Diplomacy issues after the patch (unresponsive UI, etc.)?

We suspect this is only for existing saves, and are looking for a solution now. If anyone spots this is a fresh game, created after the patch, please provide a save, we would love to take a look.

The issue is occurring when you complete a tech on the same turn that an AI approaches you for diplo. The only work around for the time being is to reload the save, and switch the tech research for that turn, and then switch it back after the AI is clear. Not ideal at all, but should clear the issue in most cases.

We'll keep everyone posted.

The issue is occurring when you complete a tech on the same turn that an AI approaches you for diplo. The only work around for the time being is to reload the save, and switch the tech research for that turn, and then switch it back after the AI is clear. Not ideal at all, but should clear the issue in most cases.

There's a better work around for the Diplomacy crash.
Going into options and selecting "No Reward Popups" means that you can complete a tech and respond to requests for DOF in the same turn without the game hanging in the diplo screen.

Of course, there are still the problems such as the cursor remaining as a globe and blank trade renewal requests, but at least the game doesn't hang.

Note - this is a single player pre-patch saved game, G&K 1.0.3.18 + all DLC. Saves available if useful...

But it's prolly best to wait for a Firaxis fix if your saved games are in any way important...

Old save for my part.

The issue is occurring when you complete a tech on the same turn that an AI approaches you for diplo.

It does crash even if no tech is completed.
Next turn.
AI (japan) comes to the player.
Answer (AI screen stays on forever unless you press ESC)
New great marchand arrived.
Germany wants to talk to you. (no AI screen, juste dialog)
Answer.
Crash.

Save provided : http://dl.free.fr/js1iFgWWb

Old save for my part.

It does crash even if no tech is completed.
Next turn.
AI (japan) comes to the player.
Answer (AI screen stays on forever unless you press ESC)
New great marchand arrived.
Germany wants to talk to you. (no AI screen, juste dialog)
Answer.
Crash.

Save provided : http://dl.free.fr/js1iFgWWb

I think this is the wrong save. Oda has not yet been met in this save, and is not close enough to introduce themselves either. Is there another save for this?

Just started playing again sunday. Game worked fine until today where I keep getting stuck in the diplomatic screen during my current game as Germany. First I got stuck when Montezuma contacted me and with the save below in 2 turns Ceasar contacts me and I get stuck in the diplomacy screen then. (He wants to declare war on England I think). No matter what I do (press esc, click on the buttons, click randomly on the screen) it just stays stuck and I have to ctrl+alt+del my way out of the game.

I'll put the file on a temporary server and send the link via pm.

Hi,
I'm the original poster from this thread

I'm trying to attach the save file. As soon as you click next turn Catherine should ask to declare war and you'll be stuck.

I apologize if I didn't attach it correctly. I'm new to these forums. Just let me know whatever else you need. I'd really like to get back to playing, but I've been reading that some people are having the issue with new games as well so I'm just going to wait.

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    910 KB · Views: 263
Having the same sort of issues. After I load up a game I immediately am sent to a Diplo screen. I can get out of the screen just fine, but all I get is the map without any HUD elements. I cannot click/hotkey anything and have to alt-f4 to get out.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0230 AD-1600.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 203
  • AutoSave_0220 AD-1550.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Updated the original post with a file that should address the issue. Please give it a try and let me know.

When I load an autosave which the game manages to make before it crashes in this way, I'm taken straight to the diplomacy screen, as if it saves the game state a bit too soon.

I think it fixed it. I was like 5rnds away from a Diplomatic victory and could finish the game.

Please give it a try and let me know.

I had leader diplomacy screen problems reported here yesterday and your attachment solved this issue for me. However I noticed that AI turn time, which was really quick after yesterday patch, returned to it's normal state. Not a big issue. I will prefer playable game over quick turns every time, but just letting you know. :)

Thank you for quick reaction and keeping our games in progress playable. :)

Side note: When faced those problems yesterday, I tried to load autosave hoping that it will work, but when it loaded there was no UI at all, no city names, no unit icons, only map. I tested it today and it's also resolved with your fix. If you would like to take a look into that issue (maybe it's other bug, that you want to be aware of), here is download: link to autosave

Small question: Can I keep this modified lua file in my civ folder, or will it cause issues, when you'll release it through steam?

I had leader diplomacy screen problems reported here yesterday and your attachment solved this issue for me. However I noticed that AI turn time, which was really quick after yesterday patch, returned to it's normal state. Not a big issue. I will prefer playable game over quick turns every time, but just letting you know. :)

Thank you for quick reaction and keeping our games in progress playable. :)

Side note: When faced those problems yesterday, I tried to load autosave hoping that it will work, but when it loaded there was no UI at all, no city names, no unit icons, only map. I tested it today and it's also resolved with your fix. If you would like to take a look into that issue (maybe it's other bug, that you want to be aware of), here is download: link to autosave

Small question: Can I keep this modified lua file in my civ folder, or will it cause issues, when you'll release it through steam?

You can keep it there, future updates will overwrite it as needed.

The bug was the in these older saves (not new games, just older existing ones), the game mistakenly processed the AI turns all at the same time, causing everything to go wrong. This is why turn times suddenly seemed to go very fast, because the AI was not taking their turns in order. So sorry this managed to slip through.

I can confirm the patch/file works for my game (as the Germans).

I can now successfully tell Caesar to shove his proposal where the sun don't shine ;)

Yes, your replacement file worked :)

Replacement file worked for me as well. Thanks!

Worked like a charm for me! Many thanks and well done for your fast response!

PS The savegame I posted above was related to a game started after the new patch.

Top Bottom