Dr kossin Bullpen

I never bothered posting my report :)
After the barbs, it was a pretty easy game with the marble for spamming TGL+Parth+NE+HE.

Anyway, with Dr kossin #37 coming to an end (after I'm done with the bonus round examining the whipping of an army), we'll move on to Suleiman(Phi/Imp). While I'm not taking maps anymore, you can still submit ideas/suggestions.

So far we have 1 request to play another Inland_Sea map (2 if you count a comment in one of the threads).

Suleiman could handle Inland_Sea pretty well with his Imperialistic trait so maybe Alexander will get Inland_Sea.

I'm keeping Asoka for Arboria (yes... I know this is advantageous but I wanted to try it a while ago).

Only 15 leaders left... I'm amazed I made it this far!

Oh, I didn't know that with Napoleon it was pretty easy...
I think Catty should be good for this map also.

Another rarely played map is tectonic. But it's huge and it takes quite a long time to play it...
So, probably Suleiman/Tectonic and Alex/Island_map? If there is no any other suggestions.:)

You and TMIT do a great job! I think your video for deity also will be very very nice (with one of the rest 15 leaders).

Already played Cathy :D ... on Tectonics (what a sham of a map type!).

Unlike my Immortal days where I could manage TMIT-esque playtimes, playing Deity often takes 10+ hours for a single game... making it a behemoth task to undertake.

Not counting the fact that my stupid ISP limits my monthly usage of bandwidth making uploading a pain.

Oh 10 hours...It seems that you really play the games very careful.
Well, at least I wish you to play all other leaders comletely and make some post here.:)
I think this DR attract many readers to this forum.

I've generated the game for the upcoming DR kossin #38 with Suleiman, but I'd need someone to check isolation as my usual map checker is away from home for quite some time.

So if anyone feels like giving a hand, post here and I'll send you the save.

All you need to tell me is if it's isolation or not.

Can't you just play like 10-15 turns and see?

Or I'm not sure how different it is, but you could try an isolation game. I know I don't like playing them, but it might be interesting to try.

^^
Yes but then it just cancels out any discussion about the settling and opening techs. Isolation is very cruel on Deity and I'm scared to post an online report about it !

~~~

In any case, Dr kossin #38 is now up!

I'm not sure if the map for DR kossin #38 was checked for isolation or not, but in case you are still wondering:

Spoiler :
You are not isolated.

Subscribed.

kossin, I just wanted to say these are great. I'm not even in the same league as yourself and those who post suggestions, but the ideas, tips and advice are great. I sure my game will improve.

@kossin

Quick question concerning an early game, the Mehmed game. I like that you showcased the gifting of Mass Media for a diplo win - pretty cool. I was wondering if it's even worth it to try it when the human has a strong tech lead and has to wait for the other Civs to catch up. At higher levels, you are pretty much at tech parity with the AI Civs. I'm going to test it in my current game - I'm on a continent with a vassal and 2 friendly Civs. We've met the other continent, which are a little backwards. I know that if I go up against one these Civs, I'd win Diplo no problem.

So say I gift all the techs required for the AI to build the UN. How would I know they would even build the UN? Is it programed that if an AI has Mass Media, they build the UN?

I know I'd have to make sure the AI I am gifting techs to is not a worst enemy of my friends so that could be tricky.

Any thoughts? If giving 4 or 5 techs a bad strategy in general and I'd be better off in this situation going for Space?

Most AIs can't resist building wonders.
It's only really worth gifting the techs if you are the largest pop and are relying on the vote of the 2nd largest civ to win.

You can always see via Espionage when they will attempt to build it... and a little known fact: you can use your Great Engineers to rush buildings of other civs than yours. (An added bonus of this is that you get to see what building the AI is building in said city even without espionage)

Most AIs can't resist building wonders.
It's only really worth gifting the techs if you are the largest pop and are relying on the vote of the 2nd largest civ to win.

You can always see via Espionage when they will attempt to build it... and a little known fact: you can use your Great Engineers to rush buildings of other civs than yours. (An added bonus of this is that you get to see what building the AI is building in said city even without espionage)

Thanks kossin,

Yeah, actually in my game, I am the largest. Also, I have 2 GE on standby. I'll give it a try.

Hello Kossin, I'm de-lurking to thank you for the great series; I'm a casual monarch player but I've been improving at immortal thanks in no small part to your games :worship:

I have a little complaint though: most of the screenshots in the last few DRs are either incomplete or do not show at all. But maybe it's just my internet connection - our service provider told me they were doing upgrades.

@j0anne
I also get that problem at home, where my internet connection is rather bad. Reload the page when you see that an image is incomplete or that some are missing, and with a browser such as Firefox, the ones already loaded before will be taken from cache and the ones you didn't manage to see the first time will download from the server.

When I still used Opera, there was an even more convenient way to do this, the option "reload image", but I don't know if it's still there. (I thought it was a great feature, though, it would be a shame if it got taken off)

Reloading usually does the trick... I mean I could just re-upload the pictures (sometimes it helps) but since I delete them after uploading them, it's a lot of work on my end while there's already an 'easy' workaround.

I'm starting to be a bit more concerned about my uploading space (for saves) however... I definitely won't have enough room to make it to DR45 at this rate :lol:

Dr kossin #38 was a quickie, t48 loss to an AI dagger.

Next up is Ramesses... well that's going to be fun, playing 2 games with Ramesses at the same time (SG game, espionage oriented).

Maybe I should regenerate until I catch marble and stone in the BFC :lol:

Nah... just kidding. Fractal map again with hopefully better results.

EDIT: Dr kossin #39 is now up.

I don't know how you do it. This is getting really frustrating, even though I've been following your games. I am trying to play on emperor because monarch was too easy. No matter what I do, by the time it is 1AD or so I have only +20 or so beakers and maybe 4 or 5 cities, while everyone else is an era ahead of me in tech and have twice as many cities. I've been trying all day in many games to get something insane like a few hundred beakers by 600AD but by that time I am so far behind in tech that I will never be able to win anything but a backdoor UN win.

Where can I learn how to do this?

Where can I learn how to do this?

You can have a look in the current SGOTM threads where the team members are discussing their decisions in a really detailed way. Maybe the thread in which kossin is playing?

So you will get an insight what these skilled players are thinking and why they do a certain move.

Top Bottom