Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

For our next build may I also suggest a library.

Once the worker completes you will probably want to rearrange the tiles we are working so we grow again. I stopped the growth to get some hammers from the gem hill.

deleted

deleted

deleted

Lurking

It's okay to stagnate at 3 for finishing stuff before settlers. It takes a long time to reach 4 with only 2 food. But that makes sense only if you guys plan a settler after the worker. Otherwise maybe you would have had time to reach size 4.

I agree that library early are a bad idea. Better early techs after Pottery are AH/BW and luxs.

My turn now. yes?

I'm going to keep scouting to the East while the first worker chops out a Settler. I'll steal a CS worker if I can and plant the first expo in the pink dot. I'll start on a Granary there because Legalism should be up by then

To be clear, libraries are pointless with such small population. They should be built when cities have like 5 pop, or when you want NC. Much later than now.
:mad: Remember when I said earlier that one of the reasons we did poorly in our last deity attempt was because we didn't communicate well?

Here is a perfect example. On two posts I asked what our tech path should be. What response did I get? Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

No one, except me, has yet said what we should research next. If you guys want to be on a team, you have to be engaged teammates and respond to questions. Sitting back and criticizing after the fact does no one any good.

While we're at it, how about our builds?

I also posted that my search plan involved following the coast to maximize finding city states. Sounds like now in hindsight, you don't like that either.

When you say stopped the growth, do you mean completely, like stagnate?

That's a terrible idea if so. A city should only stagnate if it's building a settler, or if it's lategame in a domination sweep

Once again, this is a game of choices. We do not have a food rich city at the moment. We need tile improvements to get more food. I made the decision to accelerate the production of a worker to get more food. It trades short term growth for long term growth. By switching from a zero hammer crab tile to a 3 hammer gems tile, I was able to get the worker significantly faster. By improving the wheat we will be ahead in the long run.

My turn now. yes?

I'm going to keep scouting to the East while the first worker chops out a Settler. I'll steal a CS worker if I can and plant the first expo in the pink dot. I'll start on a Granary there because Legalism should be up by then

If you read my turn report, we got legalism at turn 20.

To be clear, libraries are pointless with such small population. They should be built when cities have like 5 pop, or when you want NC. Much later than now.

Please explain your reasoning here. A library provides +1 science for every TWO citizens. There is no difference between pop 4 and pop 5. Once our worker is completed and the wheat is farmed we'll probably be at pop 4 by the time we can build a library.

I would appreciate it if you lose the attitude and approach this game with logic and reason rather then hunches and innuendo. If you have a criticism, then provide a reason for the criticism rather than inaccurate assumptions such as "when cities have like 5 pop".

deleted

deleted

T24 - worker done, sent him over to farm the Wheat while we research Mining for Gems and chopping. Started on a Settler, rearranged the tiles to cut one turn

T26 - new people have been met. Mining done soon. Next up is Animal Husbandry, we might get lucky and score some horses.

T28 - Hello free labor :)

T30 - Portugal are now a pair of workers lighter.

Rest of turn coming up later or tomorrow

I have certain concerns that the Pink spot might be taken by the time the Settler is finished

Attachments

• 01 - greet.jpg
    01 - greet.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 02 - greet.jpg
    02 - greet.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 03 - gl.jpg
    03 - gl.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 04 - panth.jpg
    04 - panth.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 05 - labor.jpg
    05 - labor.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 176
My recommendations for 2nd and 3rd cities are

:- on the bananas for the double coast - We'll lose the bananas but gain an important 'suez canal'-type arrangement.

:- on the jungle spot next to the deer at the conflux of the rivers to the East. We'll need Bronze Working pretty soon.

Second part. AH was a good enough idea, as we found horses nearby :) Bronze Working obviously next because of all this Jungle around.

T37 - New York founded on Pink spot. Settler queued up. Halicarnasus gone. We meet another neighbor. I do not know where he is. It's reasonable to expect another one on the continent. Made peace with Portugal and took 31 gold for an Embassy as well but a pair of workers early on is huge.

T38 - Pick Landed Elite as new policy. A bit short on gold now

T39 - found Mt Fuji East. Pyramids gone

After 40 turns, we look nice. 4 workers so far, barbs seem to be willing to fetch more provided we can capitalize. Bronze working is soon done, we may get some Iron somewhere for more early hammers. Settler will be out soon, the desert north between the city states looks adorable, it has a lux, some really nice food tiles and good production potential. The one on the coast on SW may take longer to clear out all the pesky Jungle.

I suggest Calendar next and then either Philo or Sailing, depending on the situation. After that the two coastal cities should swap cargo ships and grow.

Attachments

• 06 - siam.jpg
    06 - siam.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 07 - peace.jpg
    07 - peace.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 08 - end.jpg
    08 - end.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 163
You're probably right and I don't have what it takes to be a part of a team. Maybe I'm even an *sshole. I'll leave you two to it.

You're probably right and I don't have what it takes to be a part of a team. Maybe I'm even an *sshole. I'll leave you two to it.

I take that as meaning you don't like something Storm Trooper did. Why don't you tell use what you would have done differently and WHY. I have been chewed out for really dumb moves by the best of them - Sirian, Lee Kendter, Arathorn, and T-Hawk just to name a few off the top of my head. The difference was that they explained what I did wrong, why it was wrong, and what a better choice would have been given the options presented at the time.

It doesn't mean you aren't correct, it just means that you left out the second and third parts.

Let's try this again.

Well, I thank you for your calm response, but isn't expressing my opinion what I did before? That didn't go down too well, now, did it. You might argue that I didn't explain WHY, but I just don't have the patience to explain why researching Writing before AH, Archery and so on, on Deity, is a dreadful idea.

You are correct that when I loaded the map I was completely gobsmacked by what I saw. I don't want to go into all the things I didn't like, because that will just provoke arguments, I think, which I personally am not interested in. I just don't want to "chew" anyone out. This is a game, and it should be enjoyable.

I meant what I said in my last message sincerely though, I just don't think I'm very good as part of a team. I guess I lack patience and understanding of the differences between people.

TLDR: I'm the bad egg here, I'll drop out and others can replace me that are better team players.

Top Bottom