Does whiskey cure a sore throat?

Well i conducted a scientific ezxperiment invcolving whisky tonight and it went awell i think. My throat only hurst a little bit and i got extremely drunk :D

BCLG100 said:
Well i conducted a scientific ezxperiment invcolving whisky tonight and it went awell i think. My throat only hurst a little bit and i got extremely drunk :D

Welcome back to the forums. Let's see which one of us spell better while drunk ;)

You spelt whisky right to begin with.

Kan' Sharuminar said:
Welcome back to the forums. Let's see which one of us spell better while drunk ;)

You spelt whisky right to begin with.

Nice to be here, ah we could do that or we could do the who pulled ;)

And my spelling is frankly awesome and yes this post took like 2 mins for me to type :p

BCLG100 said:
Nice to be here, ah we could do that or we could do the who pulled ;)

And my spelling is frankly awesome and yes this post took like 2 mins for me to type :p

We're both back on CFC, ergo we both lose.

And I have perfected speed-posting/spelling while drunk...

You win. :lol:

Kan' Sharuminar said:
We're both back on CFC, ergo we both lose.

And I have perfected speed-posting/spelling while drunk...

You win. :lol:

What happens in the club stays in the club...... :D

what did i win at though?

Sidhe said:
This is a totally personal theory but doesn't whiskey kill the cells on the lining of the throat to some extent, would this not also help to ease the pain, also because alcahol has a strong dehydrating property wouldn't it also help to reduce swelling, again just a thought, I'm not quoting from Jack Daniels bumper book of familly medicine or anything :)

When I have a sore throat I have tried brandy, whiskey or whatever even though I'm not a big spirits drinker and it did seem to help, even though I didn't go on to get toasted, placebo maybe but whatever works right?

That's nice. :)

i conducted the experiment tonight using diesal and guiness, my throat actually hurts a bit more so that leads to the conclusion that straight spirits are the way to go!

Top Bottom