Do Pangea maps seem off to you?

Snes

Warlord
Ever since the patch, I've occasionally rolled a Pangea map that feels way too snakey. Instead of being one huge landmass, it's one long, narrow landmass with some bulges and branches here and there. This sucks because you sometimes only have a couple of neighbors and you can get cut off really easily. I talked to a friend of mine and he's having the same issue. Did they change something with the map generation?

I think so. I preferred the old Pangea map.

A Pangaea has a minimum of 84% of land belonging to the same landmass and all civs starting on that landmass, but the shape of the continent can vary enormously. This has always been the case.
Maybe you would like something like Oval better, that has a much more pre-defined shape.
Or maybe you can install the mod 'reseed', this lets you have a peek at the map before you play it (maybe you can ask somebody else to have this peek for you, to not spoil the exact shape of the map for yourself).

I find this to be more of an annoyance on small continents than Pangaea, but I do know what you mean. I really don't like those snaky type continents with one or two tile wide peninsulas all over the place. My solution is simple, in advanced startup options set Sea Level to Low. This increases the amount of land : oceans ratio, which widens up all the terrain. Problem solved.

I've seen similar, but I figured it was just luck of the draw since I've only played 2-3 pangea games since BNW.

but the ones I've played have either been very snaky with lots of inlets and bays or utterly mountain-ridden where each civ may as well be on its own island because they're surrounded by mountains.

Top Bottom