DG3 Info Gathering - Rules (edit scenario)

Shall we use vanilla Civ3 or allow customization in DG3?

• Straight Civ3

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Consider Tinkering

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LETS USE A MOD!!!! anyone here agree?

I agree - standard Civ. Better to use the settings that most everybody understands.

Let's tinker with it. I think people who don't have PTW should get it (cmon its only like 20 bucks) and we could play one of the great PTW scenarios out there such as Double Your Pleasure.
PTW has a couple of problems besides the cost. First, it corrupts operating systems; I'm pretty sure it wasn't the only one having to re-boot between and during Turn Chats. Second, it contains a number of freak units (sipahis, berserkers) that we can do do well enough without.

Lethal bombardment. 'Nuff said.
By whom? Aircraft could use it, definitely, but definitely not artillery. Warps the game system to the breaking point. Guns can hurt any unit, but they can't destroy them in general combat. That's the historical situation, and one of the notable improvements in Civ III over Civ II.

I would be against tinkering if it were to make the game even easier for us. I mean, look at the cakewalk we have now. Some folks were worried about victory in the late Middle Ages, but we pretty much laid the groundwork for our current rout.
Very true. At the time I joined the game, just before the Indian Treachery, many of the players seemed worried about the future of Fanatika. However, if I had pulled up one of my old games with that map, I would have judged it already decided. From a Builder's standpoint, switching to Republic and doubling the work force would have provided a reasonably certain path to a UN or Starship victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom