Diplomacy issues after the patch (unresponsive UI, etc.)?

Hey,

Any idea how to solve this on a MAC? Obviously the file structure isn't the same.

Thanks.

Having the same problem, even though it'd been fixed for ages on PC, Aspyr didn't bother with the fix, and broke the Mac version after the PC fix came out.

I haven't tried applying the fix yet, but if the Windows version of the fixed Lua script will work on Mac, the place to put it would be in (note that ~ signifies your home directory): ~/Library/Application Settings/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/

...at that point, you have to go into the app, the name varies based on the version of the game you're using, in my case, it's "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings", yours may have "Brave New World" after the colon, or nothing if you're running vanilla. If you're using Finder, you'll have to right-click the app and choose "show package contents" to go into the app folder.

The rest of the path is contents/home/assets/UI/FrontEnd, so, for G&K, the full path would be ~/Library/Application Settings/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings/contents/home/assets/UI/FrontEnd

If you try replacing it, I highly recommend making a backup first, as, if Aspyr have had to tweak it for the Mac version, replacing it could make things worse, so that even new games won't work correctly.

If using finder to move the file, you may also need to show your library folder, which is hidden by default in Lion and Mountain Lion. To do so, type "chflags nohidden ~/Library/" into a terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal).

I've tried applying the Windows fix in the manner I described, and so far, I haven't had another diplo crash, or any other strangeness, aside from unit promotion icons being displayed slightly too far to the right, under the border of the unit's box...but that may well be unrelated.

I believe this means the Windows fix also works for Mac.

I am having similiar problem on my mac. Persia asks if I would like to join them to war with the Ottomans. At that point any response lights up when I select it but nothing happens. Also on existing games the screen will come up with the map but no command windows. Again on existing games. Like others I put a lot of effort in this game and hate to loose it. I have been playing god and kings since it came out on my mac and never had any issues, not the slightest. Everything worked perfect, now I can't finish my game. It is very disappointing.

It is my opinion patch 1.0.1.994(111985) was put in way premature. Where is the quality control?

Vriesea

We've seen some users posting that Diplo is acting strangely in existing saves (unresponsive diplo buttons,etc.). Has anyone seen this in fresh games, or is this only occurring in existing saves?

For existing saves, please post them here so we can take a look, along with a descrip of the problem.

Thanks!

UPDATE

Our engineering lead would like to see if this fixes the issue for you with your current save games experiencing issues. Back-up the current file located within the Civ V folder (mine is located here):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\UI\FrontEnd\LoadScreen.lua

And then unzip and copy in the attached replacement file.

Please let us know if this takes care of the issue for you.

This did not fix the problem for me. In fact, after I replaced the file, as instructed above, and started the game, it said that I have no saved games(!!!???!!!), and the back button would not work. I had to Control-Alt-Del to get out of the game! I had been playing Civ V with no problems up to the patch in March, which screwed up the graphics. I replaced 4 files at that point(a fix that I found on these forums), then it worked fine until a few weeks ago when another patch was automatically downloaded via Steam. Now I have this diplomacy problem that seemingly can't be fixed. I'd love to get the new expansion, but with the problems of the last few patches to the game, I'm quickly losing any faith that new updates/patches will be bug-free. Disappointed to say the least.

I am constantly running into this bug - is there a fix/patch for the game when running directly under Mountain Lion without using Steam?

Thanks

Gloom--the fix should be the same as for the Steam version, just the location that you need to put the file will be different.

With respect to the Civ V app, however, it should be the same, so if you right-click the app, and choose "show contents", you should be able to fix it by placing the file in contents/home/assets/UI/FrontEnd. Remember to back up the original in case the fix breaks stuff for you, since I see one person above stating it caused problems for them. (I'm suffering from a couple of the well-known bugs in recent versions, and occasionally getting a great person named TXT_KEY_GREAT_GENERAL..., but nothing that I think was due to replacing this fille.)

Thanks, Verbatim9.

I have made the switch and will now se what happens :)

An update: The patch certainly resolved the bug in the save game I tried it on. All of a sudden I was able to tell Wu to get lost which I could not before :)

for those getting a diplomacy screen crash do this to fix it works 100%:
Change Leaderhead Quality
From the main menu, go to options.
Go to video settings.
Change Leader Scene Quality to low.
Information Leaders will not be animated.
Fix Disable Leaderheads
Open %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini
Change LeaderHead = 0 to LeaderHead = 1.
Save your changes.
Information Leader screens will be blank.

Whenever the AI's turns are being processed, and an AI starts diplomacy with me, the globe-cursor stays.

• It seems to work like the normal arrow-cursor, which means that I can still click things with the upper left corner of it.
  • I started the game with version 1.0.3.144.
  • My save and dxdiag: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fqms4j2pq42mrjt/BSLpV-2fn6/CiV5
  • The loadscreendiplo fix didn't help.
  • I haven't tried Death_Slayer77's proposal.

EDIT: The problem persisted on my Win7x64 Laptop with the same game.

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Here's a workaround for this annoying bug: Pretend that the globe is a pointer. In other words, place the upper left edge of the globe where you would normally place the tip of the pointer, then click. Hope that helps!

We've seen some users posting that Diplo is acting strangely in existing saves (unresponsive diplo buttons,etc.). Has anyone seen this in fresh games, or is this only occurring in existing saves?

For existing saves, please post them here so we can take a look, along with a descrip of the problem.

Thanks!

UPDATE

Our engineering lead would like to see if this fixes the issue for you with your current save games experiencing issues. Back-up the current file located within the Civ V folder (mine is located here):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\UI\FrontEnd\LoadScreen.lua

And then unzip and copy in the attached replacement file.

Please let us know if this takes care of the issue for you.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this fix! Totally worked for me!
I just started back with Civ V:BNW and ran into the diplomacy bug. I knew the first place to check was here. One of the best communities on the web, hands down! :goodjob:

Top Bottom