[RD] Do 'woke' films go broke? (from LGBTQ news)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardnaar

Deity
But I've been told "Go woke, go broke" you see... and IT RHYMES! So it MUST be correct!

It's more in relation to movies which is where the phrase is from.

Can't really alienate 40%+ of domestic market so kinda true.

You do realize all of this stuff is verifiable, right?

2023 Domestic Box Office

2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse $358,957,690
3. Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 $357,715,406
and 4. The Little Mermaid $289,863,916

So... um... no?

(#1 at the domestic B.O. is still Super Mario Bros. at $573,800,835. I don't know if anybody knows what's going on there. :lol: )

Hey fellas, are numbers woke? Is it woke to believe 60 is bigger than 40

(Also btw 40% of the population is not invested in insane antiwoke garbage, it's probably closer to 4% that thinks being anti-woke is cool)

Sadly, it's that 4% who are vastly over-represented in US federal and state government right now.

Sadly, it's that 4% who are vastly over-represented in US federal and state government right now.

That is correct, thanks to our insane(ly genius, according to absolute lunatics) electoral system.

Oh and don't forget another 2% or so who could care less about wokeness or any "woke" issue but would gladly join the antiwoke grift for a few bucks

Hey fellas, are numbers woke? Is it woke to believe 60 is bigger than 40

(Also btw 40% of the population is not invested in insane antiwoke garbage, it's probably closer to 4% that thinks being anti-woke is cool)

How many people voted for Trump 47%

Go's other way if you make a hard conservative type movie you instantly lose a similar number.

You do realize all of this stuff is verifiable, right?

2023 Domestic Box Office

2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse $358,957,690
3. Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 $357,715,406
and 4. The Little Mermaid $289,863,916

So... um... no?

(#1 at the domestic B.O. is still Super Mario Bros. at $573,800,835. I don't know if anybody knows what's going on there. :lol: )

Spiderman not particularly woke and its faithful to comics.

Guardians not particularly woke either and it's tied to MCU that people like. Compare some recent MCU movies. GotG only one that's done well.

TLM cost over 200 million plus marketing. Also compare it with Aladdin or Lion King.

Get woke go broke in movie land doesn't mean it has minorities or whatever in it more it's to preachy often sub par because its either pushing "woke" to gard or inserting it where it doesn't belong eg 80's remake.

How many of those 47% would actually refuse to watch your wOkE AgENdA movie? A good chunk of them are the type of "moderate" conservative who doesn't actually care about the culture war stuff but they don't like paying taxes or they're "both sides are bad so vote Republican" types or something like that, and even among the ones who do say "woKe AgEnDa BaD" a lot of them won't actually bother to keep up the boycott once <insert current outrage> dies down, and some number of them would have never watched the movie in the first place regardless of its politics.

Get woke go broke in movie land doesn't mean it has minorities or whatever in it more it's to preachy often sub par because its either pushing "woke" to gard or inserting it where it doesn't belong eg 80's remake.

For the type of people who like going on about "Get woke go broke" having minorities in the lead roles is absolutely what they mean by "get woke"

TLM cost over 200 million plus marketing.
So did both the other movies listed.

There was nothing "inserted" into The Little Mermaid that wasn't "inserted" into other high-profile releases. The biggest online drama about it, was, in fact, about minorities. You can't say on one hand "doesn't mean it has minorities" and then go on a tangent to try and explain the reaction to a movie where a lot of the backlash was due to a black woman in the role.

Spiderman was afrolatino and Gwen was trans in the newest Spider-Man movie. Like faithfulness to the comic book or no, that’s like, the definition of “going woke,” for conservatives that Get Mad about that sort of thing. And they did get mad! They were whining about it for weeks

So did both the other movies listed.

There was nothing "inserted" into The Little Mermaid that wasn't "inserted" into other high-profile releases. The biggest online drama about it, was, in fact, about minorities. You can't say on one hand "doesn't mean it has minorities" and then go on a tangent to try and explain the reaction to a movie where a lot of the backlash was due to a black woman in the role.

She replaced a white women in the role hence woke part. Race swapping gets then riled up often has an effect on movies box office.

You can usually predict what movies will do well based on a checklist.

Spiderman was afrolatino and Gwen was trans in the newest Spider-Man movie. Like faithfulness to the comic book or no, that’s like, the definition of “going woke,” for conservatives that Get Mad about that sort of thing. And they did get mad! They were whining about it for weeks

Idk I don't follow that type of dumb stuff.
Here about the bigger movies ir NCU shows.

Pick . . . one?

Across the Spider-verse is a big movie, lol.

Relative to its budget. Its also a good movie.

The bog problem with a lot of "woke" movies I'd they're bad. The "representation" is often hamfisted and bad writing.

So even if you're not a foam8ng at the mouth right winger "woke" is often short hand for a bad movie and you see tge box office results.

I don't think The Marvel's is going to do that well relative to its budget and a nain MCU movie.

Relative to its budget. Its also a good movie.

The bog problem with a lot of "woke" movies I'd they're bad. The "representation" is often hamfisted and bad writing.

So even if you're not a foam8ng at the mouth right winger "woke" is often short hand for a bad movie and you see tge box office results.

I don't think The Marvel's is going to do that well relative to its budget and a nain MCU movie.

Well now you're just giving us a tautology

"I'm defining woke as bad so woke is bad"

Not even remotely close lmao

I meant the ones that turned up.

Hilary bear him by 7 million votes iirc.

Main point is if you're a big budget movie you cant really piss off 30-40% of the country. That goes both ways.

idk dude kinda sounds to me like you’re saying if a movie is woke and bad it does poorly and if it’s woke and good it does well, so what distinction exactly is woke serving in that equation?

There's been a few high profile woke flops.

Internet melts down people accuse you of being sone sort of ist.

Things calm down and then people federally admit xyz was actually bad or average.

You see this with MCU/Star Wars.

You can basically make a checklist of "woke" stereotypes in movies. More boxes get check higher chance movie floor or TV show has low viewership.

Having a PoC/LGBTQ lead by itself isn't gonna tank but shifty writing, card board cut out characters tgst tend to go with it will.

Hollywood was using the "woke" patt to cover up bad writing and wooden acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom