Download and Current Changelog

totaly off-topic :D
Orbis is good but on stand by.

WM is good, but we are waiting for version 0.9, all the new cool features and lot of bug correction.

RifE just has the 1.3 version out so it should be (at the moment) the best modmod. On the otherhand, you have to disable many civs that are OP/UP in the AI hands, and add some modules from Milaga to corrects some balance shifts.
If RifE1.31 is out before WM0.9, then RifE is better if not WM is better until RifE1.31 is out.
Then they will be equals;

In conclusion all modmods are very good and flavorfull and have nice unique mechanics and are fun to play. They just have different quirks, different philosophy.

as a rough way, the only way one is better than the other is linked to ... (you followed me there) to who put out the latest patch/version. :D

Perhaps this is Off-topic, but I'm not up to date: Which of the FFH2 modmods are the best? (Content/balance/bugs)

*Cough* Sjru, I'm sure you don't mean to but it's considered really impolite to ask such questions in any of the three subforums (Orbis, Wildmana, RifE). Even more so in a sticky thread that's viewed so often.

It's better that you repost your question in the main Modmods forum instead. There are a lot of modmods available after all.

afaik orbis has not been updated for quite a while, wildmana will soon be. for the moment i think rife is best.
about stability/bugs i encounter the least here in rife. orbis had a tradition of doing some horrible bugs (for me) but thats past.
wildmana has some interesting content/features if i remember well and will improve in the next patch with some more unique stuff.
balance is a difficult question. my answer is: ffh+mods arent balanced. and it will never be, dont bother with that question and play what you like most. if youre new, try everything at least a few times and look for updates regularly.

*Cough* Sjru, I'm sure you don't mean to but it's considered really impolite to ask such questions in any of the three subforums (Orbis, Wildmana, RifE). Even more so in a sticky thread that's viewed so often..

Oh, really?, OK, thanks for the advice then... It's good for people from developed countries help people from not so advanced countries:).

(It seems that there is a disease lurking out there, too many people are coughing today)

It came as somewhat of a surprise to me. What was the rationale behind this change?

Already been answered, but basically:

We wanted to slow city growth. Not prevent it from ever reaching the same size cities, but slow the rate at which you can do so. That much has been accomplished.

Some kinks to work out, but they'll be smoothed over in 1.31.

Two reasons as far as I can tell.

1. The RifE team wanted to introduce a dynamic and interesting mechanic to limit city size and growth to something more believable for a fantasy setting. Since the unhealthy system was already in place in Civ 4 it made sense to expand that further. Seems all modmods want to slow down expansion. Orbis have 3 food per population and Wildmana is about to limit the amount of tiles that can be worked.

2. Valkrionn might consider the invention of soap to be against the princess rule. "Reality stinks!"

Number 1 is correct. Number 2 is not. :p

Perhaps this is Off-topic, but I'm not up to date: Which of the FFH2 modmods are the best? (Content/balance/bugs)

There is only one answer to that question. None of them. None of them are the best.

They are all wonderfully different, all have their own features and quirks. If you like one better than others, great! But other people will prefer a different one. Variety is good.

A semi-reliable way to break it down, though, would be:

• Orbis - Economy
  • RifE - New Content
  • Wild Mana - AI

I say semi-reliable because RifE is actively working on the AI, and Wild Mana has been busy adding new content lately. :lol:

*Cough* Sjru, I'm sure you don't mean to but it's considered really impolite to ask such questions in any of the three subforums (Orbis, Wildmana, RifE). Even more so in a sticky thread that's viewed so often.

It's better that you repost your question in the main Modmods forum instead. There are a lot of modmods available after all.

Eh, I don't really mind so long as people are polite. ;)

Eh, I don't really mind so long as people are polite. ;)
First Rule of surviving in erebus: never anger the hamster.

question:
currently there are two emergent leaders (none of them will be removed according to the table) that have the treacherous trait (namely volanna from the svartalfar , and thanatos from the scions) which one of them will keep it and which one will get something different? or will both be changed? since every trait will be unique?

There is only one answer to that question. None of them. None of them are the best.

They are all wonderfully different, all have their own features and quirks. If you like one better than others, great! But other people will prefer a different one. Variety is good.

A semi-reliable way to break it down, though, would be:

• Orbis - Economy
  • RifE - New Content
  • Wild Mana - AI

I say semi-reliable because RifE is actively working on the AI, and Wild Mana has been busy adding new content lately. :lol:

RIFE Is the heaviest of all those mods (552 mb), so I suppose this has more content than the other.
Anyways if I were you, I wouldn't neglect the AI skills so much (Add an option to make AI cheat, perhaps?)

On a side note: Why not all FFh2 modmod developers give up their proyects and join together to create a very big, full of content, bug free Rife or some of the like? (Not gonna happen, sadly)

RIFE Is the heaviest of all those mods (552 mb), so I suppose this has more content than the other.
Anyways if I were you, I wouldn't neglect the AI skills so much (Add an option to make AI cheat, perhaps?)

On a side note: Why not all FFh2 modmod developers give up their proyects and join together to create a very big, full of content, bug free Rife or some of the like? (Not gonna happen, sadly)

552 MB ?? ... huh, my RifE folder takes 1.35 GB ... :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 76

Most likely because they all have different aims - despite there being many similarities and features shared between the modmods.

If you've ever played orbis, you'll notice that it is vastly different to both wildmana, rife and FF. It's defined by its very different economy and tech system and I don't think that will ever work with the other mods, and it's probably better for it - it's unique amongst the modmods, I like it and I probably play it as much as rife :) It's also very stable and balanced as far as I'm aware.

Rife and wildmana both have a lot of similar (and not similar :p) new features, but they're implemented in different ways according to the views and ideas of the creators. Plus variety is good :)

First Rule of surviving in erebus: never anger the hamster.

question:
currently there are two emergent leaders (none of them will be removed according to the table) that have the treacherous trait (namely volanna from the svartalfar , and thanatos from the scions) which one of them will keep it and which one will get something different? or will both be changed? since every trait will be unique?

Exactly. If you do, his army of gun hamsters will find you.

As for your question: Thanatos.

We aren't neglecting them, at least anymore. For one thing, there is a dev version that has the AI not simply looking at which tech it wants next, but looking at all the techs down the line to decide whatit wants to tech. Thank Snarko. :p

And that will never happen. The various modders have very different ideas of what should and should not be added, and even when we agree we disagree on the method of implementation. A merger of the big three modmods would have to come from a separate mod team.

552 MB ?? ... huh, my RifE folder takes 1.35 GB ... :D

He meant the installer.

Most likely because they all have different aims - despite there being many similarities and features shared between the modmods.

If you've ever played orbis, you'll notice that it is vastly different to both wildmana, rife and FF. It's defined by its very different economy and tech system and I don't think that will ever work with the other mods, and it's probably better for it - it's unique amongst the modmods, I like it and I probably play it as much as rife :) It's also very stable and balanced as far as I'm aware.

Rife and wildmana both have a lot of similar (and not similar :p) new features, but they're implemented in different ways according to the views and ideas of the creators. Plus variety is good :)

Exactly. :goodjob:

WELL, they shouldnt have guns either, so i wouldnt be surprised if they had ammo too. and if they'd just worked together im sure they could get control over a ballistic missile too. thinking of some sort of giant hamster-ladder. disguised in a trenchcoat. they are amongst us!

As for your question: Thanatos.
any idea yet on what will be the change? vaguely, cryptical and generally said? :)

My favorite modmod is RifE for all the new content and flavor, but the stability issues, AI-fail, and lag bother me after a while so I also play Orbis, which also has good features that I like.

WELL, they shouldnt have guns either, so i wouldnt be surprised if they had ammo too. and if they'd just worked together im sure they could get control over a ballistic missile too. thinking of some sort of giant hamster-ladder. disguised in a trenchcoat. they are amongst us!

Pretty sure that if hamster had guns, and were organized, and had a country, and were violent like that photo, Bush/Obama would already invaded them (With an excuse that they had biological-weapons, maybe). Anyways, USA is busy preparing the invasion to Iran and North Korea.

Pretty sure that if hamster had guns, and were organized, and had a country, and were violent like that photo, Bush/Obama would already invaded them (With an excuse that they had biological-weapons, maybe). Anyways, USA is busy preparing the invasion to Iran and North Korea.
so you think theyre innocent? because they dont take any global actions? and dont attract attention?
Maybe thats what they want you to think!
think about it, dude.
and btw i wouldnt be surprised either if the whole american administration was lead by giant hamster-ladders in long trenchcoats.

and btw i wouldnt be surprised either if the whole american administration was lead by giant hamster-ladders in long trenchcoats.

No, they're lead by the Illuminati or the Lizardmens, I haven't read on the internet any conspiracy theory about hamsters or related to hamsters. If you find one, please, lend me the link, so I can check it out.

No, they're lead by the Illuminati or the Lizardmens, I haven't read on the internet any conspiracy theory about hamsters or related to hamsters. If you find one, please, lend me the link, so I can check it out.
Im afraid thats not possible, you could be one of their agents. and not finding any information on the hamsters strife for world rulership that is just stronger evidence for its truth.

If we guide with that Philosophy, that everything that lack evidence for, is true, then, I could say that the Cake is a lie (is a spy, actually), Chuck Norris is a god, and the Flying Spaguetti Monster is our creator.

i can live with that. RAmen. ;)
i'd like to be pirate, btw. or a ninja. or a ninja-pirate. from mars.

In your dreams?
Seems you've read a science fiction book recently:rolleyes:

No, really, UFO civs aren't going to be so evident to show themselves on Mars, just yet. There's still a long time until we could hijack vessels on space. Meanwhile, we can dream with books or a good Sci-fi game. (Or find and join the Illuminati/Lizardmans and ask them for a ride on space).

Oh, but still, in 2012 will come the new world order, so...
WW3 is likely to come in these days...

Well, they aren't violent, and I'm not sure on the guns, but there IS a country. Have you not been to http://hamsterrepublic.com/ before?

Top Bottom