Do we have other board games to discuss?

You can find a nice flash tutorial here.

(A second tutorial spoken by the 4-year-old son of the designer is here :) )

Interesting. I'd be willing to try it sometime. However, I don't think it could ever replace chess in my heart.

I'm a contract bridge player, and a coach. I would be more than happy to meet some bridge mate there. : )

Hey I can play Bridge! Any good online sites?

Interesting. I'd be willing to try it sometime. However, I don't think it could ever replace chess in my heart.
Yeah, chess has a special place in my heart as well (I wouldnt call tactics being dominant a drawback) - but this game is great fun too!
(Thanks g!zmo for introducing this!)

Acol I think ;)

I'll PM you.

I was a keen Tablut player for several decades. It's the most modern (c18) variant of the pre-chess (in the west) tafl games. Five years ago I found I was spending 2 hours every night on it and gave it up!

I play Cities & Knights of Catan (mostly online on games.asobrain.com). I'm also a big fan of card games, especially the little known "Oh Hell" (the "Get Fred" variant evidently).

I like Cities and Knights of Catan (online) too because one real life friend dont like it and veto's it down :( Too bad the registration is closed on asobrain.

Oh that's a shame (that registration is closed), I wonder why. Last time I went it did seem like there were fewer people on than usual.

I've gotten into the Dominion series lately. More of a card than board game but fun. I also played Power Grid recently which I liked (Ticket to Ride was ok too).

I'm a contract bridge player, and a coach. I would be more than happy to meet some bridge mate there. : )

Even with an entire daily section of bridge right next to the comics in the newspaper, I have yet to even understand the basics of contract bridge? Who is North? Who is South? How do you win tricks? What's the point of tricks? Congrats on actually making sense on that.

Anyone here ever played Fortress America? I spent a huge amount of money for it, and when I tried to play it with my family, my dad ragequited after the second turn. We never touched it again... :sad: (I was America, he was the Soviets, my sister was the Latin Americans, and my mon was the Asians)

Top Bottom