Do we need to download Babylon when Civ5 is unlocked?

marioflag

History Addict
For anyone which has preordered and already has preloaded civ5 deluxe edition on steam; do you find any file which is related to Babylon or its leader?

If not does it mean that we have to download Babylon when civ5 is released?

Babylon is not part of the Deluxe Edition pre-load. So yes, this means that, when the game is unlocked, the Deluxe Edition will download additional files pertaining to Babylon. I suspect, though I'm not sure, that everybody will receive these files, but that they'll be locked for non-Deluxe Edition players (otherwise, it would be impossible for Deluxe Edition players to play online with non-Deluxe Edition players).

Babylon is not part of the Deluxe Edition pre-load. So yes, this means that, when the game is unlocked, the Deluxe Edition will download additional files pertaining to Babylon. I suspect, though I'm not sure, that everybody will receive these files, but that they'll be locked for non-Deluxe Edition players (otherwise, it would be impossible for Deluxe Edition players to play online with non-Deluxe Edition players).

Thank you for the answer.

The soundtrack and behind the scene video will be downloaded when it unlocks as well?

The soundtrack and behind the scene video will be downloaded when it unlocks as well?

Probably, if thats what happens with Babylon.

I ordered from D2D, and have since pre-loaded, but just have a simple question. On my Key page for D2D it said "Civ V Deluxe", then on steam it just says Civ V. I dont need to be paranoid and think I got screwed, right? Does everyone else who bought the Deluxe also just say Civ V, and not Civ V Deluxe? Thanks!:goodjob:

I ordered from D2D, and have since pre-loaded, but just have a simple question. On my Key page for D2D it said "Civ V Deluxe", then on steam it just says Civ V. I dont need to be paranoid and think I got screwed, right? Does everyone else who bought the Deluxe also just say Civ V, and not Civ V Deluxe? Thanks!:goodjob:

I doubt that you need to be paranoid. Even if there was some sort of mix-up, it's something that would be resolved within a couple of days, I'm sure.

Im for sure, that with right button on civ5 on steam (when released) , there will be a DLC tab, with babylon bonus. This is normal in steamworks games wich cdkeys can be added to steam.
And when the first dlc comes out, we will get a cdkey from D2D and after add it to steam, this will be showed on the same tab.

It's suppose to say just Civ V cause that's not the only Deluxe game i have on steam. I have Mass effect 2 Deluxe edition and it just says Mass Effect 2.

You can check in the [Screenname's Account] button on the top right of the Steam service, near the minimize, maximize, and exit buttons. Click it, and it will list your account history - what you bought and for how much, as well as what games you've registered with Steam. Civilization V Deluxe Edition should be listed somewhere.

Seeing as all the game's music is already in the %CIV5%\Assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music folder, I'm not sure exactly what the soundtrack is supposed to be...

(And checking this folder, I see that the music is OggVorbis. Thanks for that, Firaxis!)

Seeing as all the game's music is already in the %CIV5%\Assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music folder, I'm not sure exactly what the soundtrack is supposed to be...

(And checking this folder, I see that the music is OggVorbis. Thanks for that, Firaxis!)
Could be the sound track is in the form of a series of MP3's or even an ISO people can burn onto a CD themselves

If you have auto-updates on, all DLC you have on your game will be downloaded automatically if its not done so already.

Is there a way to buy Babylonia civ if you have just the standard version of the game?

Or is it, you have to pay a hundred bucks for the deluxe version, to get Babylon?

Is there a way to buy Babylonia civ if you have just the standard version of the game?

Or is it, you have to pay a hundred bucks for the deluxe version, to get Babylon?

Standard = $50
Deluxe = $60
Special = $100

The Deluxe edition includes Babylon. Ironically, the more expense Special edition does not. So you're basically spending 10 bucks for Babylon. Obviously this may be subject to change based on your country.

I'm guessing Babylon will eventually be released as an individual DLC.

Standard = $50
Deluxe = $60
Special = $100

The Deluxe edition includes Babylon. Ironically, the more expense Special edition does not. So you're basically spending 10 bucks for Babylon. Obviously this may be subject to change based on your country.

I'm guessing Babylon will eventually be released as an individual DLC.

I will spend $60 then, thanks alot for the info! The first time I am going to buy the disc, so I will have to wait for the DLC for Babylon. I am sure they will be trying to sell it.

I will spend $60 then, thanks alot for the info! The first time I am going to buy the disc, so I will have to wait for the DLC for Babylon. I am sure they will be trying to sell it.

No problem. Although I should also note: we have no idea how much Babylon will cost when it's released individually. IF it's released individually. Although the price difference between Deluxe and standard is 10 dollars, that 10 dollars also gives you a making-of video and a soundtrack (neither of which are a big deal, in my opinion). If I had to guess, a Babylon DLC would cost 5 dollars.

No problem. Although I should also note: we have no idea how much Babylon will cost when it's released individually. IF it's released individually. Although the price difference between Deluxe and standard is 10 dollars, that 10 dollars also gives you a making-of video and a soundtrack (neither of which are a big deal, in my opinion). If I had to guess, a Babylon DLC would cost 5 dollars.

Yes, I hope it's not too much. Buying a civ with real money, amazing! Will we have to pay for extra official mods and units, etc too?

Yes, I hope it's not too much. Buying a civ with real money, amazing! Will we have to pay for extra official mods and units, etc too?

If they are official, I doubt they will be free.

Though I don't see Firaxis making any mods for the game. It'll probably be a relatively regular stream of minor DLCs (civs, scenarios, maps) and then expansions every year or so.

Top Bottom