Diplomacy issues after the patch (unresponsive UI, etc.)?

dshirk

Firaxian
We've seen some users posting that Diplo is acting strangely in existing saves (unresponsive diplo buttons,etc.). Has anyone seen this in fresh games, or is this only occurring in existing saves?

For existing saves, please post them here so we can take a look, along with a descrip of the problem.

Thanks!

UPDATE

Our engineering lead would like to see if this fixes the issue for you with your current save games experiencing issues. Back-up the current file located within the Civ V folder (mine is located here):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\UI\FrontEnd\LoadScreen.lua

And then unzip and copy in the attached replacement file.

Please let us know if this takes care of the issue for you.

Attachments

• LoadScreen_diplo_fix.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,915
I noticed in an existing game that i continued after the patch that during a war with the Huns, Polynesia sued for peace. However i was NOT able to replicate the issue. When I countered, Attila quickly replaced Kahemema. I also noticed the cursor not returning to pointer issue.

In this save, in a turn or 2, Theodora will ask me to go to war, but none of the dialogue options work. I have to close the game and reloading does not change a thing.

It is a game i started before the patch and i used worldbuilder to edit the map for fun.

Also, after the AI's turn, the cursor is stuck in the "loading globe" and i have to select a unit and perform an action for it to return to normal.

Thanks

Attachments

• bug.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 453
I had the diplo problem noted in the initial post on this thread. Askia pops up asking to go to war with Egypt 2 rounds after this save.

The UI will not respond to any button clicks.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS, I7-2600K CPU, 16Gb main memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card.

.... hmmm 2.10 MB file is too large to upload.

Post me, and I will happily email it.

Hi I am new to the forum but I saw that some people were having a similar issue to mine. I am playing the game (via Steam) and after a patch on 07/02 I proceeded through a turn (238 I believe) and Egypt complains about border issues. When i attempt to click a response nothing happens, I hear the confirmation sound telling me I clicked one of the options but there is no response.

Attachments

• Napoleon_0139 BC-0525.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 392
I have been having a similar issue as the others here, where the diplomacy screens are not able to be clicked through on current save games.

I decided to do a little sleuthing and see if the problem occurred on new games as well (since the patch). I started up a game, and eventually got a civ to offer me a DOF. Surprise! I accepted, all good! The second civ to offer me one however was not so successful - the game would not let me click through, just like in current games. However, my computer then proceeded to crash and I was forced to restart. This means that I don't know if the second DOF problems were due to the patch, or because of the computer (which may have crashed because of civ, I don't know). Of course, this also means I no longer have the save file, so I can't upload that here.

I'll try and reproduce this again, and make sure to save often in case it crashes and then I can upload that.

Cheers.

With this save, click through prompts for a turn or to and Theodora will show up wanting to declare a pact of friendship. Neither button on her screen responds to input (the sound effect plays, but nothing happens), and Esc can't exit the screen. The only way I can find to proceed is to exit to destkop. This always happens, even if I load an older auto-save. I guess I could declare war or something to work around this, but otherwise the game is blocked at this point.

Attachments

• Stoppage.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 431
Facing a similar problem on diplomatic screen. No matter what I click, I cannot go out of the conversation diplomacy window.

I have noticed earlier a few issues like:
  • the "thinking globe" failed to become a pointer
  • got some diplomatic offers, which did not contain any information (all offers blank)
Attached you may find some corrupted saves, please let me know if there is any way around this.

I did not encounter this bug before the patch of 2nd July. I am using steam and I wished there is a way to revert to a previous version.

Attachments

• Theodora_0343 AD-1615.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 380
I'm having this problem with an existing save. I'll just copy the description from another thread I made.

Sejong begged for a bag of sugar. I accepted, but the leader screen didn't go away and Sejong just kept staring at me. After a while, I pressed esc, which returned me to the main screen, with the "you are truly a great leader" message suddenly appearing (it never appeared in the leader screen). The game then had itself an epic crash to the point where I had to hard reset my computer. The game made an autosave before it went down, which I loaded. First thing that hit me was the same leader request, and after that the main screen with no GUI. This time I got to close the program.

I start the game once more, loading an earlier autosave, this time selling Sejong the sugar to avoid the begging. It works fine for another few turns, then Boudicca wants to be friends. I accept, esc out of the leader screen unscathed, but the next turn she suggests a research agreement. Upon accepting this, the same things occur as after the Sejong screen. Total and utter crash.

Attached is the quicksave. Sejong should contact you after ending the turn, and, if you survive that, Boudicca comes along later. Hope I get to finish this game, as I quite enjoyed it.

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 379
Have this problem in an existing save (haven't started a new one yet, as I am hoping I can finish this one as I invested quite some time already). I also posted this in another topic, but will copy it here:
Save is too big for the forum attachment, so it's on dropbox:

Save 1
Save 2

When ending the turn in save-game 1, a new technology (ecology) is research. Furthermore, ethiopia wants to renew a trade in which I provide furs for gold. Also, Arabia is mad at me for coming to close to Antwerp and I get a 'top 12 of who produces the most food'. Ethiopia comes first: they ask me to renew the deal. Whether I say yes or no, the screen stays on ethiopia's diplomacy without allowing me to go back. only hitting escape works after 10 times. However, while still int he diplomacy screen I get the popup about food, which I click away. As soon as I get back to the map (with the help of the escape button) I see I researched ecology and than: BAM, game crashes to desktop, every single time.

However, when I change my research to another one which takes two turns to research instead of one which ecology does, the game doesn't crash. I get ethiopia (still have to use escape), than get arabia about antwerp, followed by the pop-up about food. 'Fixed' you would say? Not really. I now have only two possible options for research, which both take only 1 turn. This means I have no choice than research a new tech the next turn. This can be found in save nr. 2. And again, the game crashes to the desktop when I end the turn and click away another diplomacy screen.

Furthermore, the following bugs can also be found in these saves:
- When a new turn starts it takes some time. It will still say 'next turn' even though everyone is finished (takes about 30-60 sec. to disappear). This seems to have to do with the citystates still taking their turn/moving of units by AI.
- The CPU becomes much more active. Before it would only start my fan when ending a turn (i.e. when calculating what the AI would do), now it is on all the time (I have the feeling the pc is already the calcullating the AI while I'm doing my move, hence the decreased loading time).
- The scoreboard is on top of the messages. This means with the scoreboard open you can't see what's happening (i.e. if a city state is taken over you can'tsee this because the scoreboard is over it, when you hover over the message with your mouse it won' display any popup). Because turns are so freaking fast now (which is good!) all messages appear at the same time. This means you don't get time to read them as soon as they appear.
- The scoreboard is now mainly grayed out. Before, my name was grey while the rest was easily readable, now it'sthe other way around (see also the screenshot): everyone's name is grey, besides mine.

Sorry, but I deleted the save out of frustration. I have only just found this thread. My problem was Siam asking me to declare war on another civ. I clicked the 'not interested' button. It made the correct clicking sound but nothing happened. All I had was the leaderhead screen with no actions. I waited a good ten minutes but nothing happened. Even the escape button did nothing. Every time I quit and re-started the same thing happened. I got the request for war, refused and then nothing.This is a game that was pre-patch. I have not had the time to start a new game but this sounds like an issue with saved games using the new patch. Thanks.

Wondering if new game it do any good? I mean playing saved games after Steam patch really screwed up everything and its unplayable.

I just disabled auto updater on Steam, which i knew sooner. Is there a way to roll back the patch? That probably would have to uninstall the game and start over anyway. Infact the game was running perfectly well for me in the last couple weeks, all i have to say is if itsnt broken, dont fix it!!!

It's obvious a major cock up from Firaxis - notably almost a week before brave new world comes out. Let's hope they will respond soon, else ain't buying expansion.

Wondering if new game it do any good? I mean playing saved games after Steam patch really screwed up everything and its unplayable.

I just disabled auto updater on Steam, which i knew sooner. Is there a way to roll back the patch? That probably would have to uninstall the game and start over anyway. Infact the game was running perfectly well for me in the last couple weeks, all i have to say is if itsnt broken, dont fix it!!!

Nope, you cannot uninstall the update. Furthermore, when you reinstall civ it will automatically get the update. So that's no option either.

About disabling auto-updater: doesn't work. I even did that (because I wanted to prevent these things in my save game) but it still downloaded it. The only difference was that it now updated only when I hit 'play game' instead of doing it in the background.

The only option is to go offline with steam. However, that's already too late now, since the patch is already downloaded.

Well said. This reminds me, why I absolutely hated steam 4 years ago. Now I got used to it, but ruining my Civ5 without even asking will be remembered...

That why i didnt like having games connected to Steam, incase something goes wrong. What if Steam disappeared, go out of business or poofed? Well, that wont be pretty either.

I still think it a bad idea having a game that require Steam to play, if they get hacked or shut off, then we all be upset over this.

Anyway i believe this have something to do with upcoming Brave New Worlds Expansion and i am not interesting in it.

Believe this what cause the game to hang...

http://www.shacknews.com/article/80001/civilization-v-patch-adding-pitboss-mode

The patch brings loads of other fine changes, especially to multiplayer, so do check the notes. It's due out later today, and should update automatically through Steam.

From what I have read and seen in my games, the only way to dodge this bug is to preempt the games diplomacy a few turns in advance and make different gameplay choices!

This is a real show stopper bug and not something that is annoying or can be worked around.

True, I have tried successfully so far. But now got stack for good around 1600s...

Is there any feedback from Firaxis on this? The game seems completely broken and I wouldn't mind at all, if they could recall the patch till issues get fully resolved.

Someone mention to me in Steam that he/she wasnt having no problems at all with the new patch. So i am not sure when the last time he/she played and how long.

Mention that AIs are harder or more aggressive, but still hard to believe that this player hasnt had any problems.

After i finish downloading World of Tanks, going to uninstall Civ5, remove the folders (my document and Steam's civ 5). Then i will reboot and reinstall it, see what happen.

Top Bottom