Doomed Galactic Journey (Game Thread)

"I have one sole motive, and that is to root out all dangers to this craft that may exist, and land it safely. That SMG constitutes a danger, in my optic, and needs to be gotten rid of. You suddenly wanting a weapon when I have no handfast proof of your innocence makes me suspcious - would it not have made you suspicious if I had wanted to claim it "for protection for someone who needs it"? I think so.

And I am glad you keep your end of the bargain, now that I have kept mine and made sure Benny Lava lives still. I had expected no less of you, even when faced with accusations.

Now, why do you really want that SMG, Renata? I am not stupid enough to vote it to you in return for a promise of it being forwarded to someone who needs it. Who needs it? And why does someone need it that desperately? To murder the rest of the ships crew?"

I would have thought that would be obvious. The person who found out about Abgar -- the only person, if we are wrong about PaulusIII, who has any realistic chance of determining for certain who should be killed tomorrow. Those of us who have been scanned innocent know who that person is, and I'd ask them to back me up on this if it wouldn't give half the game away to do so.

And I know you know there is someone still alive who has that ability, Diamondeye, because I told you myself that there was.

I don't know why we're arguing about this. It's not going to change anything today, and this may all be moot come the evening.

"If you are in doubt of my dedication to getting this vessel safely home, I would suggest you asking this person whether I can be trusted, then. Once you've found out I can be trusted, you can tell me everything. I would prefer to know what is going on on this ship, after all.

I'll let doubt give you the benefit, Renata, and withdraw my vote for you and place it with PaulusIII instead, not that it changes anything..."

Given the discussion above I agree to give the Air Tank to Vanguard

On the contrary, with the exception of the early beheadings, I don't think any of the deaths were done with weapons at all. Wouldn't it be a good idea for innocents to be able to defend themselves?

Its very likely that the beheadings were done by the android The13thRonin, without a weapon. After he was destroyed we didn't find a weapon.

Public Posting Closed, Update will be coming soon.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Evening 6

With a lot of voting to do, the remaining passengers had to get to work. Almost immediately, accusations against Marius Danhavi (PaulusIII) poured out, with Renata briefly obtaining one execution vote. By the end of the day, the decision was unanimous against Danhavi. However, there were other things to deal with before any execution would happen.

The battery and crate of chemicals was voted towards Melvin (Love), the oxygen to Vanguard (Diamondeye), the synthesizer to LightFang, and the SMG to Renata. While some item votes were controversial (such as the SMG vote), they went fairly quickly. However, after the usual secret votes came in, the synthesizer would no longer go to LightFang, but would instead leave the ship all together. Also, the SMG would be removed.

Full Results

After item distribution and ejection, it was time to execute Marius Danhavi. When Vanguard and a few others went to find him, he was communicating via some sort of device to someone outside the ship, despite the fact that regular communication devices don’t work while in warp drive. He was muttering something about missiles, but when he saw everyone come in, he pressed a button and ran out of his room. The device exploded into millions of tiny shards. However, the explosion was small enough that nobody was hurt.

Convinced that Marius was trying to escape, Vanguard pulled out his pistol and fired at Marius multiple times, killing him fairly quickly. Once this was done, he went to inspect the audio files of Marius Danhavi’s room, but they were jumbled up. However, there was enough information to determine:

Spoiler :
Marius Danhavi (PaulusIII) was a member of the Space Pirate Thieves’ Guild!

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 55 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 395 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (1 day to go)
Oxygen Remaining: None (18h Since Total Oxygen Depletion)

It is now night! Morning in ~24 hours.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Morning 6

In the early hours of the morning, everyone on the ship heard two explosions, almost simultaneous but still separate. Of course, this was cause for investigation. Everyone came out of their rooms to search the ship for anything peculiar. First of all, they found that one of the explosions took place in Melvin’s (Love) room, and all that remained of him was shattered android parts.

Spoiler :
Melvin (Love) was innocent.

A few people managed to retrieve a crate of chemicals and a Vlatixan SMG from the wreckage, but the batteries could not be retrieved. (Also, Marius Danhavi had 30 hours of oxygen left in his Oxygen Tank which must be voted on as well.)

A few minutes later, the group discovered the second explosion site: the defense systems. They were significantly damaged, though can still be used, just in case the landing doesn’t go as planned. In fact, the computer systems are calling for two votes to place people in the gun turrets to prepare for the landing (Must be different people). There are three guns, but Vanguard (Diamondeye) has already stepped up to control one of them.

Before everyone started their voting, the computer screens had to do their usual business:

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 20 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 430 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (Landing Predicted this Afternoon)
Oxygen Remaining: None (30h Since Total Oxygen Depletion)

It is now day! Cast your votes! Evening in ~48 hours.

The right people to man the turrets are Pte. T. B. Williams(e350tb) and I(Aanya Eck), considering we are the remaining Vlataxian Guards.

Yes, myself and rhawn on the guns.

Now, Diamondeye, I'd like you to answer to my accusations.

OOC: What happens when we execute Vaguard tonite? Do we have only 2 turrents?

I would much prefer the turrets to go to people who have been scanned innocent already. When Luke Skywalker can use one, we can surely too.

And even a badly used turret is more useful then one used against us by a member of the pirates.

Therefore since several people jknow about the results of scans, it should be save for some of them to stand up and call names. That would give us much better chance to identify the correct person by trial and to give all the Equipment to trustworthy people.

OOC: What happens if we execute Vaguard tonite? Do we have only 2 turrents?

Fixed. It'd be a bad idea, honestly. IC:

"Okay, I see accusations are flying once again... And I will attempt to explain something; In addition to being the executor, the captain of the craft also gets detailed info on the ship status each morning, like the scientists do, and is allowed to call certain votes up for calls. Removing quarantine was one of those options. I was also allowed to pick one of the three people who had to man the guns upon landing.

Now, there are two important things here; the gunners must be innocent, and they must be strong enough to keep any eventual threats from taking over the turret control."

He pauses for a short while, before continuing the explanation:
"Naturally, I picked myself for one of the towers - I'm strong, and I am the only one I can trust 100% to be innocent. For the other two gunners, I would propose Aanya Eck and Renata. Aanya is strong, and Renata is innocent. She can have the SMG to keep any rebels out of her tower.

I say we vent the chemicals this time, and give Renata the remaining oxygene, just to avoid her choking in her tower. Aanya, am I right that you do not require the oxygene?

As for executions, I really do not have enough info at the moment, so I'll vote against E350tb to keep the gunners alive."

"I'd volunteer for one of the turrets. It's not like I'll be running out of oxygen any time or tire. the other one? Renata I'd guess.

to minimize danger coming from within the ship I'd vent both the SMG and the chemicals. do with the oxygen as you please."

I have 18 hours left of oxygen.

"That'll do. Once we reach Nova Vlatixa, the ship can filter oxygene from the outside air. If anyone has less than six hours of oxygene left, please speak up."

"Okay, I see accusations are flying once again... And I will attempt to explain something; In addition to being the executor, the captain of the craft also gets detailed info on the ship status each morning, like the scientists do, and is allowed to call certain votes up for calls. Removing quarantine was one of those options. I was also allowed to pick one of the three people who had to man the guns upon landing.

Ok sounds fair. Then answer me one question. Why did you never put returning to old earth onto the floor, when it was clear from the very beginning, that we would loose a lot of people due to loss of oxygen when we went forward?

"While it is true that the computer suggested that option to me, I know that the scientists on board have joined the flight specifically to arrive at Nova Vlatixa. It was clear from the very start that we would lose someone, correct, but I had recieved information that we would not be allowed to exit the ship upon arriving home until all of the threats onboard had been dealt with. So either way, we were going to lose a lot of lives before finding the killers - our direction had nothing to do with that fact. I picked the favourable option: A chance of success. Would you not have done the same?"

If this is imperial policy it is a barbaric one. But nevertheless we would have been in an atmosphere and nobody would have died by suffocation. Thats six innocents who didn't even get to decide which battle to fight.
And all this only to give soime scientist there moment of glory and save on the cost of refitting the ship and trying once more in 3 month?

I believe you that you acted in best faith, but this blood is on your hands and will always be.

Renata should definitely man one of the turrents and also have the SMG.

As for the chemicals, they might be usefull to the colony. Mabe we just give them to the person we execute, so they are left open for divison tomorrow again. That way nobody can use them in the fight tonite.

PS: As Renata should be able to support I am also innocent and do not need to breathe air. And I am surely as able to defend myself as a female scientist.

Top Bottom