Demotivational Posters thread 2: Now with 100% more Demotivation!

Here's a couple from a flash game called Black Navy War.

Attachments

• Navy Wars.PNG
    Navy Wars.PNG
    303.3 KB · Views: 1,341
  • Aircraft.PNG
    Aircraft.PNG
    277.1 KB · Views: 1,071
I have no idea why anyone would consider either of those demotivators. Demotivativation is more than a format :p

By most standards, it was a draw.
If you invade another country with the intent of conquering it and fail to do so, or even to conquer any territory at all, you've lost the war. Especially when the enemy actually captures your capital city and burns it to the ground in the course of that war. I'm always amazed at the American ability to deny that obvious fact.

Uh, America had no intention of conquering Canada (they certainly considered it a possibility though). They simply wanted to put pressure on the British. The Brits had laid trade restrictions, pressed American citizens into war and were giving military aid to the Natives (who the Americans had been trying to stamp out).

What we should be chuckling at is the fact that they thought it would be so easy. Thomas Jefferson: "The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent."

Of course they had reason to believe it would be that easy so..

Basically, no Napoleonic Wars, America gets trounced. I'm Canadian too so any chance to poke fun at the yanks (they're just so serious about winning wars) I'll take it, but 1812 was an incredibly complex war, not just: "lol US tried and failed to invade Canada lol".

Uh, America had no intention of conquering Canada (they certainly considered it a possibility though). They simply wanted to put pressure on the British. The Brits had laid trade restrictions, pressed American citizens into war and were giving military aid to the Natives (who the Americans had been trying to stamp out).

What we should be chuckling at is the fact that they thought it would be so easy. Thomas Jefferson: "The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent."

Of course they had reason to believe it would be that easy so..

Basically, no Napoleonic Wars, America gets trounced. I'm Canadian too so any chance to poke fun at the yanks (they're just so serious about winning wars) I'll take it, but 1812 was an incredibly complex war, not just: "lol US tried and failed to invade Canada lol".
I'm aware that there was much more to the War of 1812 than the simple dream of conquering Canada. But it must be said that the US did intend to conquer at least Quebec, and actually thought the Canadian populace would welcome them to an extent. When the US set out to war with several goals and achieved, what, one of them - Britain agreed to stop press-ganging American soldiers, but still did it on occasion anyway - then that's a pretty conclusive defeat.

Top Bottom