Dredd
sirdanilot
cubsfan6506
Hasdrubal Barca

... bug off!!

Yeah, we've been slacking on the spoiler :p We're still discussing our team strategy right now, often over msn - I'll make sure to post transcripts every now and then.

Now for some content.

So we have mid-AA UU's, they have early AA UU's, the starts are super uber good. You figure it out: we're happy about it.

I'm smack in the middle of the place while Whomp is to my South-West. I'll be tanking and he'll be gunning.

Opening plan is to pull a few scouts out each. I'll send my first to the NE, since we're in the general SW, and the next ones should go north or east. The both of us will send 3-4 warriors to look out ahead and see what we can find.

Right now I'll just guess the starts are symmetrical and that they'll have an Enkidu meat shield handy. This will be a bummer but we'll have to manage.

More to come ;)

Here's the start. Not a bad start with river cow, lux, bg's and chops early. Will get off a couple warriors early. Research set to wheel.

I'm a pragmatist. I believe in building up my luck by myself. It's much more reliable :D

Fear not, lurkers, one day we'll have hit enter enough to put a warrior scout out ...

Question is whether I should finish the next warrior in 3 or 4? If I shift down food from 5 to 4 it can be done but will give me a odd food allotment. I'm inclined to keep food at 5 and grow to pop 3 in four turns.

I plan to head north after both hills. Is this a wraparound map btw?
Here's a pic...

Doing it at 4 you lose a few shields but in the end what's 5 shields vs 1 pop?

I sent my scout North, it'll go E-NE to find trouble ASAP. If you're going NW, I can send my #2 to find you and get back on scouting track afterwards. I counted 3 warriors before my first settler so we still have 2 spares, one each and then meeting guy, for scouting directions. 1N, 1W, 1E?

Maybe meeting guy could take a hike around our likely settling lands ?

That's kind of my feeling B. As Charis said "Growth is power".

As far as our second warriors we could meet in the middle and head north?

This is our joint map, on scale. Minimap is sloppy but I think the picture is still clear.

We are very close, my second warrior can make the trek on its own, really.

Attachments

• cage03.jpg
    cage03.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 444
Nice job on the map B. My scale is way off so that really helps.
OK along the hill and NW I'll go with #1.

I'll keep a bit of suspense before the next pic, but man, that's more BG's than I've ever seen.

Ok, Counting the wines, that's
Spoiler :
44 BG's
in the near vicinity. Someone wanted things to get bloody - bloody fast.

Attachments

• cage04.jpg
    cage04.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 441
You want those despotic golden ages to be useful dont you?

And here I was thinking about delaying that :lol:

I really wonder what they have to talk about, this early, in the other spoiler. They picked 2 of the best early disruption units in the game. We have better UU's for mounting large scale attacks, they don't want that, they harass us with jags and EW.

Maybe they're wondering where to search. Maybe they're pondering whether to race off to chivalry, builder-style. Maybe they're searching for players to replace players as they go - they're already one down :p

So, well, this is where the mentalities really shift from one team to the other - we'll see how good planning fares against reacting.

Turn 16, F11 intel:
  • Both of them are AGR but neither grew as fast as Whomp to 4. Mined cows? Forests?
  • Cubsfan got a settler first, went from size 3 to size 1, so it wasn't on growth but he probably had time for an EW first. Doubtful he'd have two.
  • Niklas is getting 7 shields at size 3, he definitely mined his cow and working a forest or something.

Bronze and Wheel are in but I took the screenie on player switch screen so that I wouldn't have to move it around. You have horses in your cross, Whomp.

My warrior will hit a water wall North and head west from there, I think you should go South.

Attachments

• cage05.jpg
    cage05.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 456
FIRST CONTACT!

As expected, Niklas did not declare war upon finding me. He ate it though :cooool:

Attachments

• cage06.jpg
    cage06.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 466
Wow. What did you kill?

Just a 3/3 jag, but now he is dead and I keep exploring.

Top Bottom