Double Your Pleasure

ROFL, the fact that this is site 100 makes it a prove the mod is perfect :))

btw, will the mod also work with PTW?

Originally posted by mrgenie
ROFL, the fact that this is site 100 makes it a prove the mod is perfect :))

btw, will the mod also work with PTW?

To quote an e-mail from Isak:
Hvis ikke du allerede har hørt det, så har Firaxis besluttet at vi godt må komme med på deres Best of the Net cd der bliver udgivet sammen med Civ3-Play The World her om en måneds tid.

Vi har knoklet i de sidste 14 dage for at få en PtW kompatibel version stablet på benene, og deadline ligger på søndag så vi er en smule pressede (mildt sagt)

Derfor har vi bedt nogle af PtW betatesterne afprøve om det hele virker.
>-----
"If you havent heard already, Firaxis have decided that we will be on the 'Best of the Net' cd that is to be released next month together with 'Civ3-Play the world'
We have worked hard the last 14 days to get a PtW compatible version ready and deadline is this sunday. So we are under some pressure (to put it mildly)

Therefor we have asked the PtW betatesters to acknowledge its working state."

hmm :)) I play some more this week and will let you know any bugs, but as far as I can see, there are no really big bugs, just the cityview looks odd to me :))) but who cares :)

Originally posted by mrgenie
hmm :)) I play some more this week and will let you know any bugs, but as far as I can see, there are no really big bugs, just the cityview looks odd to me :))) but who cares :)

http://civ3.bernskov.com/bugs.asp
>--QUOTE
MOVED: Bird's Eye View: None of the added improvements/wonders show up correctly on the Bird's eye view of your cities. Eventually, these might be added, but due to technical difficulties and lack of resources, they are not currently scheduled. UPDATE: As of v.1.29f, Firaxis have implied that this is not even going to be possible with the Play the World expansion, so unless we find a workaround, this may never become part of DyP (or any other mod, for that matter). :-(
(Isak)

Ok, how about this:

Submarine -> Diesel Submarine -> Attack Submarine -> Missile Submarine.

BTW, congrats to being on Play the World, guys! I'll start playing a new DYP game to see if I find anything funky.

I still vote for the U995 :)) i like german constructions :)) btw, mercedes also participated in developing the diesel engines for this submarine, and all know mercedes has the best diesel engines.

I like the "pig boat" name, but I also like submersible.

I think we need to have a run off. :)

A) representing the silly party: Pig Boat
B) from the not-so-silly party: Submersible
C) write-in not named U#### ;)
cast your votes.

Stonesfan, it looks like you are adding in another sub to the line-up. I assume the attack sub would appear at the same time as the Missile sub. The missile sub having the ability to carry Nukes and the Attack sub being faster and more lethal in every other regard. That could be interesting.

Originally posted by Kal-el

B) from the not-so-silly party: Submersible

A vote for the Submersible
"Here at Luton, it's a three-cornered fight between Alan Jones (sensible party) Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bim-whin-bim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel (silly party) and Kevin Phillips Bong (running on the sligtly silly edge)"

Kal-El - Yes, that's the way I would set it up. While Boomers (Ballistic Missile Subs) do carry torpedoes, they would likely never be used for anything other than defensive measures. Attack subs, on the other hand, use the torpedo as the primary weapon, which I'm sure everyone knows.

However, Los Angeles class Attack subs also carry Cruise missiles and Tactical Nukes, making them very versatile. Still, their main function is to sink other subs. Boomers carry missiles with a range of thousands of miles, and their main function is to hide in waiting.

Of interesting note is that both the US and Russian navies scrapped their current sub specs after WWII and adopted German designs. I always wonder where we'd be technologically if the Germans hadn't been totally defeated.

I think I'll go for Submersible too.

"Can I just butt in at this point an say that this is in fact the very first time I've ever appeared on television?"

Back to the topic of an early submarine, is it even worth the trouble? I don't think there's art for one yet anyway. Speaking from a historical standpoint, the earliest subs didn't have much of an impact.

Originally posted by Isak
I think I'll go for Submersible too.

"Can I just butt in at this point an say that this is in fact the very first time I've ever appeared on television?"
No I am sorry there isn't time

How about that YOU posted some of the interesting savegame on the web?

Originally posted by bernskov

No I am sorry there isn't time

How about that YOU posted some of the interesting savegame on the web?
Well, the ones I have saved are mostly buggy ones - I have 6 games with the bug where the AI turn never ends - not sure people would want to play those ;) But, RobO might actually have some useful stuff - anyway, no need to hesitate if anyone has any games from the late-industrial or modern ages - we (that's primarily RobO and I, I suspect) are very interested in seeing those, even if there's nothing fishy going on....

So, do we have the swing in Luton yet ?

Of course once the XP comes out, Isak will be an extremely dangerous opponent in MP after having disected all these saved games he keeps getting. ;)

OH NO

My brilliant plan has been thwarted.......

I'll get you next time, Gadget...next time.....

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.................

Originally posted by bernskov
It will not be possible to make that before this week-end anyway because I am getting married this saturday (28-sep) and my wife2be have zero tolerence in regards to computertime before that :)

Congratulations [dance] :love2: [dance]
Wives are nice, but unfortunately most of them don't appreciate the necessity and virtue of computer games.

Have a really nice marriage day!

Made it ;) :goodjob: 2000 posts in 100 pages in one thread. That has got to be a record on CFC.

And Bernskov, please don't think I posted this just to make Post # 2000 on page number 100 :D -
I really do wish you a nice marriage. And do remember to give it the attention it deserves -
but then again it was an irresistible opportunity to kill two birds with one stone :D

Top Bottom