Doing too well = WWX?

Llewen

Warlord
I'm doing really well in a game, and suddenly it seems like all of my a.i. opponents have decided to declare war on me. Is this typical? Does the a.i. start declaring war on you if you get too far out in front of everyone else? Just as an aside, they are declaring war on me even though I am well ahead in terms of power, and their attitude toward me is positive.

I'm also in a situation where my opponents won't capitulate, even though they may be down to their last city and unit, and they aren't a vassal to any other leader. It seems to be happening with all my opponents right now. I can get them to sue for peace, but they won't capitulate. It also isn't a situation where they have been my vassals and I have demanded tribute they weren't willing to pay, none of these opponents have ever been a vassal.

It depends. How well are you doing? Are you about to complete the Alter? or perhaps a tower of Mastery victory? The AI tends to stop caring about previous relations when you get really close to that type of victory.

Also, are you doing a bunker tech - by that I mean are you just sticking with very few units and quickly teching up and thus have a power advantage based on unit strength, and not numbers? I've done this a few times (mostly with the Dural), and even if I have champions, and the enemy only has a bunch of axemen, they've declared war on me, and en masse too.

The non-capitulation thing could be a result of the first scenario I described, however, it does sound a bit strange. Someone who is familiar with how the AI is coded might be able to help you :)

It depends. How well are you doing? Are you about to complete the Alter? or perhaps a tower of Mastery victory? The AI tends to stop caring about previous relations when you get really close to that type of victory.

Also, are you doing a bunker tech - by that I mean are you just sticking with very few units and quickly teching up and thus have a power advantage based on unit strength, and not numbers? I've done this a few times (mostly with the Dural), and even if I have champions, and the enemy only has a bunch of axemen, they've declared war on me, and en masse too.

The non-capitulation thing could be a result of the first scenario I described, however, it does sound a bit strange. Someone who is familiar with how the AI is coded might be able to help you :)

I'm doing really well. My score is three or four times my closest rival and I've built most of the wonders that have been built. I'm way ahead in tech and I've got a significant power advantage both in numbers and in unit strength. I've still got two or three altars left to go.

And finally I had another leader capitulate. What is odd is the ones that have capitulated have been the strongest ones. The really weak ones haven't been capitulating.

I think I finally figured out what was going on. I had forgotten that I had turned on aggressive a.i. It's a real toss up with that one. It seems like the game can get pretty boring if you don't have it on, but when you do the a.i. behaves in some pretty incomprehensible ways...

Yeah, do not use it. They act really stupid, and common bts mechanism "build tons of units without teching" is not working here. In the "war" state AI do not build useful buildings and their research rate suffers, thus this option is a real AI-killer.

Top Bottom