Diplomacy issues after the patch (unresponsive UI, etc.)?

Worked like a charm for me! Many thanks and well done for your fast response!

PS The savegame I posted above was related to a game started after the new patch.

Thanks Prinz. I checked all the saves in this thread, and it looks like it corrects all of them.

Major kudos to Firaxis for fixing this so promptly, especially considering that it's just a day before a major holiday. We really appreciate it.

Thanks for this quick fix. Just one question: after finishing this game and before starting a new one (now with the patch installed) should I replace the file with the original one (i.e. the one that was downloaded with the patch)?

Oh, and does this also save the problems like the CPU become quite busy all the time (but still keeps the quick change of turns), the problem of the scoreboard overlaying the messages and the cursor globe all the time (sorry, I have no time today to test it anymore)?

Thank you dshirk. I haven't done the fix yet but it looks like it will work. You have saved my, at long last, soon to be first King level win.

Thanks for this quick fix. Just one question: after finishing this game and before starting a new one (now with the patch installed) should I replace the file with the original one (i.e. the one that was downloaded with the patch)?

Oh, and does this also save the problems like the CPU become quite busy all the time (but still keeps the quick change of turns), the problem of the scoreboard overlaying the messages and the cursor globe all the time (sorry, I have no time today to test it anymore)?

You can leave this file in place. This addresses the diplo issues, and the cursor issues. The CPU will thank you as well, as before it was processing all AI turns at the same time. our CPU will still be worked, but not quite like it was.

You can leave this file in place. This addresses the diplo issues, and the cursor issues. The CPU will thank you as well, as before it was processing all AI turns at the same time. our CPU will still be worked, but not quite like it was.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply :goodjob:! I assume this will also made available via steam sometime (i.e. when I install civ again do I have to remember to change this file)?

Works perfectly. Thank you dshirk and Firaxis team.

It is fitting, that on America's birthday weekend, you have saved a soon to be great Scientific Victory for America. America - f yeah.

Blah! So I hit a diplo hang... closed out... checked here and got the patch.... went to my autosaves (every 5 turns for me)... and found out that I was seemingly ages behind where I started.... still a war to finish when I had been well past that... :sigh:

So I started a new game with the new lua.... and now everytime my warrior fights a battle the screen hangs on "Unit needs orders" for about 10 seconds before moving to "Next Turn"... and I can't find a way to bypass it in-game...

Anyone else seeing this?

The unresponsive diplo screen fix has worked for me, but there is another, smaller issue that has arisen after the July 2nd patch. the single player score list seems to have undergone some changes (it now highlights the player whose turn it is). However, the overlay is placed on top of any notifications you get at the beginning of the turn so, as a result, if you get a long list of notifications you cannot click on the top ones without scrolling down and removing the notifications from the bottom of the list first.

I don't remember what it was like for me previously, but I never had this problem so I guess the notifications simply appeared on top of the score overlay?

anyone else having this issue?

Notifications always were below the scoreboard. Start "reading"/right/clicking them from the bottom, not from the top ;)

I do not like the new scoreboard though, all players look like they've been eliminated. They really should be better visible.

Well I loaded the LoadScreen.lua, it fixed it for a while but the bug is back :(

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    894.5 KB · Views: 245
The patch worked for me as well, for 15 turns, but then a strange bug popped up: every time I moved a particular unit two or three spaces the game crashed, completely shutting down. Possibly this has nothing to do with the other issue, but I've played a lot and never see it happen before. At first I thought it was a fluke, but I've reloaded ten times and experimented with different choices. One time I had him do nothing, and the game was fine. But all the other attempts, including moving different directions and attacking or not attacking, result in a complete crash.

The patch worked for me as well, for 15 turns, but then a strange bug popped up: every time I moved a particular unit two or three spaces the game crashed, completely shutting down. Possibly this has nothing to do with the other issue, but I've played a lot and never see it happen before. At first I thought it was a fluke, but I've reloaded ten times and experimented with different choices. One time I had him do nothing, and the game was fine. But all the other attempts, including moving different directions and attacking or not attacking, result in a complete crash.

Would love to take a look at the save, along with the repro steps. Thanks!

Would love to take a look at the save, along with the repro steps. Thanks!

Here is the file, but I suspect you might be able to figure out what is going on with some added information I just realized as I was preparing to reply.

The troublesome Rifleman is in the extreme lower left corner of the map. Seeing this I realized that while I might have claimed in my original post that I tried moving him in all directions the truth was that I only tried seven or eight different ways of approaching where I wanted to go, the island to the southwest. When I tried heading back east there was no problem, and that seems to be the solution as far as continuing the game. But I was curious and tried things like going north first and then west, and it seems every time the problem occurs when he reaches the western edge of the world. Other units have crossed over and back with no problems.

Attachments

• Kamehameha_0335 AD-1915.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 244
We've seen some users posting that Diplo is acting strangely in existing saves (unresponsive diplo buttons,etc.). Has anyone seen this in fresh games, or is this only occurring in existing saves?

For existing saves, please post them here so we can take a look, along with a descrip of the problem.

Thanks!

UPDATE

Our engineering lead would like to see if this fixes the issue for you with your current save games experiencing issues. Back-up the current file located within the Civ V folder (mine is located here):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\UI\FrontEnd\LoadScreen.lua

And then unzip and copy in the attached replacement file.

Please let us know if this takes care of the issue for you.
Fixed mine, Thanks for the prompt response!

Top Bottom