Difficulty

well, the original version already had a much more improved AI, basically the stuff from my FF modmod, and parts from other FFH AI mods rewritten/merged. Didn't orlanth version already had some kind of guardians? I am pretty sure I was using his code, but I could be wrong.

It sounds pretty good to me - just not as good as "FF with an AI that handles magic" :D

Perhaps there's a map type / enemy civ / game settings / difficulty that evens things up?

I tend to agree, I recently tried a few FF games after a gap of several mounts on deity and immortal and it was quite easy to get ahead of the other cives.

Certainly I agree with set AI no min level to on and AI no building requirement and aggressive AI.. And of course use a one continent map. Also remove goody huts, dungeons and lairs seem to mainly give bad results so I guess can keep them.

The teaming AIs an interesting idea I have not tried. Maybe try a good vs neutral vs evil vs me map! I have some doubts about doubling the AC, as the player should be better at adapting to barbarin problems that the AI, although I guess it might make the game more interesting.

Also consider trying Low to High, I found it quite a challenge.

However I believe the original FFH has better AI. I notice that FFH has some better AI mods. (e.g. better economics AI mod) I don’t know if any of these are compatible with FF?

Oh and try playing on deity. (never miss the obvious)

Top Bottom